Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Exempt from Australian law (Read 5531 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Exempt from Australian law
Aug 18th, 2018 at 2:16pm

Guess the religion. I'll post the full article and link later.

_______ leader accused of illegal land clearing claims his group is exempt from Australian law

A religious leader accused of illegal land clearing on a rural property used for religious prayer has claimed a _____  Sydney council is infringing on his group's religious freedoms by pursuing him over the allegations.

Hawkesbury City Council has launched civil action against Dr _______ and ________ in the Land and Environment Court, alleging they carried out illegal land clearing, earthworks and built gates, fences and driveways without seeking any of the relevant development approvals at a property in Colo, in Sydney's north west.

________, a former member of then Prime Minister John Howard's ________ Community Reference Group and past postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University, is the ________ of religious guild ________.

A letter he wrote to a council staff member, filed in the court documents, says the members of the guild live "separated from secular lifestyles to pursue a religious mode of worship and an ascetic lifestyle under an oath of self-sacrifice and dedication to the purposes of ________.

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Exempt from Australian law
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 3:01pm

Hutt River Province.

Guess the religion.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:00pm

Islamic leader accused of illegal land clearing claims his group is exempt from Australian law.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-18/islamic-leader-accused-of-land-clearing-cl...

A religious leader accused of illegal land clearing on a rural property used for religious prayer has claimed a Western Sydney council is infringing on his group's religious freedoms by pursuing him over the allegations.
Key Points

Hawskbury Council launches court action against Dr Mustapha Kara-Ali and Diaa Kara-Ali, claiming they carried out illegal land clearing and other works without DAs
    The Kara-Alis use the property to pursue religious worship with religious guild Diwan Al Dawla
    They claim their group qualifies as a basic religious charity and is therefore exempt from Australian law

Hawkesbury City Council has launched civil action against Dr Mustapha Kara-Ali and Diaa Kara-Ali in the Land and Environment Court, alleging they carried out illegal land clearing, earthworks and built gates, fences and driveways without seeking any of the relevant development approvals at a property in Colo, in Sydney's north west.

Mustapha Kara-Ali, a former member of then Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim Community Reference Group and past postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University, is the Imam of religious guild Diwan Al Dawla.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:29pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
Hutt River Province.

Guess the religion.

Was Hutt River Province given freedom from Australian Law?

It seems not.

Was Casley given religious exemption?

It seems not.

Was Casley given exemption from taxation?

It seems not.

Religious freedom doesn't give exemption to planning laws.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:34pm

One man and his religious sect does not represent the views of all Muslims.  I wish you Islamophobes would understand that this man no more represents the majority of Muslims' views than does the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church represent the views of the majority of Christians.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:58pm

then you and your TROLL mates wont ever cite Westboro again then will you Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:05pm

Not all snakes are venomous, but with snakes, you can identify them. They don't suddenly develop venom and start biting people.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:44pm

The conflict between council and the Kara-Alis came to a head last month when three council officers visited the property to provide them with court papers.

A dashcam video tendered to the court shows a man, standing beside Mustapha Kara-Ali, spitting on council staff and attempting to throw a large rock, which hits the fence and then falls to the ground.

"Both men were repeatedly yelling obscenities from the other side of the gate, calling out 'you dogs, I step on your cross'," one of the council staff alleged in an affidavit.

"The unknown male person said 'I spit on you'. He then lunged his head forward towards me and spat at me."

nice!

Radicalized crazies I'm sure, only the AK47s are missing

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
One man and his religious sect does not represent the views of all Muslims.  I wish you Islamophobes would understand that this man no more represents the majority of Muslims' views than does the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church represent the views of the majority of Christians.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Who represents the views of the majority of muslims, Bwian?

Who represents the views of the majority of Austalians? Americans? Westerners?

You are a rare idiot and I am surprised every time I see your posts - you are evidently unaware of just how banal and self-contradictory you are. I am also saddened because your utter lack of self-awareness and elementary consistency is not at all unique. You are just more out there with your laughable stupidity than most others.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:53pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:44pm:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/10134492-3x2-700x467.jpg

The conflict between council and the Kara-Alis came to a head last month when three council officers visited the property to provide them with court papers.

A dashcam video tendered to the court shows a man, standing beside Mustapha Kara-Ali, spitting on council staff and attempting to throw a large rock, which hits the fence and then falls to the ground.

"Both men were repeatedly yelling obscenities from the other side of the gate, calling out 'you dogs, I step on your cross'," one of the council staff alleged in an affidavit.

"The unknown male person said 'I spit on you'. He then lunged his head forward towards me and spat at me."

nice!

Radicalized crazies I'm sure, only the AK47s are missing

That pony looks a bit cagey and is trying to pull away from da bruvvers.... 'please, not again, please I'm  no catsmeat,' its eyes are pleading.....

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:16pm

Pity you didn't think about that when you used them as an example of christian radicals to counter the claims about Islamic radicals .... who outnumber the Westboro congregation by millions.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 5:46pm:

Who represents the views of the majority of muslims, Bwian?

Who represents the views of the majority of Austalians? Americans? Westerners?

You are a rare idiot and I am surprised every time I see your posts - you are evidently unaware of just how banal and self-contradictory you are. I am also saddened because your utter lack of self-awareness and elementary consistency is not at all unique. You are just more out there with your laughable stupidity than most others.

I'll second those sentiments.

Well put & completely apt.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:22pm

Quote:

Islamic leader accused of illegal land clearing claims his group is exempt from Australian law
By Kathleen Calderwood

Updated 47 minutes ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-18/islamic-leader-accused-of-land-clearing-cl...

In places like Europe, the UK, the USA, Australia
ISLAMIC teachers [imam's] and community spokesmen, always assure the people of those nations, that;
'Moslems are obligated to always obey the 'laws of the land' where they reside.'

[** '....except where local laws conflict with ISLAMIC law'.]

**         this, is the part of that ISLAMIC legal 'determination' which the moslem always omits when he quotes that ISLAMIC legal 'determination', to the non-moslem.

Don't stress.

Ask any moslem.

To 'Aussie' moslems,       Australia is a moslem nation,      and so, ISLAMIC law applies.

And so, the moslem, is always justified.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Quote:

GoGnads......What 'sentiments?'  It was just a crazy unsubstantiated rant.

Quote:

Precise' what he said for me.....given you have made sense of it.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:37pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Quote:

GoGnads......What 'sentiments?'  It was just a crazy unsubstantiated rant.

Quote:

Precise' what he said for me.....given you have made sense of it.

No more a crazy unsubstantiated rant than half your shyte.

It was an expressed opinion ... a "sentiment"  that I concur with.

"Precise" what he said for me"?  Care to translate?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print