Jasin
Gold Member

Re: THai cave rescue
Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 10:46pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
do you have a link?

or is this just made up Fake News?  Roll Eyes

No, I totally believe Bojack.
I'm a Diver. I can tell how he's wording things - that he's being honest.

I do understand what he's trying to say.

Basically, we live in a nation where all the really 'skilled' people are volunteers and all the idiots are paid by the Govt.
Well Bojack, look on the bright side - being a 'volunteer' means you can get laid (in Australia) without having to drink alcohol, do drugs, marry a non-English-speaking primitive from some long lost tribe (from the back of Scotland) and other 'self-destructive' aspects.

I might have been harsh in putting it to the 'more skilled' and experienced Cave Divers to 'float their own boat' (fund themselves without need of harassing people for donations)
- rather than whinge about Govt paid AFP Divers.

But the truth is, even I can agree that only one AFP Diver would have been needed for any 'legal' translations - but yes, the Australian 'Privateer' Cave Divers are vastly more experienced and are more 'Rescue' orientated than 'crime/legal' orientated like the AFP.
I also believe that the Australian Media wouldn't publish/promote that 'pommies' did all the work and the Australian side was a bit left wanting.  Lips Sealed

So yep - I think it was a balls up from Australia's side.

>>>As for the Thais letting the kids die? Well, I kinda agree with the Thai - there's plenty more of them where they come from.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:02am

Typical police behavior really. They're better than us....just ask them. That uniform instantly qualifies you for what ever the hell you want to do....even if it is wrong. The hierachies will cover up the mess if you leave one behind too.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:58am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 7:02am:
Typical police behavior really. They're better than us....just ask them. That uniform instantly qualifies you for what ever the hell you want to do....even if it is wrong. The hierachies will cover up the mess if you leave one behind too.

i took a big strong policeman for a bushwalk near my property on day.
2/3 of the way up the mountain, i saw him sweating and really taking in the deep breaths.
i said jokingly"are you right mate, do you want me to carry your pack?"
at which point he took it off his back and handed it to me. Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:47am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 4:00pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
not a single fatality  ( except the diver) and they all donated their and efforts time as far as I know- they didnt have too- ungrateful whining - all rescued alive- it was an amazing rescue- just a shame Bojack they didnt give you a chance to donate your time to the  to the rescue effort -

The AFP guys were paid.

bojack were you there????....

in hindsight  I am sure we can and would do different   
'
this was an operation run by the Thai Govt

it had nothing to do with outsiders   who ever went into that cave   and many many did for hours at a time.......did so via instructions.....

if yas you claim AFP Divers did not so much as get wet........was it their fault?????.....did they go with the sole intention  of sitting back and watching??..

did they recieve hero medals   for their non involvement....in this rescue Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

divers of all kinds have my utmost admiration   just thinking about it makes me shudder.....

to watch any incredible rescue ... Thredbo Bullimore.Beaconsfield...I sat transfixed.....

many many people were involved in all those rescues... not just the ones that made the front page..

to talk about people like this I find disgusting.....and completely unwarranted... 

what satisfaction anyone gets out of disparaging people who cannot hit back..... mocking and making fun,.... yes thats you aqua....when you have never walked in their shoes.... Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:18am

cods wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 8:47am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 4:00pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
not a single fatality  ( except the diver) and they all donated their and efforts time as far as I know- they didnt have too- ungrateful whining - all rescued alive- it was an amazing rescue- just a shame Bojack they didnt give you a chance to donate your time to the  to the rescue effort -

The AFP guys were paid.

bojack were you there????....

in hindsight  I am sure we can and would do different   
'
this was an operation run by the Thai Govt

if yas you claim AFP Divers did not so much as get wet........was it their fault?????.....did they go with the sole intention  of sitting back and watching??..
(

1. Thats the whole point. I'm saying this in hindsight., bugger you're an idiot.
2. Who said the AFP divers didn't get wet, I was simply saying that based on what they did do , they werent needed.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #20 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:20am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
do you have a link?

or is this just made up Fake News?  Roll Eyes

Two things.

1. As I had stated this was a personal communication to me
2. Since this is from you, the statement, do you have a link fills me with much mirth. You start posting links to the incredible depths of BS you post on here, maybe I will too.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:29am

Now hold on Cods.

Sometimes we are led to believe otherwise thanks to the Media. The Media sometimes acts as blatantly a liar to us as like an early 1950's USSR Propaganda leaflet - they think we are that stupid.

Even I can say, as I've dived with a few and of what I know of it (especially via a gorgeous woman and one of Australia's greatest Cave Divers: Agnes Milowka) - that Australia's Privateer (or Non-Government) Cave Diving Scene is far ahead of the AFP scene. They (AFP) have 'experience' - but not 'real' progressive experience.

It's not the first time the Australian Government hasn't let the 'Pros' in, because they're not under the Govt wing.

I mean lets face it. When it comes to 'Rescue' situations - Australia's 'Services' should be getting paid more than the Military ...because they are far far busier than the Military here (who only works like a sub-contractor 'Mercenary' for other Nations).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #22 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:35am

Jasin wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:29am:
Now hold on Cods.

Sometimes we are led to believe otherwise thanks to the Media. The Media sometimes acts as blatantly a liar to us as like an early 1950's USSR Propaganda leaflet - they think we are that stupid.

Even I can say, as I've dived with a few and of what I know of it (especially via a gorgeous woman and one of Australia's greatest Cave Divers: Agnes Milowka) - that Australia's Privateer (or Non-Government) Cave Diving Scene is far ahead of the AFP scene. They (AFP) have 'experience' - but not 'real' progressive experience.

I never met Agnes. Lots of my cave diving buddies have. Was very sad.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:43am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:35am:
Jasin wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 9:29am:
Now hold on Cods.

I never met Agnes. Lots of my cave diving buddies have. Was very sad.

Yeah - I was conversing over the net with her a week before. Considering 'what' we were talking about. It was a real shock to my system. It took me a long time to get back on to the internet after that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print