Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
a Question for ozpol admin.. (Read 3079 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

a Question for ozpol admin..
Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:34am

it has been mentioned elsewhere   that if a member asks for their membership to be deleted from ozpol.. 

that fd has the right to refuse to do so...

Quote:
Try telling FD to delete your account here.  Many have and he is right to ignore the demand.

is this correct   that once you register..

you are there for life..... Angry

if we are at the mercy of the owner of the site..[?]

should this not be explained in the declaration you agree to when you sign up?....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: a Question for ozpol admin..
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:10pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:34am:
it has been mentioned elsewhere   that if a member asks for their membership to be deleted from ozpol.. 

Quote:
Try telling FD to delete your account here.  Many have and he is right to ignore the demand.

should this not be explained in the declaration you agree to when you sign up?....

It should cods and I know of the two of which you speak- they have already overstepped the boundaries as per their rights as admin- they would never assume to invade my privacy the way they invaded yours via email- a simple reasonable request such as you have asked of them should be complied with- I dont belive you are in any danger however- but thats not the point- you should have rights ad btw what can they glean from just your email address- well maybe nothing- maybe- but have they? because some ppl use their real names in their email address just not thinking when they create it-
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:33pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:53pm

I deleted a few accounts in the early days. Every single one of them came back and asked for it to be reinstated. They were just having a bit of a hissy fit, which they quickly got over. Unfortunately it is not possible to reinstate them.

The only reason people have for asking for it to be deleted is lack of self control. My time is worth more than that.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:00pm

Just get yourself a PB?

IBI

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:35pm

Easiest thing to do would be for freediver to turn the option back on so members can delete their own accounts if they want to. It was in your Profile if I remember correctly.

I know the option is there because it was briefly available a few years back (might have turned itself back on after a forum upgrade?) but it was turned back off again.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:42pm

Carl D wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
Easiest thing to do would be for freediver to turn the option back on so members can delete their own accounts if they want to. It was in your Profile if I remember correctly.

I know the option is there because it was briefly available a few years back (might have turned itself back on after a forum upgrade?) but it was turned back off again.

excellent idea Carl D-

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:29pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
I deleted a few accounts in the early days. Every single one of them came back and asked for it to be reinstated. They were just having a bit of a hissy fit, which they quickly got over. Unfortunately it is not possible to reinstate them.

The only reason people have for asking for it to be deleted is lack of self control. My time is worth more than that.

thank you for that feedback... maybe if someone wishes to be removed... they could get an ARE YOU SURE...notice like you do when you exit something.....

what about in a case where it hasnt been used for years???.....I understand you have better things to do fd... but in my case you also have my real name...living where I do I would not be that hard to track down...

I know I am not in any danger......but what if you sold this site????.......

shouldnt it be my wishes that matter?....if I stuff up   too bad....its my stuff up..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Cods.....get a new email address like aaabbbccc@outlook.com.  Then go to your profile here and change the current email address to the new one.  Problem solved.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:42pm

why do I have to rem ain a member of a website  I no longer wish to be a member of....

this is the point I am making....

if I wish to be a member of monks site with a new name  I will decide that  not you or monk..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:50pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:42pm:
why do I have to rem ain a member of a website  I no longer wish to be a member of....

if I wish to be a member of monks site with a new name  I will decide that  not you or monk..

Technically.......incorrect.  All new Member registrants are manually approved at Monk's joint......unlike here where any idiot pest can register and they have.....automatic Membership.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:50pm:

Technically.......incorrect.  All new Member registrants are manually approved at Monk's joint......unlike here where any idiot pest can register and they have.....automatic Membership.

did cods register at Monks using her real name in her email adress- be careful I know the answer to this question answered by Monk

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:02pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm:

did cods register at Monks using her real name in her email adress- be careful I know the answer to this question answered by Monk

I have no need to be careful Agnes.  I will be truthful, as always.  I have not met cods and viewed any ID like a driver's licence with a photo, or a passport....so I can't say for sure.  It may be her real name, I cannot say for certain.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:12pm

what does that mean?????.....is my name chiseled in stone or something..

if fd says he has deleted   then so can monk....

the fact someone wants to be reinstated is tough....

but the point is FD CAN AND DID....

my name should not matter....

the point is I no longer wish to be associated with monks site.....

surely I should have some control over that?..

isnt that the same  as monk not allowing someone to join???>... doesnt he have that RIGHT?...

well where are my rights?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:15pm

Just like FD has total and absolute control here ~ Monk does at his place.  In fact, Monk spells that out in some detail.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:32pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
Just like FD has total and absolute control here ~ Monk does at his place.  In fact, Monk spells that out in some detail.

when I read the original list I didnt see any of that.....

where are my rights aussie....   you would have an answer to that if my name was greg.....

you are more or less saying joining  a website you sign your name away.  what about skype or facebook....can I never be deleted from those places????????????????..........

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #15 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:41pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:32pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:15pm:

when I read the original list I didnt see any of that.....

where are my rights aussie....   you would have an answer to that if my name was greg.....

you are more or less saying joining  a website you sign your name away.  what about skype or facebook....can I never be deleted from those places????????????????..........

I am not sure.  I think you can delete yourself from FaceBook.....but I really don't know.

Cods....wherever you provide an email address, (even a phone number) the organisation you provided it to can and in many cases does flog that off to marketting people, which is often why you get annoying traders contacting you flogging their product.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:44pm

ok this is going nowhere....maybe some laws will some in that will protect people like me....from doing dumbarse things..like joining forums.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 5:40pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Cods.....get a new email address like aaabbbccc@outlook.com.  Then go to your profile here and change the current email address to the new one.  Problem solved.
yes for once Aussie is onto something- just change it in your profile- all you have to do is know your password which you surely do if you log on every day- or get someone to do it for you- done!

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 5:46pm

I don't know about Australia (and I can't be bothered looking) but I know that in some parts of the world privacy laws require forum operators and other places where people have online accounts to allow members to delete their accounts if they wish to.

And, I mean members need to have the option to delete the accounts themselves, not ask an Administrator or other authorized person to do it for them.

France is one such place (might also include most of Europe with their new privacy laws these days) that I know of. The free forum software Forumotion is located in France and they have stated on many occasions (when forum Admins have asked them how to stop people deleting their accounts) that they legally have to provide the option for members of their forums to delete their own accounts if they wish to.

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:49pm by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 5:48pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
yes for once Aussie is onto something- just change it in your profile- all you have to do is know your password which you surely do if you log on every day- or get someone to do it for you- done!

yes agnes I realise that... but why should I?..

why cant I or you or anyone remove their membership from  an internet forum?????...

even if its anonymous shouldnt I have that right?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 10:07pm

You raise an interesting question cods.

But I am still not going to delete accounts.

There is no information stored exclusively in your account except your email address and PMs. You can delete the PMs easily enough. Everything else is published. Your account is nothing more than a link to all the posts you made, which are still there, still visible, and still under your nickname, even if you delete the account. Deleting the account does not actually delete any additional information, it only makes is more difficult to see your posts.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:29pm

thank you fd.....   it isnt my account at ozpol   I am interested in.... the one I want deleted is at monks site as you know it is a copy of your own PA...and I joined there when he first started it...have no idea when I last used it..

the reason I want out of there completely  is because he abuses myself and has done so since I joined PA....

he allows all sorts of grosse things to be said  about myself....and then brags about the number of members he has there......

meaning he counts me as a member  ...

yet he refuses to delete my name 

it is my real name and email address.....

that address was used by aussie without my permission....... how do I know how safe these places are....and why would someone like monk care about keeping my private information safe????>.

its ok to tell me to change my addy   I probably will...but how will I know the owner has done that?????...

seems to me I have to put all my trust in this person

he hates my guts.....why would I trust him?..

tell me this fd...

can you read my PMs it is the first I have heard about PMs being saved...

what about PA  is it the same there.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:54am

Quote:

Do you want your account deleted cods?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:49pm

If your real name and email address are publicly visible, I would be asking him to take them down.

Other than that, just move on and chalk it up to life experience.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:52pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
If your real name and email address are publicly visible, I would be asking him to take them down.

Other than that, just move on and chalk it up to life experience.

The email address is NOT public.  There is no separate real name.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:04pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:54am:

Quote:

Spot

that was the plan spot..only at monks PA... nowhere else..

it never occured to me when I registered at a forum
I would be there for ever...

however  it is what it is

its my own fault   

thanks for all the help..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:10pm

I am beginning to suspect that the "plan" was the creation of yet another drama so the Queen retained adulation/attention over silly stuff.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:14pm

cods wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:04pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:54am:

Quote:

Spot

that was the plan spot..only at monks PA... nowhere else..

it never occured to me when I registered at a forum
I would be there for ever...

however  it is what it is

its my own fault   

thanks for all the help..

dear Cods,
if Monk ever uses your real email address to blackmail you
then go to the police.
I know Monk is stupid but he's not stupid enough to do that.
He proudly boasts that he's not a doxxer.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #28 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:21pm

a decent man would delete it for you cods

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #29 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:39pm

what is your name on monks site Cods Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:42pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:21pm:

A 'decent man,' ey.  Ask FD to delete your account here, and you will see he will not.  Are you saying FD is not a decent man?

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #31 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:42pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:21pm:

A 'decent man,' ey.  Ask FD to delete your account here, and you will see he will not.  Are you saying FD is not a decent man?

shut up trouble maker save that for Monks place- FD is a decent man and I know it a pity you dont though---not too mention that no one has to worry about an account in Ozpol- because we dont have stalkers and doxxers as part of the admin team-  Huh Tongue  I trust FD and mods here implicitly
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:24pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:20pm

Smiley

Gawd you are so easy.  I feel bad.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #33 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:20pm:
Smiley

this is aussie lost for words

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:25pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Smiley

Nah...that is 'Aussie' being polite.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #35 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:30pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Smiley

cods wouldnt care her account being  deleted if she could trust the 2 of you

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:31pm

You have good personal judgement Agnes.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:34pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:10pm:
I am beginning to suspect that the "plan" was the creation of yet another drama so the Queen retained adulation/attention over silly stuff.

ahhh you are mixing me up with your bestie...hes the drama queen  and your his princess..

as it is all I asked was a question.. see title...

you didnt have to engage..

I thought it was my right to ask for my account to be deleted....actually I took it for granted.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but then I didnt understand who I was dealing with...

now I do...

no drama   

you btw asked nef for something to be deleted  you claimed was on her forum...and if she didnt you would go to her host.. and get them to deal with it... quite intimidating actually....

yet when it was my turn   it was put up and shut up nothing you can do about it.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think I know whos the drama king..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #38 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:34pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:31pm:
You have good personal judgement Agnes.

thanks FD

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:34pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
what is your name on monks site Cods Wink

you will have to ask your besties    they know more than I do.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 5:30pm:
Smiley

Cods wouldn't care about her account being  deleted if she could trust the 2 of you

Monk only does silly things when he has temper tantrums.
FD calls them hissy fits.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #41 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 10:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Smiley

Cods wouldn't care about her account being  deleted if she could trust the 2 of you

Glug glug glug?

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 6:11am

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Smiley

Glug glug glug?

Of course - it's the cooking sherry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print