Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tennis Umpires to Boycott Williams?? lol (Read 1534 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tennis Umpires to Boycott Williams?? lol
Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:10am

Ouch... it seems apart from a handful of Leftist Lunatics... everyone else has had a guts full of super Brat Serena Williams ...

Quote:
Tennis Umpires Consider Boycotting Matches by Serena Williams after Recent Outburst at US Open

Tennis chair umpires are discussing boycotting matches by Serena Williams following her meltdown at the US Open final.

The umpires are talking about unionizing following the outburst last weekend
. (DO IT )

Yahoo Sports reported:

As fallout continues from Saturday’s heated U.S. Open final that saw Naomi Osaka defeat Serena Williams in a match marred by conflict and controversy, tennis umpires are having their say.

They’re not pleased with Williams or what they see as a lack of support from the tennis world for chair umpire Carlos Ramos, who was on the receiving end of a heated outburst from the 23-time Grand Slam champion.

Report: Umpires considering boycott

The Times of London reports that there is a growing consensus that umpires feel they were “not supported by the USTA” on several occasions and cite one anonymous source claiming that umpires are considering boycotting matches played by Williams.

The source tells The Times that some umpires believe that Ramos was “thrown to the wolves for simply doing his job and was not willing to be abused for it” and that they are considering “to refuse any match assignments involving Williams until she apologizes for vilifying Ramos and calling him a ‘liar’ and a ‘thief.’”

Williams was assessed three code violations during the the loss to Osaka. Ramos warned her against receiving coaching early in the second set, which Williams protested.

Smiley

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Tennis Umpires to Boycott Williams?? lol
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:14am

I'd say barring a full apology and promises on her mother's grave never to do it again, they should.

Do that to an NRL referee and you'll cop a hefty suspension...

"Williams is arguing with the referee... they've been walked ten more metres for back-chatting....  another ten metre penalty..... and another....... Williams is still arguing .. he's thrown the ball to the ground and is now stomping it until it bursts.... we can hear him from here in the commentary box calling the referee a thief and gesticulating wildly... jumping up and down and charging at the referee yelling and pointing........ the referee has marched him!  Williams refuses to go and continues to rant and smash the ball... police are now entering the playing field...."

You'd get a life suspension....
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:20am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 9:03am

Tennis chair umpires are discussing boycotting matches by Serena Williams following her meltdown at the US Open final

They should

But how many will take the money and sabotage a boycott?

Too much riding on the twin-juggernauts of womens lib and black movement

Took a lot of time and effort to resurrect womens lib One and black power One

then to rope them together

then to create mouthpieces for the twin attack

So they'll most likely pay-off front runners of any boycott movement and shut it down

Hope to be wrong

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 11:20am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
do you have a link?

or is this just made up Fake News?  Roll Eyes

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 11:25am

She should be stood down effective immediately and never allowed to compete again.

I still think that the tennis association should review every grand slam win to see if she cheated in them too.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 11:33am

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/umpire-backlash-leads-to-talk-of-a-boycott-of-serena-williams-matches-20180913-p503ft.html

sadly I think they are correct..

dont footy players  and their clubs get isto trouble for abusing even touching a ref???>.

good grief its about RESPECT....

if this keeps going where does anyone stand when kids see Authority being mugged like this in public..

its outrageous..and she is no more important   than the guy on the chair....

without him Serena there is no game.. no big fat cheque..

she was also so rude to a lines women.. this lady need to be shown the facts of life..

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:03am

I note that the ugly American Serena Williams is saying that her performance the other day was really a call and fight for equality. If that is the case lets see all major tennis matches require players to play out  5 sets instead of 3 for females and 5 for men. And in the name of equality lets allow men to play in the women's matches.

Serena Williams on The Project: Tennis superstar speaks for first time since US Open about drama in final

SERENA Williams has spoken out for the first time since the US Open about her on-court meltdown, saying she did not receive coaching and that men and women should be held on a level playing field.

Williams said after the match she is “fighting for women’s rights and equality” and claimed a gender issue was behind the incident.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/serena-williams-on-the-project-tennis-supers...
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:09am by salad in »  

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:12am

salad in wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:03am:
I note that the ugly American Serena Williams is saying that her performance the other day was really a call and fight for equality. If that is the case lets see all major tennis matches require players to play out  5 sets instead of 3 for females and 5 for men. And in the name of equality lets allow men to play in the women's matches.

Yeah - if I can't not play by the rules, that's all about entrenched inequality ... no Black Girl (you go) should have to put up with White Man rules..makes the tennis court like a slave market....

The ultimate deflection of the 21st Century - if I don't get my way, it's all about inequality and unequal outcomes and discrimination and racism and interpersonal hatred without  reason, from a bunch of Everythingphobes who are all Wharte Men running the show for their own good even though I've made millions out of their efforts and I'm set for life while most of my sistuhs is livin' in ghettoes with ten kids from a dozen different dads an' all the kids is active in crime or doin' time.......

Bastards!!  Bloody Wharte Man did it ......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:20am

cods wrote on Sep 15th, 2018 at 11:33am:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/umpire-backlash-leads-to-talk-of-a-boycott-of-serena-williams-matches-20180913-p503ft.html

sadly I think they are correct..

dont footy players  and their clubs get isto trouble for abusing even touching a ref???>.

good grief its about RESPECT....

if this keeps going where does anyone stand when kids see Authority being mugged like this in public..

its outrageous..and she is no more important   than the guy on the chair....

without him Serena there is no game.. no big fat cheque..

she was also so rude to a lines women.. this lady need to be shown the facts of life..

Yes - the captain of a football team can argue a point with the referee respectfully and on merit - if a player rants and carries on at the ref - a penalty is 100% certain... if you watch the NRL, a player may be unhappy with a decision and say so once or twice ... in a general fashion - but no way does he/she get to stand in the face of a ref and rant...

Saturday's game saw a' even-upper' penalty - the referee made a marginal call in favour  of South Sydney, and two minutes later gave a marginal call in favour of St George - evens it up.  Even
Freddy Fittler said so...

Pity St George lost by one point and Penrith by one point on Friday... tight games.

My only bad pick so far in the finals was Brisbane - I thought they'd do better.. buggar... but for the eliminations next weekend I've picked three out of four teams (weeks ago in a 'bracket' pick) and look pretty good for my Grand Finalists picks...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:32am

Serena's display reminds me of Hillary's, Obama's and the Media's display against Trump.
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:47am

Serena Williams on The Project: Tennis superstar speaks for first time since US Open about drama in final

SERENA Williams has spoken out for the first time since the US Open about her on-court meltdown, saying she did not receive coaching and that men and women should be held on a level playing field.

Williams said after the match she is “fighting for women’s rights and equality” and claimed a gender issue was behind the incident.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/serena-williams-on-the-project-tennis-supers...

Which is a total load of self indulgent bullshyte.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:15am

Gnads wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:47am:

Which is a total load of self indulgent bullshyte.

Yep. She's just using the 'Women's Rights' card just to float her own boat like Gillard did to become the 1st Woman PM 'novelty' and personal ambition.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 2:30am

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2018 at 8:07am

The support that Serena is getting for her "woe is women" argument is just ridiculous.

Maybe she is suffering from post natal depression or something because I've never seen her act that way in her long career. If that's the case, she should apologise for her antics and consider her future as a mother. No doubt, the child will need not ever go wanting financially.

Quote:
“I’ll be honest, I was coaching. …Sascha (Osaka’s coach), he was coaching too. This umpire has worked Nadal’s matches and Toni was coaching every point.” Mouratoglou told ESPN.

What Serena's coach seems to be saying is that everybody does it and he's crying foul for being caught out.

I feel sorry for the chair umpire who was just doing his job. If it wasn't bad enough putting up with a very large and aggressove player who looked on the verge of scaling that chair like it was a mini empire state building, he now has to put up with ignoramus women's groups labelling him as sexist.

I also feel sorry for the young girl Osaka who was almost in tears when the ignorant crowd booed her.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print