Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
She Knows the Narrative... (Read 9919 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She Knows the Narrative...
Reply #45 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 11:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 10:14am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:18pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:54pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Loads of land Muslims run was owned by somebody else. I doubt this b itch would admit that.

How charming.

I hate people like her. She's a blow in and has no right to say those things. It's like somebody starting at a new workplace and then telling everybody how to do their job. I like her for one reason. She'll damage the Greens in the eyes of middle Australia.

So why not just say that, rather than the abuse

Because I hate her guts already. I feel like Valkie. The country that I loved so much is going down the toilet.

Because of people like you and Valkie.

and others    Smiley Smiley Smiley

who will remain nameless... Cheesy

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #46 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:01pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 11:57am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 10:04am:
cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:55am:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    he cant answer...

got it bojack... say that again and I report you for personal abuse..

now about that land you own????

Its not slander if its true.

hysterical!!!!   because I ask when are you handing over the land you claim was STOLEN... Smiley Smiley

a perfectly reasonable question under the circumstances..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you believe we are all guilty because of our history.. Roll Eyes

and presumably we  will always be guilty until we all hand our LAND BACK>..

someone has to lead the way pet!

I'm not answering your question until you answer mine. I asked first. And putting four exclamation marks is hysterical

SEE!!!!

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:04pm

what was the question again?.....strewth I thought aussie was the only one.. Sad Sad

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:16pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:04pm:
what was the question again?.....strewth I thought aussie was the only one.. Sad Sad

What was the difference between colonising and invading when you don't acknowledge the presence or rights of the inhabitants already there

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:30pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:16pm:

What was the difference between colonising and invading when you don't acknowledge the presence or rights of the inhabitants already there

what rights aren't being acknowledged.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 12:30pm:

what rights aren't being acknowledged.

Justice Richard Blackburn ruled that Australia had been considered "desert and uncultivated" (a term which included territory in which resided "uncivilized inhabitants in a primitive state of society") before European settlement, and therefore, by the law that applied at the time, open to be claimed by right of occupancy, and that there was no such thing as native title in Australian law.

Pretty much all of them

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Rubbish.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:24pm

invasion... POLAND>FRANCE.

On September 1, 1939, the German army under Adolf Hitler launched an invasion of Poland that triggered the start of World War II (though by 1939 Japan and China were already at war). The battle for Poland only lasted about a month before a Nazi victory. But the invasion plunged the world into a war that would continue for almost six years and claim the lives of tens of millions of people.

colonisation..

I do not think Cpt Cooks discovery and Landing  was any more violent or different to the Pilgrim Fathers landing at Plymouth Massachusetts..

mistakes  I am sure  many were made....land had no titles in those days  and as I wasnt privy to what happened back then... I cant say what was right and what was wrong...

now  when are you handing over the land you have that YOU prefer to claim was STOLEN..

I am sure we can arrange a proper ceremony...

so you will go down in the history books..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:29pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Rubbish.

wait....

you havent heard if bo is going to hand back all that land he feels guilty about owning....

lets be fair dinkum...

he will be the first to hand back the title to his land .. Smiley Smiley you believe that dont you?

that will start an avalanche of all the others that believe we will never correct history  until

whitey owns nothing and aboriginals own everything...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #54 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:32pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:24pm:

invasion... POLAND>FRANCE.

On September 1, 1939, the German army under Adolf Hitler launched an invasion of Poland that triggered the start of World War II (though by 1939 Japan and China were already at war). The battle for Poland only lasted about a month before a Nazi victory. But the invasion plunged the world into a war that would continue for almost six years and claim the lives of tens of millions of people.

colonisation..

I do not think Cpt Cooks discovery and Landing  was any more violent or different to the Pilgrim Fathers landing at Plymouth Massachusetts..

mistakes  I am sure  many were made....land had no titles in those days  and as I wasnt privy to what happened back then... I cant say what was right and what was wrong...

now  when are you handing over the land you have that YOU prefer to claim was STOLEN..

I am sure we can arrange a proper ceremony...

so you will go down in the history books..

So the difference is level of violence? Many Aboriginals were shot. It may not have been declared war but the actual taking over of land without regard to the original inhabitants is much the same.  but in answer to your question. I'm happy to give back my land through native title.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:36pm

cods wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:29pm:
  that will start an avalanche of all the others that believe we will never correct history  until

whitey owns nothing and aboriginals own everything...

And this is what I mean by hysterics. This is not what is suggested here.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:38pm

The only thing missing in her speech was "Final Solution" - final solution for the invaders

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:40pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
The only thing missing in her speech was "Final Solution" - final solution for the invaders

OK, maybe cods wasn't being that hysterical. In comparison.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Notice that she said "I'm not going back to where I came from". Well, that only makes her one of the invaders

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 2:04pm

Bojack Horseman Reply #54 - Today at 1:32pm

Quote:
I'm happy to give back my land through native title.

Some extracts from:

Native Title recognises that Aboriginal people have rights and interests in their lands and waters through their traditional laws and customs; Native title recognises that Indigenous people have traditional rights to speak for country; but native title does not provide Indigenous people with ownership of the land or stop development like land rights under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act does

Native title is not a new type of land grant but a common law right that pre-dates the European settlement of Australia.

The Mabo judgment found that a native title to land existed in 1788 and may continue to exist provided it has not been extinguished by subsequent acts of government and provided Indigenous groups continue to observe their traditional laws and customs.

What rights do you get from native title?

Many native title claims are for shared rights to the land with other people who also have an interest in the land. Recognition of native title may give Indigenous people the right to hold ceremony, gather bush tucker or have a say on what development can happen on the land. Examples of native title rights:

So broadly speaking Bojack you're not gong to give anything back are you?

Because:

1/. Native title does not provide Indigenous people with ownership of the land

2/. Native title may have been extinguished in the past by acts of government and indigenous people must show continuous use of the land

3/. Native title would probably best be described as a shared interest in the land not ownership.

Why go on about it if you're not fair dinkum?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print