Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls (Read 3034 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls
Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:45am

'Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls'

....and, an epidemic of mass murders in our societies [being committed even without 'evil guns' being present] !

Q.
Why are we doing this,    ....to ourselves ?

A.
Because for decades now, 'humanists' [i.e. the social engineers and experimenters]
have been turning young people [and children] away from the precepts for living, which are taught within God's word.

Quote:

Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls

2018-Sep-11

More than 1 in 5       14-year-old girls “is at risk of self-harm,”....

Self-harm is not the only rising statistic among the young generation.

Suicide is the second-leading cause of death among 15-to-29-year-olds globally.

And those who harm themselves are much more likely to commit suicide.

Every 40 seconds, one person dies by suicide; and for every suicide, there are 25 attempts.

About 800,000 people die by suicide every year, with an increasing number of those being in their teenage years.

Between 2006 and 2016, the teen suicide rate rose more than 70 percent, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

From 2007 to 2014, the suicide rate among 10-to-14-year-olds more than doubled.

What is causing this epidemic?

Why do millions of young people believe that self-harm and suicide are their only options?

https://www.thetrumpet.com/17711-shocking-rise-in-self-harm-among-14-year-old-gi...

So, so many people today are living lost and confused lives.

I blame the humanists.    ....the God haters.

They are those who have taught our children....

Quote:

What gives me pleasure, is good.

And what prevents me from experiencing pleasure, is evil/bad.

and....

Quote:

We live in a world, today, where we have been taught [by 'humanists' and by the social experimenters], that we ourselves can legitimately consider ourselves, to be the arbiters of what is right or wrong [behaviour].

humanists.....

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1434160480/0#0

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1434160480/1#1

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
18  O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

God has put a small part of his own spirit inside of us, so that we will always know and understand what is 'correct' and what is not 'correct'.

But many of us [mankind] invariably choose to follow a most popular philosophy which has been promoted in this age....

"If it feels good, do it!"

And then,       we reap the consequences, in our lives.

And then we feel lost, and 'polluted'.

Because we know,      that we are lost, and that we have been polluted !

Don't give up!

Look for something better!

Search for it,       with all of your heart.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Shocking Rise in Self-Harm Among 14-Year-Old Girls
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:54am

It's my suspicion, based on this and that, that many yount people consider suicide a means of getting permanently close to God in equal measure to escaping a world in which they've become disillusioned and of which they're probably afraid

they want to leave the material world before it has time and opportunity to 'dirty' them

they've seen what in all probability lies ahead for them

Life isn't Disneyland.  And by the teenage years (if not long before) people realise that

People have always chosen to end their lives.  They believe they have sound reason for doing so

and in many cases, in my opinion, they made the right choice

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:16am

PZ547 wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:54am:
It's my suspicion, based on this and that, that many yount people consider suicide a means of getting permanently close to God in equal measure to escaping a world in which they've become disillusioned and of which they're probably afraid

they want to leave the material world before it has time and opportunity to 'dirty' them

they've seen what in all probability lies ahead for them

Life isn't Disneyland.  And by the teenage years (if not long before) people realise that

People have always chosen to end their lives.  They believe they have sound reason for doing so

and in many cases, in my opinion, they made the right choice

an interesting post.

i would say that we have constructed a world where people are shielded from the harsh reality of life.
a wild animal is unlikely to tear you to pieces. no one from a nearby suburb is likely to spear you.

but there is a cost for that.

dealing with a threat makes you braver.

and as we have extinguished nearly all forms of threat , people just arent very brave anymore.

and you are right (nietczhe predicted this),  when he said "god is dead" it wasnt a triumphal statement.
nietchze said that the result of the undermining of the dogmatic and superstitous elements of the church would be that people would become "nihilistic and lost".

they would ask "what is the purpose of my life?"

and if that is just to feel pleasure, then that is not going to work out because there are going to be many many times throughout your life when you will be suffering.

happiness is not a birthright and it is not even the default state.

so with nihilism, there comes resentment and with resentment, there comes bitterness and anger and a will for revenge.
this can easily flow thru into a deep self hatred and self harm is an expression of self hatred.

there is a way out.

accept fully that life is suffering.
embrace that, make love to that.
determine that you are going to climb the narrow road to success and see every obstacle as a stepping stone.
thats hard to do.
thats the road to enlightenment.

people think enlightenment is just some blissful state.
its not. if it was , everyone would be doing it.

its hard as f^^k.
but you dont have anything better to do.
you dont have anything better to do then to see how strong and tough and resilient you can make yourself.

thats virtually the opposite of how young people are raised today. they are raised by overly compassionate lefties to be weak and to see weakness as a virtue

"the timid approach to life"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:18am

@ Reply #1

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

We will live,     until we die.

It was always so,     for a man.

Life is an adventure and a challenge.

A challenge with some danger and some discomfort ?

Yes.

But myself,      i'd rather try and lose, than just 'give up', because i considered that it was all too difficult.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:29am

Yadda wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:18am:

@ Reply #1

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

We will live,     until we die.

It was always so,     for a man.

Life is an adventure and a challenge.

A challenge with some danger and some discomfort ?

Yes.

But myself,      i'd rather try and lose, than just 'give up', because i considered that it was all too difficult.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

true yadda,

the biblical stories are true from a psychological perspective regardless of faith.
it IS the furnace that burns off the impurities and leads to rebirth as something better.

it is the pheonix which arises from the ashes.

all through our lives we have to burn off the old ideas to be born again.

a 14 yo who understands this will burn off her child like naivety and re emerge as a stronger woman.
a 14 yo who doesnt understand this will self harm in a chaotic and confused state

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:00pm

The majority of suicidal/self destructive cases that came into Emergency departments (to be monitored, specialled, etc) - were
1. Based on religious beliefs (a lot of young moslems kids were in because they found it difficult trying to please Australia, while also trying to please their own Middle-Easternised parents)
2. Media/Celebrity - Party attitude of just getting drunk/drugged beyond control to have a good time  Roll Eyes
3. Broken Families: kids with none or one parent or parental abusiveness.

There were others, but not as common.

The joke is:
How do you kill an Aussie?
Leave them alone and they will do it themselves.

A lot of Australia's self-loathing, is based on its 'criminal' (Convict) past. Obviously, there is no 'pride' in being a criminal, though some do try the short cut and try to take pride in such things like Ned Kelly, etc - by 'glorifying' crime, just like they do with Piracy.
But that's how 'denial' works. It's a false Australian sense of culture.

Personally, these young girls just need some of that illegal boat people meat to make them their wives. They breed young and early anyway. These girls don't want to be Germaine Greers (childless, bitter old over-achievers for USA money and fame). They just want to have babies.

...but we all know 'breeding' in Australia is a 'crime'  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:09pm

aquascoot wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:29am:

true yadda,

the biblical stories are true from a psychological perspective regardless of faith.

Scripture has always 'worked' for me,     reading scripture set my feet on 'solid ground' so to speak.

I would encourage anyone who is feeling a little confused [about their life], to read The Book of Proverbs.

They will either love it, 'instantly',     or it won't make much of an impression upon them at all.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/pro/1/1/

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:26pm

Quote:
determine that you are going to climb the narrow road to success and see every obstacle as a stepping stone.
thats hard to do.

its hard as f^^k.
you dont have anything better to do then to see how strong and tough and resilient you can make yourself

That's the thing, though

people would rather walk away from the fight, the whole thing.  And I don't blame them

Most if not all have done the suffering bit

In many cases it does not make us stronger or better
Very often, it cripples and destroys

and for what?  For what?

Let's liken it to a brand new pair of shoes
Lovely and new. Smooth, unwrinkled.  Proud to be seen in them

Now let's look at those shoes after six months continual wear (remembering that life usually lasts a lot longer than six months)
After six months, those shoes are clearly worse for wear.  They've been through a lot. In the process, the soles might have come loose.  The shoes' shape sags, tips to one side perhaps.  If velco fastener, then it's loose and covered in lint.  If laces, they're tattered and eyelets are stretched/loose. Down at heel.  Surface cracked and worn

so who wants to end up as a battered, fit for the tip pair of old shoes?  Especially when those same shoes began as bright, ready for anything, fully believing they'd still look and feel good miles down the track

It was organised religion which force-fed the notion that suffering is noble --and that suffering to the end was a path to future paradise

It's my suspicion that humans are reduced by Life, not enhanced
When I was a teen and we were asked in class as to our primary goal, ambition.  I said it was my ambition to exit life 'as good as I entered it'.  People laughed and interpreted that to mean I thought I was A1.  They wanted to be nurses, policemen, etc.  What I was to embarrassed to explain was that I'd already seen how adults had been reduced via their passage in life.  They'd become bitter, angry, envious, resentful, blameful, etc.  But with many, you could occasionally see how they'd been when younger - you could still see glimpses of their original enthusiasm, generosity of spirit, playfulness, empathy, etc.  They'd been covered by experience, suffering, loss, theft and the day-to-day pain of living by barnacles of negativity, sorrow, bitterness, fear and so on

I wanted to fight that erosion and come out the other end with my better qualities intact. That was my ambition and for many adult years I believed I was on track.  More years and the cracks became evident to me.  Now I'm a lot changed.  I lost myself along the way and became someone else, only parts of which I approve

that's the cost of living.  And whom/what does it benefit?

Life simply wants more of itself. Life demands that everything replace itself before it dies, be that weeds, cockroaches, rats, humans

Once the entity has reproduced and raised its replacement to the point of reasonable viability, Life has no further use for that entity.  On and on.  Known as the boilogical-imperative, apparently

We humans attempt to make a virtue of it.  We celebrate the birth of our own and others young as if birth of another on the path to suffering were an achievement when in fact it's merely result, most often, of an act committed nine months earlier with the result not always celebrated privately by either parent

It seems in many cases that forcing another human to endure decades of mostly pain, is wrong and an imposition on the newborn individual

in addition, parenthood very often strips individuals of opportunity and costs them irreplaceable time, effort, money, sacrifice

Sure, we focus on the positive; the joys of parenthood, the opportunity of the parent to mature, develop character -- and of course, conform with peers

But how many artists of all kinds, scientists, doctors, humanitarians, tutors, on and on, have we lost to the rigours of parenthood which demands a minimum of twenty years of an individuals prime productivity, courage, energy, etc.

So again, who/what benefits from the human condition -- with many believing the primary beneficiaries are not humans

We live in a world where most things are forced to live at the cost of others lives -- human lives, animal lives, environmental health.  Except rabbit and deer and other non-predators

For decades I've wished humans worldwide would stop being drawn into diversions such as wars for profit, territory, domination, etc. --- and go on strike !  Against 'Life' itself !  No more breeding, no more bloodshed, no more religion.  Just no.  We're stopping.  We're downing genitals.  We're done

maybe that's what it needs to force a reset

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
The majority of suicidal/self destructive cases that came into Emergency departments (to be monitored, specialled, etc) - were
1. Based on religious beliefs (a lot of young moslems kids were in because they found it difficult trying to please Australia, while also trying to please their own Middle-Easternised parents)
2. Media/Celebrity - Party attitude of just getting drunk/drugged beyond control to have a good time  Roll Eyes

The joke is:

A lot of Australia's self-loathing, is based on its 'criminal' (Convict) past. Obviously, there is no 'pride' in being a criminal, though some do try the short cut and try to take pride in such things like Ned Kelly, etc - by 'glorifying' crime, just like they do with Piracy.

Personally, these young girls just need some of that illegal boat people meat to make them their wives. They breed young and early anyway. These girls don't want to be Germaine Greers (childless, bitter old over-achievers for USA money and fame). They just want to have babies.

That's crap.

They don't need that at all. They have plenty of Australian males willing to breed with them

and that's exactly what they are doing.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:35pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm:

The joke is:

That's crap.

They don't need that at all. They have plenty of Australian males willing to breed with them

I agree.  That post by Ja sin is crap.  Maybe he's having an off-day

Crap in more ways than one

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm

That's crap.

Gnads,

I do not regard JaSin's posts,       as reflecting any serious or sincere opinion.

He's more of an 'agent provocateur', imo.

He's just, what could be termed, a 'stirrer'.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:49pm

Is that 800,000 per year in the US alone?

A lot of the increase could possibly be put down to more honest reporting and more investigative effort. People historically prefer to say someone died by accident rather than suicide.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:50pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
Quote:
thats hard to do.

its hard as f^^k.
you dont have anything better to do then to see how strong and tough and resilient you can make yourself

That's the thing, though

people would rather walk away from the fight, the whole thing.  And I don't blame them

Most if not all have done the suffering bit

In many cases it does not make us stronger or better
Very often, it cripples and destroys

and for what?  For what?

Let's liken it to a brand new pair of shoes
Lovely and new. Smooth, unwrinkled.  Proud to be seen in them

Now let's look at those shoes after six months continual wear (remembering that life usually lasts a lot longer than six months)
After six months, those shoes are clearly worse for wear.  They've been through a lot. In the process, the soles might have come loose.  The shoes' shape sags, tips to one side perhaps.  If velco fastener, then it's loose and covered in lint.  If laces, they're tattered and eyelets are stretched/loose. Down at heel.  Surface cracked and worn

It was organised religion which force-fed the notion that suffering is noble --and that suffering to the end was a path to future paradise

It's my suspicion that humans are reduced by Life, not enhanced
When I was a teen and we were asked in class as to our primary goal, ambition.  I said it was my ambition to exit life 'as good as I entered it'.  People laughed and interpreted that to mean I thought I was A1.  They wanted to be nurses, policemen, etc.  What I was to embarrassed to explain was that I'd already seen how adults had been reduced via their passage in life.  They'd become bitter, angry, envious, resentful, blameful, etc.  But with many, you could occasionally see how they'd been when younger - you could still see glimpses of their original enthusiasm, generosity of spirit, playfulness, empathy, etc.  They'd been covered by experience, suffering, loss, theft and the day-to-day pain of living by barnacles of negativity, sorrow, bitterness, fear and so on

I wanted to fight that erosion and come out the other end with my better qualities intact. That was my ambition and for many adult years I believed I was on track.  More years and the cracks became evident to me.  Now I'm a lot changed.  I lost myself along the way and became someone else, only parts of which I approve

that's the cost of living.  And whom/what does it benefit?

Life simply wants more of itself. Life demands that everything replace itself before it dies, be that weeds, cockroaches, rats, humans

Once the entity has reproduced and raised its replacement to the point of reasonable viability, Life has no further use for that entity.  On and on.  Known as the boilogical-imperative, apparently

We humans attempt to make a virtue of it.  We celebrate the birth of our own and others young as if birth of another on the path to suffering were an achievement when in fact it's merely result, most often, of an act committed nine months earlier with the result not always celebrated privately by either parent

It seems in many cases that forcing another human to endure decades of mostly pain, is wrong and an imposition on the newborn individual

in addition, parenthood very often strips individuals of opportunity and costs them irreplaceable time, effort, money, sacrifice

But how many artists of all kinds, scientists, doctors, humanitarians, tutors, on and on, have we lost to the rigours of parenthood which demands a minimum of twenty years of an individuals prime productivity, courage, energy, etc.

So again, who/what benefits from the human condition -- with many believing the primary beneficiaries are not humans

We live in a world where most things are forced to live at the cost of others lives -- human lives, animal lives, environmental health.  Except rabbit and deer and other non-predators

For decades I've wished humans worldwide would stop being drawn into diversions such as wars for profit, territory, domination, etc. --- and go on strike !  Against 'Life' itself !  No more breeding, no more bloodshed, no more religion.  Just no.  We're stopping.  We're downing genitals.  We're done

maybe that's what it needs to force a reset

you are saying the suffering is "too much to bear".
that doesnt change the existential fact of reality.

life has a tragic component
thats unavoidable

but you can take tragedy and make it worse by applying evil.

and that turns tragedy into hell.

say your mum is dying of a horrible cancer and youre at her bedside...thats tragic
say your mum is dying of a horrible cancer and youre at her bedside and you and your brothers and sisters are fighting...thats hell.
say you took it upon yourself to be the sort of strong person who could be at your mothers bedside and be a bloody rock and organise the funeral and stand up straight and make a speech about her and not be a cry baby sook.
thats noble.
so why not do that.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:29pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
aquascoot wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:29am:

true yadda,

Scripture has always 'worked' for me,     reading scripture set my feet on 'solid ground' so to speak.

I would encourage anyone who is feeling a little confused [about their life], to read The Book of Proverbs.

They will either love it, 'instantly',     or it won't make much of an impression upon them at all.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/pro/1/1/

You pompous fundamentalists are never happy - unless you're stuffing your own brand of "god" down everyone's throat

Why IS that ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:02pm

The joke is:

That's crap.

The shopping malls abound with teenage mothers and their infants, often in company of their mothers and sisters...... it's become the norm to root and fall pregnant and nobody says anything these days.... I like little kids and they like me, but I fear for the long term future of these teenage mothers.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print