Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Australia vs New Zealand refugee intake (Read 331 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia vs New Zealand refugee intake
Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:14pm

The leftists and Kiwis like to moralise about refugee numbers.

In 2017-2018 the Kiwis took in a record 1020 refugees, they have only taken in 7952 refugees since 2008-2019.
Page 3 for NZ refugee numbers- https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/statistics/statistics-refugee-quota-se...

Quote:
Australia takes the most refugees since start of humanitarian program

More than 24,000 humanitarian arrivals settled in past financial year, including special intake of Syrian and Iraqi refugees

Australia accepted more refugees to its shores last year than any year since it began a dedicated humanitarian migration program.
New statistics from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection – now part of the home affairs portfolio – revealed 24,162 humanitarian arrivals settled in Australia last financial year. That figure includes Australia’s annual humanitarian program, and refugees arriving as part of the special intake of Syrian and Iraqi refugees.

The previous highest intake, according to figures from the parliamentary library, was under the government of Malcolm Fraser, when 22,545 refugees arrived in 1980-81.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/10/australia-takes-the-most-refugees-...

We only have an obligation under the UN to take in around 13,000 why are we exceeding this?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia vs New Zealand refugee intake
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Why do our Politicians from both sides of the house do what they do?

They certainly don't take any notice of mainstream Australians.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:25pm

It's because population growth is masking a decline in real living standards. Our per capita GDP is going down, but our total GDP is going up - thanks to population growth, which we would not have without high immigration. Thanks to immigration, house prices go up, which people who own houses like in a superficial sense, and we get to be one of the few countries that escape technical depression/recession.

They are sacrificing real wealth for apparent wealth. It's like a poorly designed KPI.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:29pm

freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 7:25pm:
It's because population growth is masking a decline in real living standards. Our per capita GDP is going down, but our total GDP is going up - thanks to population growth, which we would not have without high immigration. Thanks to immigration, house prices go up, which people who own houses like in a superficial sense, and we get to be one of the few countries that escape technical depression/recession.

They are sacrificing real wealth for apparent wealth. It's like a poorly designed KPI.

By George, Pickering - I do believe he's got it!!

Now in the lead-up year to an election, when is Wild Bill going to come out and address this very pressing issue instead of posing with masses of Labor women in photos?**  When are the LNP going to address it in real terms instead of short term gains for mates?

**I've got him on twitter and today he did that, with a crowd of wonderful Labor women, and I said:-  "Are there any wonderful Labor MEN left?"

When are politicians with their huge salaries and perks, and their over 50% of seats as Ministries - going to start to address the real issues?  (not quite - LNP had 43 ministries out of 76 seats held - well over 50% - JESUS!)

I mentioned to Lambie that we should sit down and talk sometime... maybe... maybe.... she's got more balls than the entire Cabinet.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print