Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
John Bolton declares ICC "dead to" America! (Read 4833 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: John Bolton declares ICC "dead to" America!
Reply #60 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:35am

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:31am:
aquascoot wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:40am:
the UN.

compassion masking uselessness.

i doubt they could design a good christmas card.

mother nature does not send a rabbit from each forrest to sit on a committee to set forth the laws under which the lions shall operate.

it is unnatural and that which goes against nature usually disappears fairly quickly as we live in a darwinian reality.

99.5 % of all species are extinct.
i would imagine 99.5 % of all ideas become extinct.

unless they are based in deep mythological pre suppositions.

the UN, for example , will probably not outlast the bible, the dao or the koran.
it is based on wish fulfilment and new age fantasy.  its a bit creative but anyone with any spine can just push it aside

You really do want to do away with any sort of diplomacy or equality in the world and regress back to a survival of the fittest type society and culture don't you...

You had better be the strongest, fittest and best fighter, armed to the teeth should we ever get to your utopia because the intellect you've displayed here will see you outsmarted and losing the battle in a snap.

its not survival of the fittest.

if the leader is a tyrant then 3 or 4 subordinates who are 75 % as powerful can combine to take him out.
a good leader will therefore form alliances and care for those under his care.

but a good leader still has to lead and be the one who charges TOWARDS the danger and runs INTO the burning house.

a good leader cant be a harmless virtue signalling rabbit in a blue helmet who runs away when there is trouble (as the UN did in bosnia for example)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:45pm

The Us pays for almost a quarter of the UN's budget. The general Assembly has been completely hijacked by third worlders that contribute the least to the UN.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #62 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:00pm

So, the world should just do what Washington tells them to do, Soren?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The US may contribute the most but guess who makes it do that?  It isn't the Third World nor is it the UN.  The US puts money into the begging bowl when it comes past but no one forces them to.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 9:20pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:17am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:06am:
If the UN isn't working for the US, perhaps the problem is the US wants something that no one else wants.   Make the UN do what you want it to do by persuasion, not by abandonment.    Roll Eyes

But that's not the Trump way.

You don't do what he wants and he'll fire you or have a hissy fit, collect all his toys and go home.

I think that's what the Mechanic means by his policies.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print