Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print
So Now Mark Knight is Racist?... ffs.. (Read 10308 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: So Now Mark Knight is Racist?... ffs..
Reply #210 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:31pm

Quote:
Easy.  You never presented the evidence when asked for it.

Yes I did. I provided those quotes of Gandalf specifically in response to you denying he said it and demanding I provide evidence. You refused to read them, but continued denying he said it.

Quote:
Effendi, it is fact that here at OzPol many take the position that all violence is the work of Islam.

A) This is not just wrong. It is stupid.

B) Your response to this is a defence of Islam. You do not even know what you yourself are doing.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #211 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:33pm

freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
And you are wrong that only racists believe in race. You do too. That is how you were able to decide that Serena belongs to a particular group of people, whose only commonality is race

false logic FD. The commonality of Serena's "group" is that she is African American. That is not, and need not be, a race. African Americans obviously have distinctive physical and cultural identifiers that need not have anything to do with what you term "race".

Quote:
You not only believe in race, you are racist. The different standards you apply, based on race, without any other racist having to explain to you what racial group she belongs to, make race real.

Grin only I'm not applying standards "based on race" - as explained above. Again, I can identify physical and/or cultural markers that lead to racism, without having to believe in "race".

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #212 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:41pm

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 12:31pm:
Quote:
Easy.  You never presented the evidence when asked for it.

Yes I did. I provided those quotes of Gandalf specifically in response to you denying he said it and demanding I provide evidence. You refused to read them, but continued denying he said it.

Yes.....you did quote posts in which he used the term...but that did not establish which of you first used the term. 

Quote:
Effendi, it is fact that here at OzPol many take the position that all violence is the work of Islam.

Quote:
A) This is not just wrong. It is stupid.

B) Your response to this is a defence of Islam. You do not even know what you yourself are doing.

It is not wrong.  I give you Valkie and Mechanic as two obvious examples.  If there is violence or an act which might be thought to be terrorism, they will immediately introduce Muslim/Islam.  In the case of Gordon, he uses the expression I have adopted to mock his position ~ 'I wonder which Mosque he goes to."

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Why don't Muslim leaders come out in universal condemnation at the atrocities on a daily basis on innocent people in peaceful countries, the same countries that take them in, the silence is deafening.
These leaders (BS artists) are just adding to the atrocities by their inactions as the brainwashing continues.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #214 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:45pm

Someone should invent a new term similar to 'Godwin's Law' that describes the inevitability of any discussion on criticism of speech becoming an Islam-bashing exercise.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 4:00pm

It seems that freedom of speech should not include Islam.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #216 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 4:10pm

Hey Grand Mufti Alf, can you answer my question in the post above?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #217 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 6:31pm

Frank wrote on Sep 16th, 2018 at 10:21pm:
So C4hristianity - your own culture in so far as you partake in Western civilisation - is a pox but gandalf's Islam that is trying to destroy your culture is some quest for personal fulfilment.

All cultures are not equal nor are all religions. That fact I think all religion is a pox does not mean that Christianity and Islam are equal. I think it's obvious which is more of a pox.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #218 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
And you are wrong that only racists believe in race. You do too. That is how you were able to decide that Serena belongs to a particular group of people, whose only commonality is race

false logic FD. The commonality of Serena's "group" is that she is African American. That is not, and need not be, a race. African Americans obviously have distinctive physical and cultural identifiers that need not have anything to do with what you term "race".

What do YOU call those " obviously have distinctive physical and cultural identifiers" if not Africa.  And what is 'African' if not a race? Or were Mandela and P.W Botha equally 'Africans?

Are you now competing with Bwian for chief stupid?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #219 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Quote:
You not only believe in race, you are racist. The different standards you apply, based on race, without any other racist having to explain to you what racial group she belongs to, make race real.

Grin only I'm not applying standards "based on race" - as explained above. Again, I can identify physical and/or cultural markers that lead to racism, without having to believe in "race".

Ah, so you are not racist, you just think a different standard should be applied to African Americans compared to say, white people? Which is nothing to do with race, unless someone (eg, a cartoonist) tries to apply the same standard to black people and white, in which case it is racism?

And races don't exist, but you can still be racist by being mean to Muslims?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #220 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:17pm

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm:

Quote:

Ah, so you are not racist, you just think a different standard should be applied to African Americans compared to say, white people? Which is nothing to do with race, unless someone (eg, a cartoonist) tries to apply the same standard to black people and white, in which case it is racism?

Waces don't exist, only wacists.  Islam is a religion of peace. Dhimmitue is liberation. Defacing women is for their own good. Islam is the most feminist weligion. Jihad is spiwitual.
Newspeak lives.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #221 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:08am

Frank wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:09pm:

What do YOU call those " obviously have distinctive physical and cultural identifiers" if not Africa.  And what is 'African' if not a race? Or were Mandela and P.W Botha equally 'Africans?

Are you now competing with Bwian for chief stupid?

So what "race" is Serena then Frank? Is she "African" or is she "negro" or is she "African American"? Is she from the same or different "race" to people with the same coloured skin living in the Nigerian Delta? At what point do you concede that what you consider a "race" could actually just as legitimately be a collection of many different "races"? How on earth do you define the term?

Its absurd in its arbitrariness. The notion of race that was concocted by white supremacists in the 18th an 19th century to reinforce their warped Darwinian idea of human hierarchy (which surprise surprise had the white/European "race" at the top) - is an anachronism, and frankly a complete insult to modern civilized society. For me it reached peak absurdity when FD boldly declared there to be one particular race called "the Asian one".

Quote:
And what is 'African' if not a race?

So do you honestly believe "African" is one big monolithic 'race'? Let me guess, you arrive at that by excluding everyone who doesn't fit some completely random physical criteria like black skin and frizzy hair - right? And you're clearly not concerned by any cultural criteria. What about blacks in places like Sudan or Southern Egypt who are unmistakably linguistically and culturally arab? Are you now forced into the farcical position of having to argue that some Africans are not actually "African"?

What were you saying again about chief stupid?

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #222 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:37am

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:09pm:

Quote:

race exists in the mind of the racist. That is enough to legitimacy say that 'racism' is a real thing. Not sure how many times I'll have to repeat this before it finally sinks in.

And "being mean" to muslims is not itself racist. Saying "racist" things like all muslims are lazy, or all muslims are retarded due to inbreeding is.

Quote:

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #223 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:39am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 3:45pm:
Someone should invent a new term similar to 'Godwin's Law' that describes the inevitability of any discussion on criticism of speech becoming an Islam-bashing exercise.

'Effendi's Law'

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #224 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:43am

Frank wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
Defacing women is for their own good.

Oh look, Frank once again cynically goes for the 'women's lib' moral card - hoping that no one notices that the quote in my sig proves him to be a complete hypocrite on this matter.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print