Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
John Bolton declares ICC "dead to" America! (Read 4831 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: John Bolton declares ICC "dead to" America!
Reply #45 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 7:01am

I think you should heed your own advice there Rich...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:30pm

Richdude wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 1:33am:
The UN has always been owned - its a toy of the oligarchs to subtly implement their policies while appearing as a democratic organisation.

Which UN you talking about?

The Security Council?
The General Assembly?
The Secretariat?
The Ancillary organisatons?

Four very different groups, all with very different objectives and very different viewpoints.  None are "democratic" except how they arrive at decisions - not in who gets appointed to them and what powers the individual members have.

Appears to me that you don't know very much about how the UN was created or organised.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #47 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
The UN has always been owned - its a toy of the oligarchs to subtly implement their policies while appearing as a democratic organisation.

The Security Council?
The General Assembly?
The Secretariat?

Four very different groups, all with very different objectives and very different viewpoints.  None are "democratic" except how they arrive at decisions - not in who gets appointed to them and what powers the individual members have.

Appears to me that you don't know very much about how the UN was created or organised.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Tsk, tsk...

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #48 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:46pm

Looks like just more Trump supporters applauding his actions without understanding what he's actually doing or what it means.

Just blind devotion.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:57pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:46pm:

Looks like just more Trump supporters applauding his actions without understanding what he's actually doing or what it means.

Just blind devotion.

Sad, innit?  Sad that it will all come crumbling down when he is either removed from office, kicking and screaming and locked up in a padded cell or he loses the next election which is highly likely.   Not only will Americans suffer 'cause of his stupidity, so will the rest of the world.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:58pm

Panther wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 3:25pm:

The Security Council?
The General Assembly?
The Secretariat?

https://imgur.com/RImXFwK.jpg
Tsk, tsk...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Why we hate you and laugh at you, Bwian.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:46pm

Frank wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Why we hate you and laugh at you, Bwian.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #53 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:46pm

The Security Council?
The General Assembly?
The Secretariat?

Tsk, tsk...

I used to be a believer like you. Now its become more like another level of arbitrary gov.

How many agreements has Australia signed? Did Australians get a say in those agreements? No! I noticed when I was in Oz, your local gov proudly spouts Agenda 21 as part of its charter.

Tackling "climate change" is a hot topic in Oz - part of Agenda 21. The answer? Tax it LOL! We'll tax climate change out of existence!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:54pm by Richdude »  

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #54 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:13pm

Richdude wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:46pm:

The Security Council?
The General Assembly?
The Secretariat?

Tsk, tsk...

I used to be a believer like you. Now its become more like another level of arbitrary gov.

How many agreements has Australia signed? Did Australians get a say in those agreements? No! I noticed when I was in Oz, your local gov proudly spouts Agenda 21 as part of its charter.

Tackling "climate change" is a hot topic in Oz - part of Agenda 21. The answer? Tax it LOL! We'll tax climate change out of existence!  Grin Grin Grin

It's not like a carbon tax is widely accepted as the best way to lower emissions and was working when it was policy...

Still waiting for my $550...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:06am

Richdude wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:46pm:

The UN is what it's member states make it, nothing more, nothing less.  The US has by and large given up on the UN because it only pays attention to the Security Council.  The General Assembly gets ignored - why?  'Cause the US doesn't control it.   It has a veto in the Security Council - which it has used more often than any of the other permanent members BTW.

The UN was created to ease world tensions.  It has, by and large worked well.  It has provided a fig leaf of legal convenience for the superpowers when they wanted to intervene in other nations and to condemn one another when they disagree with it.   It has stopped world wars from reoccurring.

Quote:

Australia is a member state.  Our National Government has had as much say in the creation, indeed perhaps even more than most, in the creation of world agreements and conventions which it has signed and ratified.  Agenda 21 is a non-binding action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development.  Note that, "non-binding".   You sign on if you want, you sign out if you want.   Why are you so frightened of a non-binding plan?   Some local Governments have signed on, some haven't.  It is their choice - ratified by the rate payers.

Quote:

So, taxing something to make it more expensive doesn't work for you?   I thought you like the idea of market driven economics.  Using taxation to drive the market is not as silly as you appear to believe.   It is one way of making sure that something which is undesirable remains undesirable.   What would your alternative be?   Have people stand in a circle and sing?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

If the UN isn't working for the US, perhaps the problem is the US wants something that no one else wants.   Make the UN do what you want it to do by persuasion, not by abandonment.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #56 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:17am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 12:06am:
If the UN isn't working for the US, perhaps the problem is the US wants something that no one else wants.   Make the UN do what you want it to do by persuasion, not by abandonment.    Roll Eyes

But that's not the Trump way.

You don't do what he wants and he'll fire you or have a hissy fit, collect all his toys and go home.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #57 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:29am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 18th, 2018 at 6:02pm:
America want to be able to commit torture and war crimes with impunity and no repercussions....The Yanks believe only other countries (accept Israel) should be held to account for  indiscriminate killing and provoking illegal wars....The Yanks are an evil empire who cause most of the worlds problems....F@#k Donald Trump and his supporters!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You need to sack your news sources cause you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about.

The average American are not hawks and certainly the President is not. Despite what you hear.

The President does have undesirables who are puppets for the PTB - eg Bolton a neo-con who helped push for Americas invasion of the ME. Bolton follows the script of the PNAC report.

The land on which the UN building sits on was formerly an abattoir owned and given to the UN by none other David Rockefeller. 

Nothing to do with the UN dickhead....America invaded Iraq without the sanction of the UN which was based on lies and has created instability in the region....The Yanks are war criminals and refuse to accept the standards they impose on others....You are typical of the Nationalist Yank dickhead who excuses everything America does and ignores the crimes it has committed in the world....You have no idea!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:40am

the UN.

compassion masking uselessness.

i doubt they could design a good christmas card.

mother nature does not send a rabbit from each forrest to sit on a committee to set forth the laws under which the lions shall operate.

it is unnatural and that which goes against nature usually disappears fairly quickly as we live in a darwinian reality.

99.5 % of all species are extinct.
i would imagine 99.5 % of all ideas become extinct.

unless they are based in deep mythological pre suppositions.

the UN, for example , will probably not outlast the bible, the dao or the koran.
it is based on wish fulfilment and new age fantasy.  its a bit creative but anyone with any spine can just push it aside

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #59 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 8:31am

aquascoot wrote on Sep 20th, 2018 at 7:40am:
the UN.

compassion masking uselessness.

i doubt they could design a good christmas card.

mother nature does not send a rabbit from each forrest to sit on a committee to set forth the laws under which the lions shall operate.

it is unnatural and that which goes against nature usually disappears fairly quickly as we live in a darwinian reality.

99.5 % of all species are extinct.
i would imagine 99.5 % of all ideas become extinct.

unless they are based in deep mythological pre suppositions.

the UN, for example , will probably not outlast the bible, the dao or the koran.
it is based on wish fulfilment and new age fantasy.  its a bit creative but anyone with any spine can just push it aside

You really do want to do away with any sort of diplomacy or equality in the world and regress back to a survival of the fittest type society and culture don't you...

You had better be the strongest, fittest and best fighter, armed to the teeth should we ever get to your utopia because the intellect you've displayed here will see you outsmarted and losing the battle in a snap.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print