Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Qantas... (Read 886 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Qantas...
Sep 11th, 2018 at 7:51am

if not saying that this is true but it wouldn't surprise me with this little runt...  Angry

Quote:
Keep this in mind when QANTAS goes the same way as Ansett and TAA.

Remember the 'Love Is Love' this individual was pushing through QANTAS during the 'postal survey'.

I have personally spoken to a QANTAS pilot, and have heard of what is happening first hand.

QANTAS is being stripped internally here in Australia, and services increasing being based offshore to the detriment of Aussie workers.

Increasingly pilots are NOT employed by QANTAS, but by subsidiaries and under contract.

Both in Australia and over the ditch, pilots are under contract both on QANTAS flights and subsidiary flights.

These foreign pilots are under trained, and paid a fraction of what an Aussie trained pilot can command.

Aussie pilots have left in droves to work for other airlines willing to pay for their experience. Alan Joyce is trading safety for his remuneration package.

Emirates will be the massive winner in the long term when QANTAS closes the doors. QANTAS and Air New Zealand (And associated companies) will end up under the Emirates banner.

Alan Joyce, Australia welcomes you to bugger off back to Ireland with your choice of partner, and stop knackering our country.

qantas13.jpg (56 KB | 17 )
qantas13.jpg

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Qantas...
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:03am

this is another example of the breakdown of the noble capitalist system.

joyce likes to virtue signal about all the leftist issues.

he paints aircraft in aboriginal artwork
he says qantas is openly supportive of the trendy gender fluid issues
he asks staff to not use the terms "mister" or "missus" for fear of offence .

yet this virtue signalling is a mask.

its all a mask to get the lefties on side whilst he rips off aussie workers and exploits cheap asian labor.

the virtue signalling from big corporations is usually a ploy to distract the leftist media.

the ABC wont go after him.
as a hero of leftist ideas, he has immunity.
another example of the hypocricy of the leftie urban intellectual

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:11am

Vote with your wallet.
Virgin staff are very well looked after... and a pleasure to deal with.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 10:22am

qantas hosties are rude anyway

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 11:30am

Probably because they are thelowest paid....and know the inevitable.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 12:23pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Hey Mechanic. How about providing a link to your source for the OP quote? It's just common courtesy and isn't too difficult even for you.

Alan Joyce is behaving no differently to any other CEO. So why is he under attach from the rabid Right?
Reading between the lines it's due to his support for the yes vote in the SSM survey.
Which is kind of ironic because the only reason we had that waste of time and money was because the conservative losers chucked a hissy fit and didn't want to accept the will of the people.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:38pm

I think this fascination with CEO salaries is just tall poppy syndrome. A well paid CEO is not draining money from employees, but shareholders. The people who decide the CEO's salary are the same people who fork out the money to pay for it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:00am

freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
I think this fascination with CEO salaries is just tall poppy syndrome. A well paid CEO is not draining money from employees, but shareholders. The people who decide the CEO's salary are the same people who fork out the money to pay for it.

Why does anyone need that much money for being head clerk and running a few meetings?  It's not as if they actually do much or make grand decisions all on their own.....

The Fuhrerprinzip doesn't really work, you know... people like this jerk are merely the sum of their workers.... and in Joyce's case the majority of the decisions for change had already been made - anybody can make a profit after a couple of years of re-tooling, once the furore has died down and it's all just operations again.

As for chopping staff and offshoring work - those are chicken feed and just petty grabbing for a few dollars to make it look good, and bring with them the problems of lowering standards to the Third World out there.

This is Australia, son - we work on the principle that looking after your people means a better result over the long term, not some flashy mardi gras style of management that looks good for five minutes.

“Organisation doesn’t really accomplish anything.  Plans don’t accomplish anything, either.  Theories of management don’t much matter.  Endeavours succeed or fail because of the people involved.  Only by attracting the best people will you accomplish great deeds.”

- Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State.

Replacing the best pilots with third worlders is hardly a good start.. ya reckon?  Offshoring to the third world the mechanical stuff is hardly inspiring to passengers, eh?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 12:46pm

Quote:
Why does anyone need that much money

None of us "need" the money we earn. But if you want to fly around the world at an affordable price on planes that don't routinely fall out of the sky, let the airlines run as a business rather than a charity.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 1:13pm

freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 9:38pm:

Grin Grin More rabid capitalist tripe FD.

Who makes the decisions to attack/reduce workers pay & conditions?

Who makes the decisions to cut staff by thousands ... then offshore the jobs?

Who's salary then increases at their expense?

Why do company share prices rise whenever they announce massive staff reductions?

Everything the CEO & executives do, everything the board OKs affects the employees .....

and usually in the hip pocket or losing their job.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Quote:
Why do company share prices rise whenever they announce massive staff reductions?

Because they usually leave it too late.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print