Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
bugger it I am over (Read 4462 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

bugger it I am over
Sep 5th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Whiskas cat food.....they have changed the bloody recipe again... and both my cats  are turning their tails up at it....I hate it when these companies do this...... they do eventually eat it but only after they have pestered me and followed me around for days....why didnt I start them on generic from day one....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: bugger it I am over
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 7:43pm

Give them gravy beef - cats love that.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:13pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 7:01pm:
Whiskas cat food.....they have changed the bloody recipe again... and both my cats  are turning their tails up at it....I hate it when these companies do this...... they do eventually eat it but only after they have pestered me and followed me around for days....why didnt I start them on generic from day one....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maybe slowly introduce it to them mixed in with their regular food cods until they are completely changed over- mine are the same an dtheor is no accouting for taste fresh beef mince is not god enough for them and same with chicken- one  day they will scoff their food down and next- give me a dirty look- cats!!!!!  I donar acre now- eat it or go hungry- I just leave thero biscuits ther until they eat it- they do eventually

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm

I only feed my dog fresh meat. Dry pet food is nasty.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm

Jaybuz!

Quote:
maybe slowly introduce it to them mixed in with their regular food cods until they are completely changed over- mine are the same an dtheor is no accouting for taste fresh beef mince is not god enough for them and same with chicken- one  day they will scoff their food down and next- give me a dirty look- cats!!!!!  I donar acre now- eat it or go hungry- I just leave thero biscuits ther until they eat it- they do eventually

Gawd.

Shocked

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 5:37am

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
Jaybuz!

Quote:

Gawd.

Shocked

Maybe she was feline tyred Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:37am

Gordon wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm:

thats not good either gordy   from what I know.....they need the pet food to get a bit of everything.....and the dry food helps their indigestion......    what annoys me is the way the pet food folks change things....bring out something new by all means.. but leave what works alone.....

whiskas would have to be the top seller in cat food....

why mess with it?...

my cats get fed in doors  so I dont like leaving it sitting there  for too long....grrrrrr......I buy the cheapest priced tuna tins  for humans... usually ALDI or black and gold....a large tin lasts  as much as 3 days......thats their treat.....but as you know the dry food is out all day......greedy pair.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:28am

cods wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:37am:

thats not good either gordy   from what I know.....they need the pet food to get a bit of everything.....and the dry food helps their indigestion......    what annoys me is the way the pet food folks change things....bring out something new by all means.. but leave what works alone.....

why mess with it?...

my cats get fed in doors  so I dont like leaving it sitting there  for too long....grrrrrr......I buy the cheapest priced tuna tins  for humans... usually ALDI or black and gold....a large tin lasts  as much as 3 days......thats their treat.....but as you know the dry food is out all day......greedy pair.

It depends on what quality 'dry food' you give them. I feed my dogs expensive good quality grain free food. You can get similar for cats........most good quality dry food has been researched with content analysed in state of the art laboratories and is recommended by veterinarians.........

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:30am

Fuzzball wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:28am:

why mess with it?...

It depends on what quality 'dry food' you give them. I feed my dogs expensive good quality grain free food. You can get similar for cats........most good quality dry food has been researched with content analysed in state of the art laboratories and is recommended by veterinarians.........

Indeed, and it depends on the animal as well. My cat only eats dry food, so I get the good stuff in order to help his nutrition.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 4:30pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 5:37am:
Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:17pm:
Jaybuz!

Quote:

Gawd.

Shocked

Maybe she was feline tyred Cheesy

true but aussie is just a troll and has nothing to add but a troll comment- my daughter gives her cat the best quality dry food but my cats wont eat it-
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:58pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 7:39am

Fuzzball wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:28am:

why mess with it?...

ok does that mean I have to read the cat food labels as wellllllllllllllllllllllllll....................ugh!

I often see people in the pet food aisle  just staring at the shelves.. eyes clouded over.....I know exactly what they are thinking.....I am beginning to dread that aisle.. Cry

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 7:58am

It's of course up to you how you 'look after' your animals, but you won't get Premium dry or wet food from a supermarket. You can order it on line or visit a store which sells specifically for animals. If you also ask your Vet, he/she should be able to recommend or in fact sell you quality food.

You shouldn't have a problem if you can read, and know the health requirements of your animal.......if you care?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:08am

[quote author=Fireball link=1536138080/11#11 date=1536271097]It's of course up to you how you 'look after' your animals, but you won't get Premium dry or wet food from a supermarket. You can order it on line or visit a store which sells specifically for animals. If you also ask your Vet, he/she should be able to recommend or in fact sell you quality food.

You shouldn't have a problem if you can read, and know the health requirements of your animal.......if you care?[/quote]

why do you think I spend my time in the cat food aisle with glazed eyes???????????????........

my cats give me hell if they dont like what I buy... Cry Cry... they have ways and means of telling me they are unhappy with moi............and none of its good.. I can tell you..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:26pm

is there a safe place where a righty can talk about politics or dare I say it  the STATE OF THE NATION

without being drilled and grilled by the left mafia.who seem to have taken over ozpol?..

they come out in force.. over the slightest thing...its like being on the stand during and Inquisition  where if you dared to have a separate thought to the Grand Inquisitor.. you were hung out to dry....

I am exhausted... talk about dead if you do and dead if you dont.....where can we righties get away from them?.....theres only one or two you can have a reasonable discussion with..

ok this isnt about animals I get that....I am hoping lefties dont haunt this place... Sad

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:31pm

A number of years ago now I was giving my dog treats from Wollworths which he liked.

They discontinued the line and went to a generic own brand. My dog hated it.

Coles still sell a dog treat vary similar to the one the dog likes, they get the business plus a basket of other stuff X 5 years.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print