Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Auggie wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:01pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:59pm:
Auggie wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
Dear Gmods.

Jovial Monk has a WWW button under his posts with a link to his site.
Given his history as a doxxer, I suspect it's there to harvest the IPs of people who accidentally or unknowingly click on it.

I implore the Gmods to somehow remove or disable this for the safety and privacy of all forum users.

Gordie, I hate to say this about you: but you're just being a troll here. Monk is a genuine and good bloke who doesn't dox and has never doxxed people.

I have complete confidence in Jovial Monk as the manager of any forum, and I implore readers to completely disregard Gordon's nonsensical post.

It's just trolling: plain and simple. You're better than that, Gordon.

I posted that after read a post where a Gmod replied to Monk doxxing him.  I have no special relationship with this gmod, and I believe he's banned me a number of times.

And you think the GMod was genuine? Or were they just stirring the pot?

I have no reason not to. And for the record,  I mostly get on OK with monk. I have no major beef with him.

Which is why you created this thread. A bit overkill isn't it?

Aussie also has access to the IPs there.  I don't want him having access to my IP thx.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: A safety concern
Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:14pm

freediver wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
Yes I have plenty of evidence. No I am not going to post it. I try to avoid drawing attention to privacy breaches.

Yes, I can confirm that is quite right. 

But why must a Member whose privacy has been breached be forced by a GMod to prove their identity (thus exposing their privacy) before the GMod would act to protect that privacy?

Freediver, I am happy to have an open discussion about this on whatever platform you choose, but there is a real and current problem which needs to be sorted. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:15pm

It is my position that you should not have to prove it is your personal information, and I am doing my best to force my opinion onto others.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:20pm

freediver wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:15pm:
It is my position that you should not have to prove it is your personal information, and I am doing my best to force my opinion onto others.

Well, Vic forced me to do exactly that.....I proved I was not crying wolf, thus exposing my privacy to him......and he remains a GMod.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:24pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:20pm:

Well, Vic forced me to do exactly that.....I proved I was not crying wolf, thus exposing my privacy to him......and he remains a GMod.

Err wrong.  It was not me.  As I recall you posted a driver's licence or something to Setanta and FD.    I have never asked you to prove anything.     What good would it do?  Unless we were face to face and I could see that the evidence was you, it would achieve nothing.  You have your GMs mixed up - again

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:50pm

freediver wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:10pm:
I don't care whether he feels threatened or whether he does it in retaliation.

So, you don't believe that it's reasonable for a person to doxx another person if he is threatened? And should not therefore be judged according to the same standard as a person who doxxes just for kicks?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:57pm

Vic wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:24pm:

Err wrong.  It was not me.  As I recall you posted a driver's licence or something to Setanta and FD.    I have never asked you to prove anything.     What good would it do?  Unless we were face to face and I could see that the evidence was you, it would achieve nothing.  You have your GMs mixed up - again

Hello???????? Aussie??????????  Hello????????

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 8:15pm

please provide evidence for this.    I call you out.  If you cannot provide evidence I believe it becomes personal abuse

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 8:19pm

So.....where did that long post of mine go?

I have now done a PM search.  I was wrong.  It was Gandalf who would not act on the 5th November last when Neferti posted my details.

I unreservedly withdraw the comment that it was Vic, and I apologise for that error.  It was not Vic.

The basic relevant point remains the same.  The GMod would not act without proof of ID.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #24 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 8:19pm:
So.....where did that long post of mine go?

I have now done a PM search.  I was wrong.  It was Gandalf who would not act on the 5th November last when Neferti posted my details.

I unreservedly withdraw the comment that it was Vic, and I apologise for that error.  It was not Vic.

The basic relevant point remains the same.  The GMod would not act without proof of ID.

FD has advised me on how far you can go in this thread.  I deleted your comments.      DO NOT accuse  me again Aussie without evidence.   I am locking this thread.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print