Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Dhimmitude is against oppression? (Read 29019 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dhimmitude is against oppression?
Reply #255 - Oct 22nd, 2018 at 6:30pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
you took a wikipedia quote that paraphrased Bernard Lewis making the claim that the Treaty of Medina was not so much an agreement but a unilateral proclamation, and you said that "historians" (plural) had made that claim.

Why would I make that up? We both know thats exactly what you did.

Even more absurdly, you have spent pages defending this by saying there's nothing wrong with it because I don't know that multiple historians didn't make that claim.

So you're literally saying there was nothing wrong with you attributing a plurality of historians to a claim you heard attributed to one historian (on the absurd "go prove a negative" false logic) - while at the same time implying that you never actually did that.

Or in other words, just another day in the FD wibble wabble wibble wabble routine.

So Wkipedia provides only the Bernard Lewis quote and FD takes that to be the position of Bernard Lewis PLUS at least one other historian who is not named - and so you now grinning like karnal/Bwian/gweggy.

As if Bernard Lewis had no students, no disciples, no historians building on his immense contribution - just because Wikipedia doesn't mention them? 

If you are the pupil of the Islamic Golden Age then it is as over-hyped and superficial as we have all suspected it to be.  You are Bwianesque.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print