Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
is NoWhere safe for our kids.. (Read 2734 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

is NoWhere safe for our kids..
Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:33am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bankstown-schoolyard-bashing-leaves-t...
A 10-YEAR-OLD boy was fighting for life on Tuesday night after a primary school bashing in Sydney’s west.

Emergency crews were called to Wattawa Heights Public School at Bankstown following reports that a child had been injured when a fight broke out about noon.

The boy was taken to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, where he remained in a critical but stable condition.

Nearly a dozen detectives and uniformed officers cordoned off an outside section of the school grounds with crime scene tape near an outside toilet block.

Officers locked gates and young students were led single file by teachers past the police tape into nearby classrooms.

A forensic officer with a camera then entered the change rooms.

Police said no arrests had been made as of last night.

Angry parents took to the school’s Facebook page in search of answers, with one woman saying she was fearful for the boy’s life.

“Well, what a lovely bunch of staff, allowing a 10-year-old boy to get bashed almost to death while in your care and supervision,” she said.

“Where were you when this huge fight happened? Where was the supervision which you are required by law to supply to the children in your care?

“Shame Wattawa Heights School, I hope the young boy survives.”

The school’s website claims its small cohort allows a nurturing environment.

“Wattawa Heights Public School is a small school with a diverse community that provides a safe and positive environment for children to learn,” it reads.

“Students are provided with a challenging curriculum emphasising literacy, numeracy and information technology within well-resourced classrooms.”

NSW Police remained tight-lipped about the incident, but a spokeswoman confirmed an investigation had been launched.

“A student has been taken to hospital following an alleged assault at a school in Bankstown,” she said.

just another child who will be scarred for life  thanks to bullies.....

possibly in more than one way.. Angry

the violence especially directed at children   IS  GROWING...  its out of control  and has been for some time....

another child was so out of control they beat a 10 yr old  to within an inch of his life.....

its just a ticking time bomb.....

is this just a sign of things to come?.. Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: is NoWhere safe for our kids..
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:39am

Bankstown

IBI

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:42am

nope, 

nowhere is safe.

the answer is to build a resilient child.

there is no other way

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:47am

aquascoot wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:42am:
nope, 

nowhere is safe.

there is no other way

Some places are worse than others.

Bankstown had adopted the characteristics of the people who've immigrated there. Angry people who quickly reach to violence to solve problems, a necessary part of living in the middle east.

Very different to the leafy Nth Shore or Eastern Subs.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:55am

oh of course... this has nothing to do with human nature...whatever is happening   is becoming a disease

north shore I believe the kids are killing themselves....does that make it better   or easier to sweep under the carpet

assuming to child responsible is also 10...   ?????

we were shocked out of our see no evil  minds   when we read about the James Bolger crime in Britain...

we still are horrified by it..... did we ask where were those boys born or what culture they came from......

yet here   it appears to be  the reason for all evil ..

do not all kids deserve to be protected ??????   if they happen to live in Bankstown   does that mean  well what do you expect...move on nothing happening here... Angry Angry Angry Angry

seriously !

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:00am

Must be the banking RCs fault

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:06am

cods wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:55am:
oh of course... this has nothing to do with human nature...whatever is happening   is becoming a disease

north shore I believe the kids are killing themselves....does that make it better   or easier to sweep under the carpet

we were shocked out of our see no evil  minds   when we read about the James Bolger crime in Britain...

we still are horrified by it..... did we ask where were those boys born or what culture they came from......

do not all kids deserve to be protected ??????   if they happen to live in Bankstown   does that mean  well what do you expect...move on nothing happening here... Angry Angry Angry Angry

seriously !

Well, one thing that Australians fail to recognise is that we are letting in a new culture that we have no idea about. It breeds in countries that are pretty much lawless unless a dictator is in charge. They are different humans to us here in little old Aussie land.

When I was at school a fight happened regularly. I was in my fair share. I won some and I also lost some. We had a school culture that when the opponent hit the deck they were not touched unless they lifted themselves back up to shape up again. That was very rare to see. Also, if another person tried to jump on and help his mate then he was dealt with too.

Then we got a family of arabs arrive . Syrians. One was in my class and he was a good bloke. Really easy to get along with.....but his older cousins were pack hunters. They would kick a person laying on the ground submitting to them. Let's just say they got served their justice but they never learned. Years later at the pub I saw one of the cousins looking for a fight....every friday night this prick would go looking for trouble. Never picked on my group though. He'd find a victim he knew he could beat but one night he picked the wrong dude. His arse was handed to him.... but his brothers were close and they pilled on like the dogs they are. Luckily the cops were close and got the lot.... but they were let off.

What I'm saying is it is their culture. Thats how they behave. Pick on weaker kids and just want to hurt them even though the kid would submit straight away. So it's not just another Aussie fighting. These arseholes are bred to fight dirty. It's their tough culture.
We have no idea about these people and the environment they lived in back home...and we never will. We should be sending the violent ones away. They will never help us.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:19am

cods wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:55am:

seriously !

So what do you suggest as solution?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:39am:
Bankstown

Bankistan .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:13pm

aquascoot wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:42am:
nope, 

nowhere is safe.

there is no other way

He was resilient - he bounced off the wall a few times before he fell over....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:24pm

thankfully this child wasnt attacked by another boy   he had a allergy attack  but the staff looked after him...

he was in a pretty bad way  so I guess thats what made it easy for these assumptions.. I am so relived not that hes sick poor kid.. but it wasnt more violence.. we seem to have more than our share...

Quote:
So what do you suggest as solution?

if only I had that I could make a fortune...

sadly it will take more than one thing to change dont your think?..

children need protection from every angle.

most children are born into a family.. by that I mean uncles aunts cousins grandparents....

whe I hear about kids being bad or babies being killed..

I always ask myself   where is the extended family?????

do they not see  something isnt right????

maybe more advertising  telling extended family and or friends to SPEAK UP>..... a phone number anything to make others aware ... even if it is a false alarm   

its worth it if we save one child from brutality....

children have no voice.....

if people are reported they know they are being watched..... it could save a tragic outcome.....

again  out laws need to change.

they need  to know we are sick to death of lenient sentencing....... and no bargaining for a lower sentence   that makes me sick to my stomach...

when it comes to a death... sentencing is the only weapon we have....if someone can brutleise and give a child a slow lingering death... he must surely deserve more than a 9 yr sentence....... with time off for good behavior... Angry Angry Angry Angry

that is more than insulting...

perhaps  camps for wayward kids   who lack discipline of any kind   and really need to find a better way to deal with things....

they have them in America  why not here....good healthy camps where they get the best and have to do their best.....I am sure many kids who are taking the wrong road   can be turned around if it isnt left too late..

by the time they end up in jail  it is too late....

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:21pm

ouch
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:39pm by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:07pm

no elderly person is safe either - watch video

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-06/aged-care-worker-allegedly-assaults-elderl...

This indian will get a $2,000 fine and 30 hours community service

... which of course will tell all other indians that it's ok to bash white people because they won't get time in jail

The solution to these problems is to break the habit of voting for the Libs and Labs/Greens, vote for anyone else, just not them. Sooner or later we are going to wake up that the people who instigated all this violence, are the same people who have policies that allow it to happen, those people are the Libs, Labs and the Greens. Their policies are over-riding the rule of law

Once those parties see how their vote is disappearing, they'll then ask us "WHY"? why are you not giving us your vote? Then we can say "Haven't you noticed"?, do you walk around with your eyes shut?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:30am

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:07pm:
no elderly person is safe either - watch video

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-06/aged-care-worker-allegedly-assaults-elderl...

This indian will get a $2,000 fine and 30 hours community service

... which of course will tell all other indians that it's ok to bash white people because they won't get time in jail

The solution to these problems is to break the habit of voting for the Libs and Labs/Greens, vote for anyone else, just not them. Sooner or later we are going to wake up that the people who instigated all this violence, are the same people who have policies that allow it to happen, those people are the Libs, Labs and the Greens. Their policies are over-riding the rule of law

Once those parties see how their vote is disappearing, they'll then ask us "WHY"? why are you not giving us your vote? Then we can say "Haven't you noticed"?, do you walk around with your eyes shut?

If the dopey pr1cks don't know by now - they never will. Time to get rid of the lot.

Too friggin tied up in their off there in the clouds ideological games to bother about the real issues, and imagining their 'job' is to rubbish the 'opposition' who are no better.

Might have to have security guards patrolling the schools to stop this kind of crap.... or a vigilante parent group.. plenty of unemployed dads out there now to suit the women's sh1t.... get 'em together and form a PROPER pressure group to stop this kind of sh1t.

(now that's telling 'em!) .....

― John Adams

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:44am

Be real.  There is no solution. It's always been the same and why would it change now or in the future

We're animals and that's fact.  Sure, we have the neo cortex, but that's simply made us more inventive both in the crimes we commit and the ways we evade discovery and punishment

Solutions so far proposed in this thread range from appealing to people's better nature, making politicians suffer (heh heh),  to getting gangs of unemployed, imaginary-hero fathers to 'patrol' and ensure justice -- like the old cowboy-hero movies

The weakest have always been victims and that includes smaller, weaker, pacifist males & women, children, animals

The strong, whether mentally, physically, financially and those in positions (however minor) of authority, have always preyed upon those they consider to be weaker

just as occurs in the animal kingdom

Women are just as guilty as men

Warzones aren't just in battle-fields.  They're also in cities, towns, suburbs, streets, between neighbours and of course, schools

We're all in danger, all the time
We cannot protect everyone, everywhere

In order to survive, children are forced to devise survival tactics which of necessity, they tailor to best suit their personal circumstances.  It puts stress on kids from an early age.  Often, their survival techniques are learned and honed in their earliest years against their own parents, siblings and wider family

more than a few parents are brutal sadists.  Just as many are narcissists who select one child as their personal whipping-post while they play the other siblings against their victim

weak, terrified children will adopt the role of dobber against their siblings.  And of course, that's a technique they will utilize life-long, quite often.  Or do people believe dobbers emerge only in adulthood, just as they must imagine bullies only become such as adults? 

Teachers never leave school, most of them.  Does no one ever question why some people evade real-life and remain in the 'teaching industry' life-long?  I have several in my own family and I don't have a high opinion of them.  None of them became teachers because they 'loved children' or wanted to 'help children'.  They became teachers because it's a basically risk-free career, for most.  Steady work and financial security without having to get dirty and able to enjoy lots of time off.  The majority of teachers are, in my opinion, the last people I'd pay to be around children all day, able to influence developing minds and personalities.  Imo, anyone seeking employment as a school teacher should be required to prove they've been employed successfully in the real world for a minimum of five years.  So expecting school teachers to ensure the safety of children is unrealistic, imo.  And for those who take objection to my opinions, maybe you haven't listened to what school teachers say about other people's children

To continue in that vein, anyone who imagines patrols of hero-fathers as being a solution to problems mustn't have seen and heard those same hero-fathers on the sidelines of a six year old footy game.  And the mothers are as bad

The security guard (thug in fake uniform) who was paid to ensure the safety of kids in a supermarket playground was arrested for snatching a couple's small girl, dragging her into a dark tunnel and showing her his organ.  Security guards are guys off the steet stuffed into a mickey-mouse uniform.  Might as well drag any random guy off a street and entrusting him with small kids' safety.  Might as well get an Uber driver who's been sacked for sexual molestation of a passenger

No.  No one is going to adequately protect your child apart from you, and that's if you're not a narcissistic or sadistic or drug addicted head-case, that is

otherwise, your child is on its own.  Against the world and everything in it

Most children survive.  Only a few escape undamaged, unscathed

It's not a pollyanna world, never was.  That's why we have Golden Books and Disney -- pretend worlds, the world as we'd like it to be.  The reality is far uglier

this world intends for children to die along with everyone and everything else which dies.  That's the reality.  And those who don't die get hurt, just as everyone and everything else is hurt

this world is no respecter of childhood. Attacking dogs see kids as easy prey, as do many adults, paedophiles, extended family members and parents themselves.  Other children, older kids, bigger kids -- they're certainly no respecters of childhood as an institution

For many children, life is a living hell.  If they make it through, most of them snort in derision when they hear their childhood was 'the best years of their life'

for many, life improves when they get away from school, from teachers and from parents

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print