Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
She Knows the Narrative... (Read 10109 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She Knows the Narrative...
Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:51am:
oh NO  not more PITY ME speeches..

how can she be classed and aussie   when she refers to our history  as an Invasion  I take serious offence to that. Angry Angry Angry

who voted for this person??? Angry Angry

So what in our history would lead you to believe it wasn't colonised. WHat does Terra Nullius mean?

seriously!   COLONISED also means INVADED..

I didnt know that! Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:12pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 8:48am:

how can she be classed and aussie   when she refers to our history  as an Invasion  I take serious offence to that. Angry Angry Angry

Muslims. Funny though most Muslims would not support LGBITQ or abortion issues.

Edit/ amendment -  I see Barons post that she ... like our current Prime Minister wasn't elected ... just put in the position.

BY THE GREENS..

we have so much to THANK the GREENS for... dont we?..

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:12pm

cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:10pm:

So what in our history would lead you to believe it wasn't colonised. WHat does Terra Nullius mean?

Stop becoming hysterical and start being logical.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:32pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:12pm:

so thats your answer... aussie mk11. Smiley

you wouldnt like me if I became Hysterical!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:42pm

cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:32pm:

Well essentially what is the difference between colonising with no regard to the indigenous population and invading a country with no regard to the indigenous population.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:57pm

Long term, the colonisation of Australia will GREATLY benefit Aboriginals.

Time they got over history and grasped the incredible opportunities available to them.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:42pm:

Well essentially what is the difference between colonising with no regard to the indigenous population and invading a country with no regard to the indigenous population.

ahhh the good old side step.. Grin Grin

yes seriously  mate thats what they did all those years ago..

the Aztecs disappeared entirely... an enormous amount of Africans were made slaves and transported far and wide....

so help me...the founders and settlers   didnt do every thing right no one disputes that... but we cant DO A THING ABOUT IT....

I do not see any other country!!!! whinge as much as this country does..... poo  Timor and Many countries in Sth America speak Portuguese or Spanish  what does that tell you???..
talk about a whingefest....

if it makes you feel any better I am sure our aboriginal chums will take your donation of any land you may think you own.... Angry Angry Angry

cus I dont own any   mine is on loan from the ACT govt  its all in the fine print....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:04pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:57pm:

Time they got over history and grasped the incredible opportunities available to them.

it does now gordy   some folks wont allow them to think about that though..

do you think any other country looks after the native inhabitants as we so??

I watched a report on Bangladesh yesterday   HORRIFIC... I do not see one aboriginal child doing what the children of that country HAVE to do.....

in 2018... it was is unbelievable children working in mines....living side by side with a railway..

its all they know....

its hard to get it out of my head to be honest....it was done for UNICEF.....I would like some of the leaders that do nothing but complain about this country  to sit and watch  maybe even go there   as I believe the smell was beyond belief....

they may come back with a different attitude that may do some good for our aboriginals...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #23 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:14pm

cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:04pm:

I watched a report on Bangladesh yesterday   HORRIFIC... I do not see one aboriginal child doing what the children of that country HAVE to do.....

in 2018... it was is unbelievable children working in mines....living side by side with a railway..

its all they know....

its hard to get it out of my head to be honest....it was done for UNICEF.....I would like some of the leaders that do nothing but complain about this country  to sit and watch  maybe even go there   as I believe the smell was beyond belief....

they may come back with a different attitude that may do some good for our aboriginals...

Aboriginals do face adversity, that's a fact. Racism exists and many are stuck at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, but every year these things improve and their lot is slowly getting better.

My argument that colonization is beneficial to them is based on the premise that a liberal western democracy is so far, the pinnacle of human civilisation.

To arrive at this point, the cultures that developed it bashed, bludgeoned and raped each other mercilessly for a thousand years. Aboriginals have basically had it handed to them on a plate. Not without any suffering, but looking at the bloody history leading that forged western democracy, they got it easy.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:29pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:14pm:
cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:04pm:

its all they know....

Aboriginals do face adversity, that's a fact. Racism exists and many are stuck at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, but every year these things improve and their lot is slowly getting better.

My argument that colonization is beneficial to them is based on the premise that a liberal western democracy is so far, the pinnacle of human civilisation.

To arrive at this point, the cultures that developed it bashed, bludgeoned and raped each other mercilessly for a thousand years. Aboriginals have basically had it handed to them on a plate. Not without any suffering, but looking at the bloody history leading that forged western democracy, they got it easy.

they are not badly treated by the GOVT gordy and thats who they keep demanding more from....

govts have bent over backwards for a long time now to make up for the events of the past.. but nothing changes..

can we or a govt drag them from the outback?????>.

no we cant! it is their choice....

if I choose to live in a cave  then blame the govt for me getting sick  or sniffing glue..    would anyone feel sorry for me??...

we cant change anyone  they have to change themselves......and a lot of devious people  want to keep them living in the dark ages.,....living on charity for another 100 years... Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:34pm

watch this show gordy... I doubt we have ever had anything like this EVER happen in this country..

https://www.unicef.org.au/blog/news-and-insights/august-2018/the-photographer-sh...

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:37pm

Loads of land Muslims run was owned by somebody else. I doubt this b itch would admit that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:42pm

cods wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:42pm:

ahhh the good old side step.. Grin Grin

yes seriously  mate thats what they did all those years ago..

the Aztecs disappeared entirely... an enormous amount of Africans were made slaves and transported far and wide....

so help me...the founders and settlers   didnt do every thing right no one disputes that... but we cant DO A THING ABOUT IT....

I do not see any other country!!!! whinge as much as this country does..... poo  Timor and Many countries in Sth America speak Portuguese or Spanish  what does that tell you???..
talk about a whingefest....

if it makes you feel any better I am sure our aboriginal chums will take your donation of any land you may think you own.... Angry Angry Angry

cus I dont own any   mine is on loan from the ACT govt  its all in the fine print....

How is that a side step, thats the actual question being posed.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:43pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Loads of land Muslims run was owned by somebody else. I doubt this b itch would admit that.

How charming.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:37pm:

How charming.

I hate people like her. She's a blow in and has no right to say those things. It's like somebody starting at a new workplace and then telling everybody how to do their job. I like her for one reason. She'll damage the Greens in the eyes of middle Australia.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print