Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
a Question for ozpol admin.. (Read 3090 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

a Question for ozpol admin..
Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:34am

it has been mentioned elsewhere   that if a member asks for their membership to be deleted from ozpol.. 

that fd has the right to refuse to do so...

Quote:
Try telling FD to delete your account here.  Many have and he is right to ignore the demand.

is this correct   that once you register..

you are there for life..... Angry

if we are at the mercy of the owner of the site..[?]

should this not be explained in the declaration you agree to when you sign up?....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: a Question for ozpol admin..
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:10pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 8:34am:
it has been mentioned elsewhere   that if a member asks for their membership to be deleted from ozpol.. 

that fd has the right to refuse to do so...

Quote:
Try telling FD to delete your account here.  Many have and he is right to ignore the demand.

is this correct   that once you register..

you are there for life..... Angry

if we are at the mercy of the owner of the site..[?]

should this not be explained in the declaration you agree to when you sign up?....

It should cods and I know of the two of which you speak- they have already overstepped the boundaries as per their rights as admin- they would never assume to invade my privacy the way they invaded yours via email- a simple reasonable request such as you have asked of them should be complied with- I dont belive you are in any danger however- but thats not the point- you should have rights ad btw what can they glean from just your email address- well maybe nothing- maybe- but have they? because some ppl use their real names in their email address just not thinking when they create it-
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:33pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:53pm

I deleted a few accounts in the early days. Every single one of them came back and asked for it to be reinstated. They were just having a bit of a hissy fit, which they quickly got over. Unfortunately it is not possible to reinstate them.

The only reason people have for asking for it to be deleted is lack of self control. My time is worth more than that.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:00pm

Just get yourself a PB?

IBI

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:35pm

Easiest thing to do would be for freediver to turn the option back on so members can delete their own accounts if they want to. It was in your Profile if I remember correctly.

I know the option is there because it was briefly available a few years back (might have turned itself back on after a forum upgrade?) but it was turned back off again.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:42pm

Carl D wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
Easiest thing to do would be for freediver to turn the option back on so members can delete their own accounts if they want to. It was in your Profile if I remember correctly.

I know the option is there because it was briefly available a few years back (might have turned itself back on after a forum upgrade?) but it was turned back off again.

excellent idea Carl D-

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:29pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
I deleted a few accounts in the early days. Every single one of them came back and asked for it to be reinstated. They were just having a bit of a hissy fit, which they quickly got over. Unfortunately it is not possible to reinstate them.

The only reason people have for asking for it to be deleted is lack of self control. My time is worth more than that.

thank you for that feedback... maybe if someone wishes to be removed... they could get an ARE YOU SURE...notice like you do when you exit something.....

what about in a case where it hasnt been used for years???.....I understand you have better things to do fd... but in my case you also have my real name...living where I do I would not be that hard to track down...

I know I am not in any danger......but what if you sold this site????.......

shouldnt it be my wishes that matter?....if I stuff up   too bad....its my stuff up..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Cods.....get a new email address like aaabbbccc@outlook.com.  Then go to your profile here and change the current email address to the new one.  Problem solved.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:42pm

why do I have to rem ain a member of a website  I no longer wish to be a member of....

this is the point I am making....

if I wish to be a member of monks site with a new name  I will decide that  not you or monk..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:50pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:42pm:
why do I have to rem ain a member of a website  I no longer wish to be a member of....

if I wish to be a member of monks site with a new name  I will decide that  not you or monk..

Technically.......incorrect.  All new Member registrants are manually approved at Monk's joint......unlike here where any idiot pest can register and they have.....automatic Membership.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:50pm:

Technically.......incorrect.  All new Member registrants are manually approved at Monk's joint......unlike here where any idiot pest can register and they have.....automatic Membership.

did cods register at Monks using her real name in her email adress- be careful I know the answer to this question answered by Monk

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:02pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm:

did cods register at Monks using her real name in her email adress- be careful I know the answer to this question answered by Monk

I have no need to be careful Agnes.  I will be truthful, as always.  I have not met cods and viewed any ID like a driver's licence with a photo, or a passport....so I can't say for sure.  It may be her real name, I cannot say for certain.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:12pm

what does that mean?????.....is my name chiseled in stone or something..

if fd says he has deleted   then so can monk....

the fact someone wants to be reinstated is tough....

but the point is FD CAN AND DID....

my name should not matter....

the point is I no longer wish to be associated with monks site.....

surely I should have some control over that?..

isnt that the same  as monk not allowing someone to join???>... doesnt he have that RIGHT?...

well where are my rights?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:15pm

Just like FD has total and absolute control here ~ Monk does at his place.  In fact, Monk spells that out in some detail.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:32pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
Just like FD has total and absolute control here ~ Monk does at his place.  In fact, Monk spells that out in some detail.

when I read the original list I didnt see any of that.....

where are my rights aussie....   you would have an answer to that if my name was greg.....

you are more or less saying joining  a website you sign your name away.  what about skype or facebook....can I never be deleted from those places????????????????..........

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print