Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Dhimmitude is against oppression? (Read 28950 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dhimmitude is against oppression?
Reply #135 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Quote:
But of course. Whatever ISIS do is exactly what Moh would have done. These people are Moslems.

You?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:50pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Quote:
But of course. Whatever ISIS do is exactly what Moh would have done. These people are Moslems.

You? 

I asked you first, Secret. Do you think ISIS follow the religion of Islam?

Why or why not?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:54pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Quote:

You? 

Why or why not?

Lutherans I think.  With stilts.  Tinted ain't they?    Smiley

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Quote:

You? 

Why or why not?

Lutherans I think.  With stilts.  Tinted ain't they?    Smiley

Not at all. Martin Luther was around in the 16th century. The old boy supports the tax code, but I think you'll find Luther had more of a tan.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:12pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:50pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:27pm:
You have not posted any.

I verily did, and whats more you even acknowledged my posting them - by rhetorically asking me if he violated those very rights that I posted:

Quote:
freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
Would you agree that Muhammad tossed those rights out the window when he captured Mecca?

If he 'tossed those rights out the window when he captured Mecca' - is that not acknowledging that the rights were given before Mecca was captured?

You need to work out what your debating points actually are FD, rather than knee-jerkingly just repeating questions while having no comprehension of what an answer to those questions actually entails. You are clearly confused.

How exactly is this you telling me (repeatedly, apparently) what the specific rights are? I don't see a single one there.

FD what "rights" did you have in mind when you asked me if I agreed that he tossed those rights out the window when he captured Mecca? Do you often construct debating points using information you later deny was ever brought up? Or is it just when you're running with the 'evasive muslim' angle?

Did you bother reading the link? For example the bit where it specifically referred to pagan rights to worship? Its even in dot points, you know the sort of format you might expect in a listing of rights.

No Gandalf. I did not bother reading it. You will have to do your own lying.

Let's try again for a straight answer.

Other than converting or dying, what legal rights did Muhammad extend to Pagans?

Did the Jews have the right to keep their head attached to their shoulders?

When Muhammad first came into a position where he could get away with slaughtering people, and he celebrated by publicly threatening to slaughter the Medina Jews if they did not convert to Islam, was he defending their right to convert to Islam, or their right to die?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #140 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:13am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Other than converting or dying, what legal rights did Muhammad extend to Pagans?

Oh look, you missed it again - for a second time. Silly you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Medina#Rights_of_non-Muslims

In case you're wondering, these are the rights you acknowledged when you asked if they were thrown out the window when Mecca was captured.

I did not bother reading it

Fair enough.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:31am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:13am:

In case you're wondering, these are the rights you acknowledged when you asked if they were thrown out the window when Mecca was captured.

Fair enough.

FD told you to do your own lying, G. It's the closest he's come to yet to admitting his campaign is all about competing lies. The Muselman (taqiyya); FD (the use of porkies in his campaign against the Muselman).

Of course FD won't read your responses. He just wants to ask questions about what Muslims themselves believe.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #142 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:31am:
Of course FD won't read your responses. He just wants to ask questions about what Muslims themselves believe.

And he doesn't even care that they have been answered. As he just said "I did not bother reading it". So what does he do? Pretend it somehow hasn't been answered - even though he directly referenced that answer - and continues on with his broken record routine. Very annoying.

Its not the logical fallacies, or the goalshifting, or even the outright porkies that gets me. Its this unbelievably inane and infantile game of pretending its *ME* who's being evasive and dishonest. The hide!

go figure  Smiley

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #143 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:40pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:13am:

Fair enough.

Did Muhammad reneg on any of those rights when he threatened the Medina Jews with slaughter if they did not convert to Islam? Or when he followed through and slaughtered them? Or when he banned Pagans from their own shrine in Mecca, and then the entire city? Or when he used Mecca as a base from which to slaughter Pagans and destroy their shrines and monuments?

In case you have not figured it out yet, I am not asking you which rights he temporarily granted to specific groups of people when he was in a position of weakness and negotiating with them directly. I am asking you to actually think for yourself.

Did the Jews have the right to keep their head attached to their body?

When Muhammad first came into a position where he could get away with slaughtering people, and he celebrated by publicly threatening to slaughter the Medina Jews if they did not convert to Islam, was he defending their right to convert to Islam, or their right to die?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #144 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 7:40pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:40pm:
In case you have not figured it out yet, I am not asking you which rights he temporarily granted to specific groups

Thats exactly what you asked FD. You just want to shift the goalposts now.

In case you are confused, these are your exact words:

Quote:
what legal rights did Muhammad extend to Pagans?

You don't specify that it can't be 'temporary' or done only in a position of weakness.

And no, there is no evidence that pagans lost any of the rights Muhammad granted them. Apart from the ones that violated the treaty they had with him of course.

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:40pm:

My understanding is that Muhammad didn't slaughter any jews - save for perhaps maybe a dozen or so ringleaders who conspired to materially support the army that was laying siege to their city, in direct violation of the treaty they had with Muhammad.

There is also no evidence he committed the genocide against pagans you constantly allude to. Certainly he did not conduct any vengeful recriminations against the Quraysh when he captured Mecca with virtually no blood spilled. You'd have a hard time arguing he wasn't in a "position of strength" then.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
Let's have two lots of tax codes: one for Christians and the other for Muslims. Both tax codes charge the same rate of tax, but they just have two different names.

This 'separate but equal' doctrine is what Gandalf supports.

WOW!!

Have you ever thought of becoming the President of the Australian Imams' Council?  There may be a vacancy and you are as smart as any of the candidates.

Hello? What's this all about? I'm on your side here, Frank. At least for today.

Please don't be on my side.

You do not understand what the sides are. you do not understand your own side.   I don't think you understand anything.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #146 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:16pm

Quote:
Thats exactly what you asked FD.

Did the constitution of Medina apply to all pagans? Or are you doing the slippery Muslim trick and pretending I was asking what rights he granted to a specific group of pagans?

Quote:
You don't specify that it can't be 'temporary' or done only in a position of weakness.

Is this what Muslims mean when they say they support human rights? Is this what they mean when they say Dhimmitude is against oppression - unless they specify always and for all people, they merely mean as and when it suits the Islamist agenda?

Quote:
And no, there is no evidence that pagans lost any of the rights Muhammad granted them.

What about the ones that want to visit their pagan shrine in Mecca?

Quote:
My understanding is that Muhammad didn't slaughter any jews - save for perhaps maybe a dozen or so

Down from a few hundred eh? Why the need for your embarrassing mindless collective of treacherous Jews meme?

Quote:
There is also no evidence he committed the genocide against pagans you constantly allude to.

Can we start with what I actually said?

Let's try again for a straight answer eh?

Did the Jews have the right to keep their head attached to their body?

« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:26pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:31am:

And he doesn't even care that they have been answered. As he just said "I did not bother reading it". So what does he do? Pretend it somehow hasn't been answered - even though he directly referenced that answer - and continues on with his broken record routine. Very annoying.

Its not the logical fallacies, or the goalshifting, or even the outright porkies that gets me. Its this unbelievably inane and infantile game of pretending its *ME* who's being evasive and dishonest. The hide!

go figure  Smiley

Well, G, you do respond.

He doesn't say boo to silly old Karnal.

I'm the Islamic blowfly, you see.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:31pm

Frank wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:29pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
Let's have two lots of tax codes: one for Christians and the other for Muslims. Both tax codes charge the same rate of tax, but they just have two different names.

This 'separate but equal' doctrine is what Gandalf supports.

WOW!!

Have you ever thought of becoming the President of the Australian Imams' Council?  There may be a vacancy and you are as smart as any of the candidates.

Hello? What's this all about? I'm on your side here, Frank. At least for today.

Please don't be on my side.

You do not understand what the sides are. you do not understand your own side.   I don't think you understand anything.

The old boy's always offended, Auggie, don't you worry.

He does have that right, no?

They're tinted.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #149 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 9:12pm

freediver wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 9:16pm:
Did the constitution of Medina apply to all pagans?

No because funnily enough Muhammad didn't have control over all pagans at the time. I thought it would go without saying that his laws regarding pagans only apply to pagans under his control.

Is this what Muslims mean when they say they support human rights? Is this what they mean when they say Dhimmitude is against oppression - unless they specify always and for all people, they merely mean as and when it suits the Islamist agenda?

And there goes FD on 'meme generator' mode again.

Can we start with what I actually said?

You have made reference to Muhammad's "genocide" against the pagans several times. On at least one occassion you conceded you meant jews not pagans, but that hasn't stopped you from repeating the reference.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Send Topic Print