Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls (Read 3036 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls
Reply #30 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 9:07am

Yadda wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:41am:

Cu Chullain,

That [i.e. your attitude towards 'a guiding authority'],     is what you 'brought to it', to your attitude to God's authority,   yourself.

You 'created' that God [the God, you hate], because that it what is in your heart.

And, what is it,       that is in your heart ?

Rebellion.

Cu Chullain,

Persons like yourself are in rebellion.      ....against the spirit,     of God.

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:34pm:

Your god does not give me free will Yadda.

And that is,      a lie!

Cu Chullain,

You cannot deny it......     the path that you are on [rebellion],      right here, right now,
is the path that       you      chose,
yourself.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 9:40am

I find that young people cannot get away from each other now.
Social media has kids bullying each other 24/7......and everyone else can sit and see what is happening from the sidelines.
We could escape harrasment etc when we walked out of the school or our job in the afternoon, now you can't escape from it.
Not only that....whoever is on your user profile gets to see everything as well.

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:44pm by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
Yadda wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:49pm:
Yadda wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm:

Is that 800,000 per year in the US alone?

A lot of the increase could possibly be put down to more honest reporting and more investigative effort. People historically prefer to say someone died by accident rather than suicide.

FD,       that is 800,000 per year worldwide, looks like,      though the article didn't specify that it was a 'whole world' suicide figure.

Google;
WHO, about 800,000 people die by suicide every year

It's not the lack of your god that makes them suicide. It's their perceived lack of hope. Why isn't your god providing that? Oh that's right, it's all planned out in the book, your god created them that way.

I lack your god and I'm not suicidal.

Cu Chullain,

My response to your post,    ....is here.

------- >

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1516795090/0#0

Don't you want free will ?

Don't you want the right, to make mistakes ?

Or,        do you simply want no one else to have such a right ?

Your god does not give me free will Yadda. You know that. Just as leaving a child in front of a fire and saying "do not touch" then leaving the tent, the child, unsupervised, after your goading, then touches the fire is the child's fault. Your god is an abomination that blames children for touching the fire. A sick god, a god of control, a god that tempts then blames innocents. Your god is an arsehole.

Edit: If you don't get the metaphor to"original sin" there, there is not hope for you.

A control freak who lets children touch the fire?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:28pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 9:40am:

I find that young people cannot get away from each other now.

Social media has kids bullying each other 24/7......and everyone else can sit and see what is happebing from the sidelines.

We could escape harrasment etc when we walked out of the school or our job in the afternoon, now you can't escaoe from it.

Not only that....whoever is on your user profile gets to see everything as well.

Isaiah 5:8
Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!

Psalms 4:1
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2  O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3  But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
4  Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5  Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 2:59pm

I think the lack of funding to young people's mental health service is also a factor here.  Mental health is also an forgotte area of the health care budget. 

The other issue is resilience building, which is lacking in public school education especially.  We are living in a age where young people are expected to know everything, and be as seasoned as someone 2 or 3 times the age. It just does not happen. 

I am lucky, as I come from a family with strong bonding and values.  If I am upset or in trouble, I can just about call 4 to 5 people on my phone, and they will be there in minutes.  But I cant image what to do without this support network when I am 14.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 4:00pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
I think the lack of funding to young people's mental health service is also a factor here.  Mental health is also an forgotte area of the health care budget. 

The other issue is resilience building, which is lacking in public school education especially.  We are living in a age where young people are expected to know everything, and be as seasoned as someone 2 or 3 times the age. It just does not happen. 

I am lucky, as I come from a family with strong bonding and values.  If I am upset or in trouble, I can just about call 4 to 5 people on my phone, and they will be there in minutes.  But I cant image what to do without this support network when I am 14. 

I had no support network growing up...at all. Parents are deadshits...step brothers and sister hated me. I was a bastard son to our father...relatives never cared to know me...very few friends....I had nothing. I felt for some time that I should never have been born. A burdan to these people, these strangers.
You soldier on...you have too. No one will do it for you. At times I nearly did off myself but I didn't have the balls to do it.
People say suicide is what weak people do. I say bullshit. It takes some fukin balls to kill yourself, trust me.
17yrs ago I lost a son to a spitful bitch of a woman. She went above and beyond to destroy me and any relationship I ever had with him......and the system let it happen. I still have not seen him in 17yrs but for 17yrs I have paid child support based on my wage....because the system will take it regardless of your situation. 

I was lost but not destroyed.....and I never self harmed or looked for sympathy. It won't change the situation you're in rather it will make it worse.

The only thing that worked for me was work itself. Take your mind off the world and slip into working life. I loved it. I progressed in my industry to be very successful and I did it myself.

As soon as you start feeling sorry for yourself is when it starts to go pear shaped. Don't feel sorry. Dont feel like you're a burdan on people. Instead, surround yourself in good vibrations. I learned that vibration is the key to this world and feeling peace within yourself. I took up boxing. Dabbled in muoy thai. Got fit. Got my life happening and told all the haters to F off. I stood up for myself...that in itself is very liberating. I've seen it all. Drugs, crime, really bad people......but it did not consume me. I was better than that.
BUT.....
I had to totally change my thought process. I had to like myslef regardless of what others thought of me. What the haters thought of me. There is always going to be someone in life trying to destroy you.
An old work mate summed it up perfectly. He said "what others opinions of you are is none of your fukking buisiness....and it's not. And from then on I did not care for others opinions or comments. Water off a ducks back. Sticks and stones. I was physically stronger than most people and now I was mentally stronger.

10 yrs ago I met a girl that changed my life forever.
2 beautiful kids that are way ahead of all other kids academically and mentally. My 2.5yr old can have a full converstaion with you. Our 7yr old is supposed to be in grade 2 but has finished grade 3 work because the school has her in a grade 3 class.
At home they are given the love and attention that most kids don't get. They are our lives. We don't expect them to sit on a device and occupy themselves. Sure they have their moments but every day the love is shared in our house and it is our little bubble. That is the key IMO. Loving vibration. It works.

Sorry for the story but I consider myself proof that life will turn around....but it is not easy.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #36 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:03pm

@ Reply #35

Caveman, thanks for your story.

Best wishes, for you and your family, for the future.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:22pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:03pm:

@ Reply #35

Thank you for your well wishes yadda.
Like I said. I am not seeking sympathy from anyone. It is what it is and there are millions out there with far worse stories than mine. I just know that there is a light at the end.....and when you're feeling like self harm or suicide and someone says that to you, you feel like punching them.....but it is true. Time heals all wounds.

Self harm/suicide is a huge issue worldwide. It is more common than we realise. 1 in 3 people suffer depression or have a feeling of loneliness/isolation. Over half of depression disorders diagnosed started by age 14 and I don't think anybody is immune to it, also I do not think we are anywhere near close to preventing it. In fact....I'd almost say it will never be cured. Not in this worlds societies. If anything it will escalate. Our lives are so active that our thoughts cannot cope. Our minds are in the wrong place. We are exhausted. I was. That's where learning your inner vibration can help immensely. Turn off the outside world and concentrate deep into your own well being. Keep telling yourself you ARE worth it. If you bombard your mind with positive vibes you WILL come out the other side of depression.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:48pm

freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm:

I guess you didn't get the metaphor and need it explained? Let me help you out then.

Adam and eve, innocents who did not know right from wrong, good from evil as they had no knowledge of it. Someone put a tree in the middle of their paradise, pointed it out and said do not touch! Now, not knowing good from evil does not mean they weren't curious. Their curiosity was probably piqued by the order not to eat of it. "What is this good and evil?"  "Why does he put it here if we are not meant to touch it?" And there lays the fire that their parent lit and told them not to touch but not knowing good from evil, of course they touched it and were burned. The parent then damned them and their offspring for eternity for doing something they could only understand after the fact, not before it. It was a setup by god to damn his creation, some father figure. Why did he put the tree there if not to tempt those that he created with no knowledge of right and wrong, knowing as he did how he created them, they must damn themselves? There could be no other outcome.

This is a sick god. Thanks for showing us you are a Christian, you tend to hide it as it would cause you some grief but you should not be like Peter and deny your Christ.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 3:59am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:48pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm:

I guess you didn't get the metaphor and need it explained? Let me help you out then.

Adam and eve, innocents who did not know right from wrong, good from evil as they had no knowledge of it. Someone put a tree in the middle of their paradise, pointed it out and said do not touch! Now, not knowing good from evil does not mean they weren't curious. Their curiosity was probably piqued by the order not to eat of it. "What is this good and evil?"  "Why does he put it here if we are not meant to touch it?" And there lays the fire that their parent lit and told them not to touch but not knowing good from evil, of course they touched it and were burned. The parent then damned them and their offspring for eternity for doing something they could only understand after the fact, not before it. It was a setup by god to damn his creation, some father figure. Why did he put the tree there if not to tempt those that he created with no knowledge of right and wrong, knowing as he did how he created them, they must damn themselves? There could be no other outcome.

This is a sick god. Thanks for showing us you are a Christian, you tend to hide it as it would cause you some grief but you should not be like Peter and deny your Christ.

And Europe ate from the Tree of Knowledge (Religion from the Middle-East) knowing Good & Evil ...that the way to God was through Jews & Moslems.

But there is the '2nd part' to the story SETANTA/CU CHULLAIN: The 'Tree of Life'  Wink

Middle-East: "Dare Europe (Adam/Eve) eat from the TREE OF LIFE then and become Gods like us and live 'forever'?"

So then, Europe discovers North America and the 'World' and white people are spreading.

Basically Europe only ate from the Knowledge of the Middle-East, but now eats from the 'Life' of the New Worlds.
Hence why Germany, soon France, then Italy and finally Britain ...are renouncing 'Religion' back to the Middle-East.

Se SET/CU ...God is all 'forgiving' too Wink
Such is Knowledge (GOD) and Life (Gaia)  Wink Wink

...chew on that!  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Sep 15th, 2018 at 4:24am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
Yadda wrote on Sep 14th, 2018 at 7:03pm:

@ Reply #35

Thank you for your well wishes yadda.
Like I said. I am not seeking sympathy from anyone. It is what it is and there are millions out there with far worse stories than mine. I just know that there is a light at the end.....and when you're feeling like self harm or suicide and someone says that to you, you feel like punching them.....but it is true. Time heals all wounds.

Self harm/suicide is a huge issue worldwide. It is more common than we realise. 1 in 3 people suffer depression or have a feeling of loneliness/isolation. Over half of depression disorders diagnosed started by age 14 and I don't think anybody is immune to it, also I do not think we are anywhere near close to preventing it. In fact....I'd almost say it will never be cured. Not in this worlds societies. If anything it will escalate. Our lives are so active that our thoughts cannot cope. Our minds are in the wrong place. We are exhausted. I was. That's where learning your inner vibration can help immensely. Turn off the outside world and concentrate deep into your own well being. Keep telling yourself you ARE worth it. If you bombard your mind with positive vibes you WILL come out the other side of depression.

Well done Capt Caveman.
Suicide, like War - has its challenges. Everyone has to face one, the other or even both.
I won't go into lengthy detail, but I used to work in the Psyche industry and I also ended up on the other side of the bed (when I left the industry far behind). Yep - suddenly I was in the 4th Dimension, I had turned myself inside-out.
Suicide? There was a period, where my 'only thought' was to die. It was the only thing I could think of at any given time. It was my life's goal. It was my destiny - for I had lost everything, ruined everything and everything wanted me 'dead'! It was a culmination of many things that made me this way - mostly taking on 'too much' in life (over-achieve) to the point my mind & body experienced 'trauma' and basically 'collapsed' in upon itself like a Supernova. It had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol.
...in a way - I did 'die' to it all.

It took over 4 years to recover, with Professional Help. A full 4 years ...out there in the desert, lost.

Now, I look after 'mental' health people (mostly 'ex-cons') in my own way and get paid for it as just one of my jobs.
Life is going better. I no longer feel
Beyond Blue
, while I put on my Scuba gear and go for the odd dive into the
'deeper blue'
too  Wink

I could go more into it, for there is a lot more to it.
But at the moment, I've got to go see a young female aquaintence this week some time. She is in high care Mental Health. A junkie/ex-con - she has many a scar running the length along her arms (not across) from suicide attempts. She looks a mess when the make-up no longer hides it. She'll never get to Heaven, the damage has been done. But she can be helped enough not to go to Hell, so to speak. If she can 'live' with that... well, who knows what's around the corner for her.

The Big Picture: Even 'Earth' has to face Suicide & War.
Look at the problems of the planet.
Venus (Suicide)
Mars (War)
...two reminders of what can become of our Planet, if we don't watch ourselves. But with any luck, we may pass the test and turn both of them, into something much like Earth, one day.

Bad: making a mistake.
Evil: having made the mistake, but consciously doing it again, knowing it was bad.

Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge, but Adam forgave her (as did God) when Adam ate from the Tree of Life and showed them both that they can live forever ...like Gods (like themWink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print