Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
She Knows the Narrative... (Read 10093 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She Knows the Narrative...
Reply #90 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:56pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 9:45am:
Grendel wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 9:43am:
there was no STOLEN and it wasn't a GENERATION...

more lies from the PC Left and their victimhood victims

Well they weren't returned and it wasn't just one, so what do we call it.

The same thing happens to all children who suffer neglect & abuse ....

the state removes them for their own safety & well being.

There's more non Aboriginal children who were removed from their families ....

were they a "stolen generation"? or "generations?".

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:57pm

cods wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:05am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 9:48am:

clearly since even aboriginals say they don't own the land they "belong" land then they never owned it in any sense legal or otherwise.

Oh, they were stolen alright.

No surprise that you're defending such behaviour, though.

I am sure a lot was wrong in those times  and I hate anyone making it a political football...

my point was has it helped our friends  that we stopped. STEALING THE CHILDREN ?

what I read now is n o one is game to remove an aboriginal child  for a very bad situation....

is that a good thing do you think?....

what is the answer?  do you have one?

They weren't stolen in the first place.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:01pm

It's funny how nobody mentions all the single white women who had their babies forcibly taken from them?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:12am:

clearly since even aboriginals say they don't own the land they "belong" land then they never owned it in any sense legal or otherwise.

I am sure a lot was wrong in those times  and I hate anyone making it a political football...

my point was has it helped our friends  that we stopped. STEALING THE CHILDREN ?

what I read now is n o one is game to remove an aboriginal child  for a very bad situation....

I'm not sure what you read is true.

"It took another 10 years after the report just to get a formal government apology to the stolen generations (the subject of one of the recommendations).

"As much as prime minister Kevin Rudd’s words were eloquent, they were ultimately meaningless; the number of Aboriginal children in out-of-home care has more than doubled since his apology.

"That brings us to where we are now: with well over 17,000 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children currently removed from their homes by statutory authorities.

"Modelling by the Family Matters campaign shows that this number will more than triple by 2036 if we keep doing things the same way."

Removing Aboriginal children from their families has failed. There is another way

17,000 A&TI'S ...... how many non Aboriginal children currently removed from their families?

Whether they are "Homes"- is a matter of further debate.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:07pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

They certainly were.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:10pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:07pm:

They certainly were.

And many were taken because the aborigines used to bang the half blood kids on the head with a rock .

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #96 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:31pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:56pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 9:45am:

Well they weren't returned and it wasn't just one, so what do we call it.

The same thing happens to all children who suffer neglect & abuse ....

the state removes them for their own safety & well being.

There's more non Aboriginal children who were removed from their families ....

were they a "stolen generation"? or "generations?".

I've told yez before - a drug-addled niece of mine has has half a dozen kids taken from her - and she's as white as the snow...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #97 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 5:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:07pm:

They certainly were.

And your evidence????????????

Factual, proven and named stolen children??????????

Not just anecdotal meanderings of a bunch of bludgers looking for a payout.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #98 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:12am:

I'm not sure what you read is true.

"It took another 10 years after the report just to get a formal government apology to the stolen generations (the subject of one of the recommendations).

"As much as prime minister Kevin Rudd’s words were eloquent, they were ultimately meaningless; the number of Aboriginal children in out-of-home care has more than doubled since his apology.

"That brings us to where we are now: with well over 17,000 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children currently removed from their homes by statutory authorities.

"Modelling by the Family Matters campaign shows that this number will more than triple by 2036 if we keep doing things the same way."

Removing Aboriginal children from their families has failed. There is another way

17,000 A&TI'S ...... how many non Aboriginal children currently removed from their families?

Whether they are "Homes"- is a matter of further debate.

Is it better to remove young children from abusive parents
Or
Leave them there to be beaten, raped and murdered?

Our wonderful aboriginal population have the highest number of child rape cases of any group in Australia.
No child is safe.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 8:18am

Clearly gweggy and people like him are fools...

There was no STOLEN and it wasn't a GENERATION...

BTW gweggy I didn't defend anything nor make any excuses, YOU are a liar.

Just posting some facts.
Live in denial and ignorance all you like, obviously it doesn't matter how many of us try and educate you, you refuse to listen or accept reality. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:43pm

'
Stolen land' is BS

Last month, Greens Senator Dr Mehreen Faruqi spoke some of the most misguided and divisive words heard in parliament in recent times. She said: ‘We are subject to rules that white people never are’ and claimed that a ‘culture of online harassment, bullying and toxicity now targets everyone who is not a straight white man’.
Her speech begins with: ‘We are gathered here today on stolen land’. Wrong. Australia was lawfully conquered and settled by the British Empire in accordance with the international norms of the old world order. That was a ‘might makes right’ world. Whoever could raise an army and conquer land did so. Muslim Arabs and Turks have had their fair share of conquests, as have Christian Europeans. The Treaty of Westphalia in 1648 sowed the seeds for the modern concept of territorial sovereignty within demarcated borders. Though it wasn’t until 1928 under the General Treaty for Renunciation of War as an Instrument of National Policy that territorial acquisition by force was first attempted to be outlawed through consensus among international signatories.
Otherwise known as the Kellogg-Briand Pact (after its authors US Secretary of State Frank B. Kellogg and French foreign minister Aristide Briand), this 1928 pact of course didn’t succeed in immediately putting an end to all war. In fact, World War II, the most destructive of all conflicts still managed to occur only a decade later. Yet the importance of the pact came in its aftermath.
Shortly after the emergence of the United Nations, its Charter went on to guaranteeing ‘territorial integrity’ to member states. In the process, any territory acquired before the 1928 pact was deemed lawfully conquered under a ‘right of conquest’. Borders essentially became frozen in place and future conquests were made unlawful.
This prohibition was not applied retroactively. Doing so would have thrown the entire world into turmoil since virtually every piece of land has, at some point, been conquered by outside forces – or to use Dr Faruqi’s rhetoric, ‘stolen’.
Since Australia was settled in 1788  – a century and four decades prior to the cut-off point for lawful conquests in 1928  – its territorial legitimacy has never been in doubt. Hence, there are no legal or historical grounds to think of Australia’s founding as land ‘theft’.
As someone who identifies as a Muslim, Dr Faruqi should know of Islamic civilisation’s own territorial conquests far beyond the outskirts of Mecca in the 7th century stretching all the way to Spain in the west and China in the east.
Does she believe the Arabic-speaking Islamic countries that today stretch across North Africa, having conquered and replaced the indigenous Egyptian, Carthaginian, Berber and Nubian civilisations are all ‘stolen lands’? Does she believe that Iran, once home to an indigenous Avestan-speaking Zoroastrian culture, is ‘stolen land’?
There was once an indigenous Hindu civilisation in Dr Faruqi’s own country of origin, Pakistan. Islam was first introduced in the region by Umayyad conqueror Muhammad Bin Qasim in 711. Does she believe that Pakistan is built on ‘stolen land’? One wonders, was Dr Faruqi not aware of Australia’s colonial history prior to her arrival? If so, why bother choosing to migrate to a country whose historical foundations fill you with such moral dread?

Worse yet, she goes on to declare: ‘I bring to this chamber my track record on shaking things up and shifting the agenda on issues as diverse as decriminalising abortion, drug law reform, LGBTQI rights, the right to die with dignity and protecting our environment.’
With the exception of protecting the environment, literally everything else on her list is at complete odds with Islam. There isn’t one credible scholar of mainstream Islamic jurisprudence from any one of the four Sunni (Hanafi, Shafi’i, Maliki and Hanbali) and three Shi’ite (Ithna Ashari, Isma’ili and Zaidi) schools of thought that has ruled in favour of abortion, drugs, same-sex marriage, gender fluidity and euthanasia.
What Dr Faruqi seems to be following isn’t exactly ‘Islam’. It’s her own ideological fusion tinged with cultural Marxism, third-wave feminism and post-colonialism which she thinks is Islam when she boasts in her speech which she thinks is Islam when she boasts in her speech of being ‘unapologetically… a brown, Muslim, migrant’. This alliance between secular Muslim activists and the far-Left isn’t one based on strict theological, jurisprudential or moral consistency. They’re not united by common values so much as they’re united against a common enemy; that is, Anglo-Celtic, Judeo-Christian Western civilisation.
As long as secular Muslim activists are provided a platform by the far-Left to fight imaginary ‘racism’, ‘white privilege’ and ‘colonialism’, they will continue to appropriate the values of the far-Left into their political goals without shame even if that means deviating from established Islamic jurisprudence.
The radicals are easy enough to identify. It’s their secular counterparts that are often more dangerous in the long run, because they’re the ones who end up being elected to parliament and then use the institution as a vehicle to advance their goals.
By her own admission, Dr Faruqi’s speech was precisely that.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print