Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print
Dhimmitude is against oppression? (Read 29022 times)
moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dhimmitude is against oppression?
Reply #210 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 3:28pm

gandalf wrote Reply #205 - Yesterday at 5:49pm:

Quote:
The "institution of Dhimmitude" didn't exist until after Muhammad's death FD

Dhimmitude was a system that was developed by the Caliphs as a practical measure to administer a massive geographical empire that had vast non-muslim subjects. A problem that Muhammad never faced.

The jizyah is described in the Qurʾān as a tax that is imposed on a certain erring faction from among the People of the Book (Ahl al-Kitāb; non-Muslim groups such as Christians and Jews recognized in the Qurʾān as possessing a divine scripture) who violate their own religious and ethical principles (9:29).

In return for payment of the jizyah, non-Muslim populations—specifically Jews and Christians—were granted protection of life and property and the right to practice their religion. Under this policy they were called dhimmīs (protected people).

qur'an 9.29: Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

Jizyah a special tax on non muslims who were called dhimmis.

Preached by muhammad in the qur'an.

Yet it didn't exist till after his death?

Are you saying he preached it but didn't practice it gandi?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #211 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:24pm

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:30pm:
I can cite him threatening to slaughter them if they do not convert to Islam, and I can cite historical accounts of him following this up by slaughtering them. As historical evidence goes, it rarely gets any better than that.

Please do.

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Would you plot against a ruler who publicly threatened to kill you if you did not convert to his religion that placed him as the arbiter of God's will and you as a second class citizen? Or would you spinelessly apologise for such a ruler?

Please provide evidence of this fact.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #212 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:26pm

moses wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 3:28pm:

Quote:

Dhimmitude was a system that was developed by the Caliphs as a practical measure to administer a massive geographical empire that had vast non-muslim subjects. A problem that Muhammad never faced.

The jizyah is described in the Qurʾān as a tax that is imposed on a certain erring faction from among the People of the Book (Ahl al-Kitāb; non-Muslim groups such as Christians and Jews recognized in the Qurʾān as possessing a divine scripture) who violate their own religious and ethical principles (9:29).

In return for payment of the jizyah, non-Muslim populations—specifically Jews and Christians—were granted protection of life and property and the right to practice their religion. Under this policy they were called dhimmīs (protected people).

qur'an 9.29: Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

The Jizya was imposed by Muhammad as war reparations after a battle. The verse which reveals the Jizya is in this context.

Think about it. If you go to war and defeat your enemy, wouldn't you ask for war reparations? God knows the Allies did this in both WW1 and WW2.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 7:49pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 6:26pm:
moses wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 3:28pm:

Quote:

The Jizya was imposed by Muhammad as war reparations after a battle. The verse which reveals the Jizya is in this context.

Think about it. If you go to war and defeat your enemy, wouldn't you ask for war reparations? God knows the Allies did this in both WW1 and WW2.

Islam is in perpetual war with non-Muslims. House of Islam (submissives) and House of War (the free) is their formulation.

When Islam conquers and subjugates all then there will be only thee House of Islam.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #214 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:27pm

The old boy is the perpetual Jizzya. He flew here, refuses to assimilate.

Lucky we're a multicultural bunch, no?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:31pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:27pm:

You paki arsebandits are. Don't  pretend to speak for the sane and honourable and decent people. 

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #216 - Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:38pm

Frank wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:31pm:

You paki arsebandits are. Don't  pretend to speak for the sane and honourable and decent people. 

Sorry, old boy, I'm British. Your Paki game is a cunning ruse to have us banned.

So I'm curious. Rather than a second class of Jizzya taxpaying citizens, what's your solution for those who flew here?

Ban them. Kill them. Cesterete them?

And if they grew here:

Paki them.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #217 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 10:56am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:15pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:00pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 2:42pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:19am:
Gandalf, can you explain in your own words what rights you think Muhammad gave pagans and how he used the institution of Dhimmitude to protect them?

The Constitution of Medina protected those rights.

I don't know why you're finding this difficult to believe.

Non-Muslims were banned from the area.

Rubbish. You are clearly confused.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Saudi_Arabia

Non-Muslims are also strictly banned from the Holy Cities of Mecca and Medina.

https://islamqa.info/en/47736

It is not permissible allow the kuffaar to take up residence in the Arabian Peninsula. The scholars differed at to the definition of the boundaries of the Arabian Peninsula, but they did not differ as to the fact that Madeenah is part of it.

Ibn Qudaamah said:

It is not permissible for any of them (the kuffaar) to live in the Hijaaz. This is the view of Maalik and al-Shaafa’i, but Maalik said: I think that they should be expelled from all the Arab lands, because the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Two religions cannot coexist in the Arabian Peninsula.” Abu Dawood narrated with his isnaad from ‘Umar that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula,, and I will not leave anyone there but Muslims.” Al-Tirmidhi said: this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. And it was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) left behind three instructions. He said: Expel the mushrikeen from the Arabian Peninsula, honour the delegations the way that I do, and he kept quiet about the third. Narrated by Abu Dawood.

Gandalf, is this what passes for freedom of religion under Islam?

Non-muslims were not banned by Muhammad from Medina. That was your claim. As far as I know pagans and jews were free to live and worship in Medina under the COM - provided they didn't conspire to overthrow Muhammad of course. Then its tough titties off with your head.

But I'm curious FD, you have dabbled with two conflicting arguments over the years: first you said 'the jews did no wrong' - in terms of violating any treaty, and it was purely a case of Muhammad going back on his word, *HE* violated the treaty, and executed the Qurayza for no justifiable reason. But then not long ago you abandoned that and said that actually the Qurayza *DID* violate their agreement with Muhammad, but it was right and proper to do so, given that Muhammad was Hitler on steroids, evil incarnate etc etc. A sort of 'Warsaw Ghetto uprising' of the 7th century.

So the question is, for the purposes of this discussion, which way are you flip flopping today FD?
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2018 at 11:15am by polite_gandalf »  

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #218 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 1:14pm

Quote:
Non-muslims were not banned by Muhammad from Medina. That was your claim.

Here you go Gandalf:

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:00pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 2:42pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:19am:
Gandalf, can you explain in your own words what rights you think Muhammad gave pagans and how he used the institution of Dhimmitude to protect them?

The Constitution of Medina protected those rights.

I don't know why you're finding this difficult to believe.

Non-Muslims were banned from the area.

Rubbish. You are clearly confused.

You have also been claiming that Muhammad cannot be used as an example of Dhimmitude.

Quote:
As far as I know pagans and jews were free to live and worship in Medina under the COM - provided they didn't conspire to overthrow Muhammad of course.

Did Muhammad violate this constitution when he publicly threatened to slaughter the Jews if they did not convert to Islam?

How long did it take after this constition until the area was ethnically cleansed of all non-Muslims?

Quote:
But I'm curious FD, you have dabbled with two conflicting arguments over the years: first you said 'the jews did no wrong' - in terms of violating any treaty, and it was purely a case of Muhammad going back on his word, *HE* violated the treaty

Do you think he did?

Quote:
But then not long ago you abandoned that and said that actually the Qurayza *DID* violate their agreement with Muhammad, but it was right and proper to do so, given that Muhammad was Hitler on steroids, evil incarnate etc etc.

I have been making arguments similar to what you describe for years Gandalf.

Quote:
So the question is, for the purposes of this discussion, which way are you flip flopping today FD?

The arguments I actually made are not mutually exclusive. Only your misrepresentations of them. You are the only one here promoting collective punishment of mindless collectives of treacherous Jews. Once you let go of your racist mindless collective stereotype, both arguments make sense.

Other than converting or dying, what legal rights did Muhammad extend to Pagans?

Did the Jews have the right to keep their head attached to their body?

When Muhammad first came into a position where he could get away with slaughtering people, and he celebrated by publicly threatening to slaughter the Medina Jews if they did not convert to Islam, was he defending their right to convert to Islam, or their right to die?

When Muslims say that Dhimmitude is against oppression, do they really mean only for those non-Muslims in a position to negotiate some rights for themselves, and only for so long as Muslims choose to honour their agreement? Should we take this behaviour as indicative of the broader approach that Muslims have to respecting human rights?

Do you think I am being unfair by cherry picking Muhammad's campaign of genocide and ethnic cleansing rather than focus on all the nice things he did?

How does the banning of pagans (and all non-Muslims) from their own Mecca for pagan ritual, and then the broader hejaz region, including Medina where they were supposedly protected by that constitution, fit in with your BS about pagans having rights?

How do Muhammad's campaigns to slaughter pagans and destroy pagan monuments and shrines fit in with your lies about pagans having rights?

And what about "tough titties, off with their heads"? Would you trust someone who said this about people they later insisted had rights?

After Muhammad concocted this constitution that supposedly granted the citizens of Medina freedom of religion, how long was it until he threatened the Jews of Medina with slaughter if they did not convert to Islam?

How long was it until he followed through with his threats and committed genocide?

How long was it until Muslims started blaming the Jews for their own demise with mindless collectives of treacherous Jews memes?

How long was it until pagans were banned from their own shrine in Mecca?

How long was it until pagans were banned from the city of Mecca?

How long was it until pagans were banned from the region of Hejaz, including Medina?

How long was it until Muhammad was launching raids to slaughter pagans and destroy competing pagan monuments and shrines?

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you claim Muhammad granted non-Muslims basic human rights such as freedom of religion?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 2:01pm

Auggie wrote Reply #212 - Yesterday at 6:26pm

Quote:

Come on Auggie stop the excuses. The issue is gandi told us: Quote:

Which the site clearly disputes, muhammad called for Jizya, the people paying jizya were called dhimmis.The site also makes reference to the inconsistency of how muhammad imposed his Jizya on the Non-muslims.

So clearly dhimmitude was practiced in muhammads time.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #220 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 2:24pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 1:14pm:
The arguments I actually made are not mutually exclusive.

Thats debatable. On the one hand you said this:

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:17pm:
I think they had a duty of care to humanity and fellow Jews stop Muhammed and it was unfortunate they failed. And Muhammed's beligerant and antogonistic racism

O Jews, beware lest God bring upon you the vengeance that He brought upon Quraysh and become Muslims. You know that I am a prophet who has been sent - you will find that in your scriptures and God's covenant with you.

would still be beligerant and antagonistic racism, and would justify the hostility of the Jews to him.

- before, and therefore irrespective of anything that happened vis the Banu Qurayza actions during the battle of the trench.

And yet, the rest of the time you've been churning out pages and pages defending the loyal conduct of the Qurayza, insisting no treaty had been broken, claiming that there wasn't even any treaty with the Qurayza to break, that the Qurayza actually helped Muhammad during the siege, thus refuting the idea that they betrayed him.

So basically you argue 1. foul play! the Banu Qurayza did nothing disloyal to Muhammad, and therefore so unfair they got executed for treason, while at the same time 2. Such heroes that they turned against Hitler on steroids - and so "unfortunate they failed". Clearly two conflicting arguments.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #221 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:10pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 10:38pm:

Sorry, old boy, I'm British.

Yeah, sure you are. 
Not Australian then.  Yet you squeal as if the Village People were up you, Paki.  Taqiyya.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #222 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:10pm:

Yeah, sure you are. 

Shure I am.

You?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #223 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:39pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:10pm:

Yeah, sure you are. 

Shure I am.

You?

Not Australian, then.  Yet squealing like one.  And like a Paki.  And like a Muslim spokesthingy.

It is a constant and unpredictable game of 'who the f××× are you' with karnal the shifty bugger.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #224 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:39pm:

Not Australian, then.  Yet squealing like one.  And like a Paki.  And like a Muslim spokesthingy.

It is a constant and unpredictable game of 'who the f××× are you' with karnal the shifty bugger.

Frank,

On K.

I always think of K, as trying to impersonate a believer.

e.g.
Here on OzPol, he is always sidestepping a direct question,     if the answer to that direct question could be 'too revealing' of his true character and true motives.

[sorta like Auggie too,    only 10 x more devious than Auggie.]

And K is succeeding in his impersonation, in my eyes.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print