Send Topic Print
Ask a muslim (Read 7442 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Ask a muslim
Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:01pm

You can ask that: Muslim teenager wants you to ask questions about her faith

A simple trip to the chemist to buy perfume is etched into the memory of a young Muslim woman from regional Queensland.

Imaan Ashraf was just 14 when she and her mother, who wears a niqab, were approached by an older lady in Mackay.

"Mum was really decked out in a bright pink niqab with flowers, and this lady came up and started asking things like 'why do you cover your face? Don't you like our country?'" Imaan said.

"Mum handled it really well, she smiled and said she was happy to show this person her face, it was no big deal".

Imaan, who also chooses to wear a headscarf, said while she is happy to answer any questions, they need to come from a place of openness.

"As long as people are asking out of curiosity, and they have a real reason for asking, that's OK," she said.

"It opens up discussion and dialogue.

Etc. You know a puff piece when you see one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-18/muslim-teenager-wants-you-to-ask-her-quest...

Perfume, make-up and other Western frivolities are a sign of Western decadence. Why would a female muslim want to tart herself up in the style of a Western woman. Aren't muslim women supposed to be modest?

Why would I ask a muslim? Didn't we go to all the trouble of building libraries where the curious mind thirsting for knowledge can find nourishment.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Ask a muslim
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:57am

salad in wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
You can ask that: Muslim teenager wants you to ask questions about her faith

A simple trip to the chemist to buy perfume is etched into the memory of a young Muslim woman from regional Queensland.

Imaan Ashraf was just 14 when she and her mother, who wears a niqab, were approached by an older lady in Mackay.

"Mum was really decked out in a bright pink niqab with flowers, and this lady came up and started asking things like 'why do you cover your face? Don't you like our country?'" Imaan said.

"Mum handled it really well, she smiled and said she was happy to show this person her face, it was no big deal".

Imaan, who also chooses to wear a headscarf, said while she is happy to answer any questions, they need to come from a place of openness.

"As long as people are asking out of curiosity, and they have a real reason for asking, that's OK," she said.

"It opens up discussion and dialogue.

Etc. You know a puff piece when you see one.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-18/muslim-teenager-wants-you-to-ask-her-quest...

Perfume, make-up and other Western frivolities are a sign of Western decadence. Why would a female muslim want to tart herself up in the style of a Western woman. Aren't muslim women supposed to be modest?

Why would I ask a muslim? Didn't we go to all the trouble of building libraries where the curious mind thirsting for knowledge can find nourishment.

Perfume AND some aftershave....

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:05am

Quote:
Nervous neighbours

In the days after the September 11 terrorist attacks in America, Mackay resident, Michelle Stewart said she became very nervous.

"For weeks after I was consumed by the tragedy and became anxious and depressed," she said.

"I became a recluse and started having anxiety attacks."

Someone should tell Ms Stewart that the twin towers were demolished and it takes more than six months to outfit the buildings with explosives.

I wonder would she still blame muslims for 9/11.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:20am

I would, but then I'm not a CONSPIRANUT.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28am

Grendel wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:20am:

You do realize that those buildings were designed to take a hit anywhere on the structure from an aeroplane very similar in size to those that hit the buildings flying at around 550mph.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28am:

You do realize that those buildings were designed to take a hit anywhere on the structure from an aeroplane very similar in size to those that hit the buildings flying at around 550mph.

Do you realise the architecture and materials are completely different then and now? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 12:18pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
Ajax wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28am:

Do you realise the architecture and materials are completely different then and now? Roll Eyes

Yep sure are.

Computer programs such as finite element analysis can only make for a stronger structure.

Materials technology has also come along way both steel and concrete being much much stronger than in those days

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 1:11pm

You don't have to, Grendel. You speak to your Muslim friends all the time.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 4:49pm

North American B-25H Mitchell medium bomber:

Quote:
General characteristics

Crew: 6 (one pilot, one co-pilot, navigator/bombardier, turret gunner/engineer, radio operator/waist gunner, tail gunner)
    Length: 52 ft 11 in (16.13 m)
    Wingspan: 67 ft 7 in (20.60 m)
    Height: 16 ft 4 in (4.98 m)
    Wing area: 610 sq ft (56.7 m˛)
    Empty weight: 19,480 lb (8,855 kg)
    Max. takeoff weight: 35,000 lb (15,910 kg)
    Powerplant: 2 × Wright R-2600-92 Twin Cyclone 14-cylinder air-cooled radial engine, 1,700 hp (1,267 kW) each

[Source]

On 11 September, two variants of the Boeing 767 crashed into the World Trade Center, Airlines Flight 11, a 767-200ER and United Airlines Flight 175, a 767-200:

767-200ER
Max. payload 78,390 lb (35,557 kg )

767-200
Max. payload  73,350 lb (33,271 kg )

Otherwise the two variants are identical in size:

Length         159 ft 2in (48.51m)
Winspan      156 ft 1in (47.57m)
Engines       2 x P&W JT9D
Passengers  174
[Source

You really cannot compare one hit, by a WWII Medium Bomber with two hits from large, wide-body, modern airliners.   They are orders of magnitude difference.

The hit by a B-25 caused minor damage to a building designed in the 1930s.  The hits by the 767s caused major damage to a building designed in the 1970s.   The results were spectacularly different.

Please stop the bullshit claims that it was all a "false flag" operation and that the WTC had been prepared for demolition over a series of months before hand.   It is just conspiranut crap.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:12pm

thanks brian saved me doing it.

oi Klownal....  you need to P-off TROLL.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:25pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:29pm

If  I see or talk to a single muslim woman I ask-

Is your husband out with one of his other wives?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
North American B-25H Mitchell medium bomber:

Quote:
General characteristics

Crew: 6 (one pilot, one co-pilot, navigator/bombardier, turret gunner/engineer, radio operator/waist gunner, tail gunner)
    Length: 52 ft 11 in (16.13 m)
    Wingspan: 67 ft 7 in (20.60 m)
    Height: 16 ft 4 in (4.98 m)
    Wing area: 610 sq ft (56.7 m˛)
    Empty weight: 19,480 lb (8,855 kg)
    Max. takeoff weight: 35,000 lb (15,910 kg)
    Powerplant: 2 × Wright R-2600-92 Twin Cyclone 14-cylinder air-cooled radial engine, 1,700 hp (1,267 kW) each

[Source]

On 11 September, two variants of the Boeing 767 crashed into the World Trade Center, Airlines Flight 11, a 767-200ER and United Airlines Flight 175, a 767-200:

767-200ER
Max. payload 78,390 lb (35,557 kg )

767-200
Max. payload  73,350 lb (33,271 kg )

Otherwise the two variants are identical in size:

Length         159 ft 2in (48.51m)
Winspan      156 ft 1in (47.57m)
Engines       2 x P&W JT9D
Passengers  174
[Source

You really cannot compare one hit, by a WWII Medium Bomber with two hits from large, wide-body, modern airliners.   They are orders of magnitude difference.

The hit by a B-25 caused minor damage to a building designed in the 1930s.  The hits by the 767s caused major damage to a building designed in the 1970s.   The results were spectacularly different.

Please stop the bullshit claims that it was all a "false flag" operation and that the WTC had been prepared for demolition over a series of months before hand.   It is just conspiranut crap.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hey Brian

Where did I say anything about comparing the B25 hit on the empire state to the 767 hits on the twin towers.

Where did I say that the impact force would be the same or similar.

By showing the B25 I was just showing that planes have hit buildings before.

Where did you marry the two.....????

I said

Quote:
Someone should tell Ms Stewart that the twin towers were demolished and it takes more than six months to outfit the buildings with explosives.

I wonder would she still blame muslims for 9/11.

Quote:

Quote:
Yep sure are.

Computer programs such as finite element analysis can only make for a stronger structure.

Materials technology has also come along way both steel and concrete being much much stronger than in those days

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:37pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:12pm:

Your solution to someone with a different view.

Brand him a troll and insult him.

Well buster you go on believing everything you are told through the box.

If that makes you happy, no skin of my nose.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 7:42pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:37pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:12pm:

Your solution to someone with a different view.

Brand him a troll and insult him.

Well buster you go on believing everything you are told through the box.

If that makes you happy, no skin of my nose.

Ajax, i don't particularly like brian but if he stops lying and flaming and Trolling I will acknowledge him and his points.
otherwise I'll call him out for what he does.

If you want to be a Conspiranut and ignore the proof and the experts fine.

I was up all that night watching the thing.  it wasn't a fake. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 7:49pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print