Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Dhimmitude is against oppression? (Read 28968 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dhimmitude is against oppression?
Reply #240 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:03pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:44am:
freediver wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:02am:
So you use the constitution to justify Muhammad's genocide, but can only speculate on the existence of a constitution they were party to?

I've cited the opinions of actual historians who think so FD. You know, the trick you tried to do when you said "historians" believed it was not so much a treaty, but a unilateral declaration by Muhammad. Apparently when its convenient you see the value of relying on historians to back your case. Its just unfortunate that you can't even cite historians without lying about it.

Are you willing to claim that Lewis is the only historian to hold this view?

Grin unbelievable.

You are giggling with embarrassment at being nailed, gandalf.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #241 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:32am

Frank wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 8:03pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:44am:
So you use the constitution to justify Muhammad's genocide, but can only speculate on the existence of a constitution they were party to?

I've cited the opinions of actual historians who think so FD. You know, the trick you tried to do when you said "historians" believed it was not so much a treaty, but a unilateral declaration by Muhammad. Apparently when its convenient you see the value of relying on historians to back your case. Its just unfortunate that you can't even cite historians without lying about it.

Are you willing to claim that Lewis is the only historian to hold this view?

Grin unbelievable.

You are giggling with embarrassment at being nailed, gandalf.

You?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #242 - Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:51pm

freediver wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
Quote:
I've cited the opinions of actual historians who think so FD.

You've cited a historian speculating that a constitution may have existed to which the Jews were a party.

Count with me FD - from the aforementioned source:

1. "Wellhausen proposed that the Nadīr, Qurayza, and Qaynuqā were in fact the Jewish groups in the document"

2. "Watt explained the absence of the three tribes as indicating that the document was redacted in the form preserved in the Sīra only a󰀀er the elimination of the Qurayza in 927."

3. "Others maintain that Muham-mad had separate nonbelligerency treaties with the three tribes and so had no need to include them here."

Thats 2 sources arguing that the Qurayza were in a version of the COM (Watt's, as previously discussed, whole argument is that it was redacted to remove the Qurayza from the Treaty - therefore they were originally in it) - plus "others" (plural) who maintain there were separate nonbeligerency treaties with the jews, including the Qurayza.

Or in other words, more than one.

Quote:
It's a simple question Gandalf. One you have not yet given a straight answer to. Do you think Lewis is the only historian to hold that view? If not, why would you pursue this line of argument, other than to play out the typical deceptive Muslim stereotype?

As far as I know he is the only one. And I pursue it for one simple reason - you lied about it. pure and simple. You took a specific claim from a wikipedia article, that Bernard Lewis said such and such and you twisted that into "historians (plural) said such and such. Reverting to your standard "it can't be a lie because who knows, maybe someone else other than Lewis said it too" - doesn't make it not a lie.

What a pathetic game you play here - one that you have played before. Blatantly falsify a source (wikipedia in this case) to claim it says something that it doesn't - then try the old 'prove a negative' rouse to wriggle out of it when you get sprung.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #243 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:24am

Quote:
Count with me FD - from the aforementioned source:

1. "Wellhausen proposed that the Nadīr, Qurayza, and Qaynuqā were in fact the Jewish groups in the document"

2. "Watt explained the absence of the three tribes as indicating that the document was redacted in the form preserved in the Sīra only a󰀀er the elimination of the Qurayza in 927."

3. "Others maintain that Muham-mad had separate nonbelligerency treaties with the three tribes and so had no need to include them here."

Thats 2 sources arguing that the Qurayza were in a version of the COM (Watt's, as previously discussed, whole argument is that it was redacted to remove the Qurayza from the Treaty - therefore they were originally in it) - plus "others" (plural) who maintain there were separate nonbeligerency treaties with the jews, including the Qurayza.

Or in other words, more than one.

You seem to be more focused on counting the number of references than what they are actually saying. They all appear to be speculating on the existence of a treaty to which the Jews were a party. Muslims have invented around this an elaborate and detailed justification for Muhammad's genocide of the Jews. In which (of course) the Jews are to blame for Muhammad slaughtering them.

Quote:
As far as I know he is the only one.

If you were a betting man, what odds would you place on being correct on this?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #244 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:41pm

freediver wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:24am:
They all appear to be speculating on the existence of a treaty...

Well done FD, now can see the contradiction with this latest statement to the original:

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 10th, 2018 at 2:51pm:
You've cited a historian speculating that...

So you've moved from 'you base it all on one historian speculating... to 'you base it on several historians speculating...".

So, we'll mark that down as you making some progress. Well done.

freediver wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 8:24am:
If you were a betting man, what odds would you place on being correct on this?

Not very good. After all, you'd think wikipedia would have at least mentioned it, instead of citing only one. Not to mention the fact that if you really knew, you would have produced the other sources by now.

So listen to your own logic: "I'll pick out a particular quote from wikipedia, it  specifically says a single person made the claim, but instead I'll pretend its "historians" (plural) who said it." When caught out on it, your defense is literally "yeah but I reckon sometime, somewhere others said it, even though I have no clue who or when".

FD can you explain to me how this is not lying?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #245 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm

Quote:
So you've moved from 'you base it all on one historian speculating... to 'you base it on several historians speculating...".

There is nothing incorrect about what I posted Gandalf. You did cite a historian speculating on the existence of a treaty. Whether you also cited other historians is beside the point - which is that it is entirely speculative, and Muslims have taken speculation on the existence of a treaty to which the Jews were a party and extrapolated that to an elaborate justification for Muhammad committing genocide in which his victims are entirely to blame. Of course, I explained this at the time.

Quote:
Not very good.

So as far as you know, you are probably wrong, but for some reason still demand I prove you wrong?

Quote:
After all, you'd think wikipedia would have at least mentioned it, instead of citing only one.

I doubt wikipedia has every come across someone so anal as to get hung up on whether to use singular or plural when they only give one example to support what is written.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #246 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 7:44am

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Whether you also cited other historians is beside the point

Interesting. So do you often respond to someone citing multiple sources to back up their claim by saying "you only cited *A* historian" - and then argue that its "beside the point" that in fact I cited more than one?

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
I doubt wikipedia has every come across someone so anal as to get hung up on whether to use singular or plural when they only give one example to support what is written.

When you refer to a single citation of Bernard Lewis as "historians" plural, it is not being anal to call you out on that lie FD.

The truth is, this plural thing is a favourite ploy of yours - it obviously makes your BS claims sound more compelling if you pretend its multiple people backing up your claim. You famously did it with the "muslims (plural) claim [something incriminating and sinister]" - when you saw no one except me saying it. Clearly you believe it boosts your case if you can pretend that multiple muslims said something incriminating, do get the whole 'mindless collective' effect. You also used exactly the same defense as you are using now - the old "you can't prove that no one else didn't say it" ruse. The only real question here is do you actually buy this absurd logical fallacy of insisting that until someone "proves a negative", your BS claim is legit.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #247 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:09am

Quote:
Interesting. So do you often respond to someone citing multiple sources to back up their claim by saying "you only cited *A* historian"

Do you often accusing people of often doing things they have not done once?

Quote:
When you refer to a single citation of Bernard Lewis as "historians" plural

When did I do that?

Quote:
The truth is, this plural thing is a favourite ploy of yours - it obviously makes your BS claims sound more compelling

Would you say it is so compelling that it is very unlikely Lewis is the only historian to hold that view?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #248 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:30am

Quote:
When did I do that?

When you took wikipedia paraphrasing Bernard Lewis saying the Treaty of Medina was likely a unilateral proclamation, rather than an agreement - and claimed it was "historians" plural who said it.

Or are you now denying you did this? Does this mean you are acknowledging it is a dishonest thing to do and you are now claiming you would never do such a dishonest thing? Or are you still maintaining that lying about what a source said is not dishonest or wrong in any wayt - b based on the speculation that maybe somewhere sometime someone else did actually say it too?

freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 8:09am:
Would you say it is so compelling that it is very unlikely Lewis is the only historian to hold that view?

Ah, so having a bob each way I see. "I didn't do it, but if I did it wouldn't be wrong" - is that where we are at?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #249 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 9:18am

Quote:
Or are you now denying you did this?

I am suggesting that you are again misrepresenting what I posted - in a trivial sense. You appear to do this in order to dodge the fairly obvious point - that Muslims have taken speculation by some historians of the existence of a treaty to which the Jews were a party and used it to manufacture an elaborate excuse in which the Jews are to blame for Muhammad's genocide of them.

Quote:
Ah, so having a bob each way I see. "I didn't do it, but if I did it wouldn't be wrong" - is that where we are at?

I am saying that I stand by what I said, and that even you think it is most likely correct, but you only argue the minutia in order to dodge Muhammad's genocide.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #250 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 9:44am

freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 9:18am:
I am saying that I stand by what I said, and that even you think it is most likely correct,

LOL no I didn't FD. I literally said the exact opposite:

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:41pm:
Not very good. After all, you'd think wikipedia would have at least mentioned it, instead of citing only one.

By the way this is not a "trivial" misrepresentation of what I said.

freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 9:18am:
but you only argue the minutia

Good point FD. Catching you out on your dishonestly in claiming multiple historians made the claim that only Bernard Lewis made, is "only arguing the minutiae".

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #251 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 10:15am

So you think it is normal for wikipedia to cite 2 sources on the grounds that if they only cite one it implies there is only one academic in the field who holds that view?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #252 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 12:56pm

I think you are deflecting from the fact that you took that wiki citation and lied about it. You know, the usual story with you.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #253 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Quote me.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #254 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 5:00pm

you took a wikipedia quote that paraphrased Bernard Lewis making the claim that the Treaty of Medina was not so much an agreement but a unilateral proclamation, and you said that "historians" (plural) had made that claim.

Why would I make that up? We both know thats exactly what you did.

Even more absurdly, you have spent pages defending this by saying there's nothing wrong with it because I don't know that multiple historians didn't make that claim.

So you're literally saying there was nothing wrong with you attributing a plurality of historians to a claim you heard attributed to one historian (on the absurd "go prove a negative" false logic) - while at the same time implying that you never actually did that.

Or in other words, just another day in the FD wibble wabble wibble wabble routine.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print