Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More examples rabid greed. (Read 1019 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

More examples rabid greed.
Sep 8th, 2018 at 10:56am

Here's a video from Dick Smith regarding the racket/theft of money from Australian businesses by the filthy rich.

It involves us all being sucked into the illusion that we are getting something cheaper when we use these  "price comparison" companies when booking accommodation.

Not only do we consumers get nothing cheaper but the australian businesses get forced into paying up to 30% from their rates ......

& millions of dollars are being taken out of these businesses  & out of the country without paying tax by a couple of Yank multinationals virtually for nothing.

Like having to pay protection money to organised crime.

So next time you go to ring Trivago, Wotif, Hotels Combined or Bookings. com etc.....

think again ..... you're not getting anything cheaper & our businesses are being extorted .....

with approval of the ACCC.  Shocked Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: More examples rabid greed.
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 2:24pm

what a ******* disgrace...  Angry

I was having a really good day gnads and now I fell like punching someone square in the face....  Angry

like Greggy...  Grin

anyways...

I found that these companies were no cheaper than the actual Motel/Hotel themselves if you went directly to their sites last year while travelling interstate to a funeral...

they were handy to find motels in a certain location all at once... then I'd go directly to the Motel Website to get their number to book in which saves them having to pay a commission.. .

but what I didnt know was that the commission was going overseas and no tax paid...

gessus that pisses me off...  Angry

the ordinary guy/gal in the workforce pays every single cent of tax... they get screwed like no one else...

and yet our governments are allowing Multinationals get away with paying no tax on Billions of Dollars pouring out of this country!!!

why??

are they stupid?

are they corrupt?

both?

and this is why Donald J Trump won the last election in the US... people got sick of stupid corrupt politicians that were selling them down the drain....

fair dinkum...  Angry

oh.. and guess what else I just found out..

I had some money in our holiday account of around 10K right...

and U bank paid some interest... $6.50 for the month or there about...

and I thought... strewth... why bother saving..  Roll Eyes .... right?

but then I saw....

another $5 approx was being withheld by the bank to pay it as TAX come the end of the year...

like WTF????  Angry

so the bank wont even give me my interest... or anyone else's..

they are keeping it and reinvesting it and making money ON YOUR MONEY that should be put into that account...

******* arseholes...  Angry
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2018 at 2:30pm by President Elect, The Mechanic »  

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 2:53pm

I love Bookings.com for searching for accommodation, then I book directly with the business  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:02pm

I don't know why anybody would not ring the hotel/motel directly. If people are that stupid then they deserve to be fleeced.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:18pm

These sites are good for finding multiple hotels (with reviews) within a certain radius of where you want to go.

What you then do with that info is up to you.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:24pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
These sites are good for finding multiple hotels (with reviews) within a certain radius of where you want to go.

Actually, a find a lot of the time the direct fee is the same as thru bookings, so I guess they extract a cut from them. If it's a small owner operated place I go direct and when I call I make a point of saying I found it thru bookings and is OK to book directly with you?

They tend to sound pleased so I'm guessing 10%?

IBI

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:48pm

I also call them direct and say where I found them, ie which site, in the hope they will give me a discount without them having to pay a commission  Grin

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:48pm:
I also call them direct and say where I found them, ie which site, in the hope they will give me a discount without them having to pay a commission  Grin

its always worth a try... Wink

but these days I think... I don't mind if they get all the money... most of them never look rich and just battlers like us....

but I just remember that if I want them to be there next time I go.... I don't mind paying them...

people who tend to underpay themselves usually go out of business...

I go to this quiet cafe a bit out of town... one weekend we spent $24 for coffee's, toast and eggs on toast...

next weekend same again, accept I had bacon on my eggs as well... $24  Huh

so I said.. .hang on... it was $24 last week so it should be more...

and she's like - nah thats ok... you lit the fire etc... so im telling her... don't under charge... we want to see you still open this time next year and the year after that...

beats Macca's hands down with their fake food, people yelling non stop.. .beepers going off non stop... and street rats hanging around swearing...

**** that....

I'll pay the extra thanks..

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 4:32pm

Small business is different though and I would always gladly pay to support them too but where hotels are concerned and pay huge commissions to get bookings from a communal website it's a different story imo.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 4:34pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 3:48pm:

its always worth a try... Wink

but these days I think... I don't mind if they get all the money... most of them never look rich and just battlers like us....

but I just remember that if I want them to be there next time I go.... I don't mind paying them...

people who tend to underpay themselves usually go out of business...

I go to this quiet cafe a bit out of town... one weekend we spent $24 for coffee's, toast and eggs on toast...

next weekend same again, accept I had bacon on my eggs as well... $24  Huh

so I said.. .hang on... it was $24 last week so it should be more...

and she's like - nah thats ok... you lit the fire etc... so im telling her... don't under charge... we want to see you still open this time next year and the year after that...

beats Macca's hands down with their fake food, people yelling non stop.. .beepers going off non stop... and street rats hanging around swearing...

**** that....

I'll pay the extra thanks..

Yeah I'm not looking for a discount, just to be looked after as I've looked after them by saving them $20 or 30. When you turn up they always seem extra friendly, and they're likely to bump you to a better room if available.

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:51am

Yes  .... even though you may do that ... & Gordon & Hammer ...

those businesses are still getting slugged fees ....

that part is something that we can't address but the powers that be could.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 1:53pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:51am:

Yes  .... even though you may do that ... & Gordon & Hammer ...

those businesses are still getting slugged fees ....

that part is something that we can't address but the powers that be could.

The powers-that-be don't have the balls or the brains.... they have vested interests instead.

No politician can seriously think that privatisation has been and will be a good thing - yet they persist in it.... they don't care about the common person.... the one that pays tax.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:28pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print