Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
the 100 day cough, which adults get (Read 3792 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
the 100 day cough, which adults get
Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:29pm

There was an item on ch7 TV news this evening.....

Google;

Reportedly, some people are dying, after contracting this 'cough'.

My commiserations to you who are ill-at-ease,     and who have a bad 'cough'.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533354693/4#4

Does the God of creation, teach man anything ?

Can the God of creation, teach anything to men, today ?

['No. There is no God. God is just a myth']

God speaks to us, if we have ears to hear.

Deuteronomy 7:11
Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.
12  Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
13  And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
14  Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.
15  And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
18  O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Psalms 25:12
What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: the 100 day cough, which adults get
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 11:52am

Yadda wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:29pm:

There was an item on ch7 TV news this evening.....

Google;

Reportedly, some people are dying, after contracting this 'cough'.

My commiserations to you who are ill-at-ease,     and who have a bad 'cough'.

Why do you start a thread and then ask the reader to do their own googling?
If you have something to say then say it, or provide a link to it.

Asking the reader to google means you are a lazy git or you have something to hide.

In this case what you have to hide is that the 100 day cough is actually another name for the whooping cough

Quote:
Whooping cough is also called pertussis. It is an infection of the lungs and airways. It causes a person to cough violently and uncontrollably. This can make it hard for the person to breathe.

Whooping cough is a serious disease because it can lead to pneumonia, brain damage and sometimes death.

Whooping cough is caused by a type of bacteria called Bordetella pertussis.

Vaccination is the best protection against whooping cough.
https://beta.health.gov.au/health-topics/whooping-cough-pertussis

Whooping Cough is making a comeback as a serious disease because ignorant and ill informed people like you are causing vaccination rates to drop

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:18pm

Yes, i'm a lazy git AND,       i would like [all] others to think about information that they are being presented with [on many various issues].

It is mentally healthy, imo, to have a mind which is prepared to challenge every per-conceived notion, in order to prove or disprove every established, deeply held paradigm.

Not to destroy what is there, in order to be able to replace what is already established, with something new [for the sake of 'the new'].

But in order to examine, and re-establish and confirm what we     believe      to be true.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:23pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 11:52am:

Whooping Cough is making a comeback as a serious disease because ignorant and ill informed people like you are causing vaccination rates to drop

That is quite a charge, you make against me.   !!!!!

And of course, a person such as yourself, would never make any unqualified and unsubstantiated claim against someone else ?

/sarc off

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 1:37pm

Adults get whooping cough, children get whooping cough.

But I ask the same question, what is the intent of this thread?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 12:14pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 12:18pm:
It is mentally healthy, imo, to have a mind which is prepared to challenge every per-conceived notion, in order to prove or disprove every established, deeply held paradigm.

But it is not mentally healthy to rely upon internet bloggers and you tube videos (or primitive scripture written thousands of years ago) as an argument against experts who are highly educated in their field.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:11pm

Last year, I was coughing for a few months. My own fault, really. I allowed myself to get sick by not sheltering during cold wet days, and I pushed the limit on my immune system. I was coughing 60 days out of the first few months of seasonal winter.

This year, I was better prepared for the winter. Eating better, etc. I got the cough for a couple weeks in conjunction with my cold. Two weeks went by, and I was recovered. This time, I only purchased one bottle of cough medicine. Last year, I think I went through 4 bottles over a 60 day period.

100 day coughs are not unusual for this time of year. Keep your immune system healthy with vitamin C, and you should be able to avoid or reduce the coughs, colds and flus.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:34pm

Quote:

.....I allowed myself to get sick by not sheltering during cold wet days, and I pushed the limit on my immune system.

If we have a cough, it is because we have phlegm [in our air-ways].

If we have phlegm in our air-ways it is because our system [our whole body] is 'congested' [with things that our body wants rid of!].

If our system [our body] is 'congested', it is almost certainly because of persistently poor dietary habits.

And if our system [our body] is 'congested', it means that our immune system is certainly WEAK.

I'm not a medical doctor.

But i am healthy, and i am 'old'.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am

I sometimes think we havn't progressed much from the dark ages with some of the old wives tales posted as medical advice by some of the members here

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 10:26am

Yadda wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:34pm:
Quote:

.....I allowed myself to get sick by not sheltering during cold wet days, and I pushed the limit on my immune system.

If we have phlegm in our air-ways it is because our system [our whole body] is 'congested' [with things that our body wants rid of!].

If our system [our body] is 'congested', it is almost certainly because of persistently poor dietary habits.

And if our system [our body] is 'congested', it means that our immune system is certainly WEAK.

No actually the cough reflex has nothing to do with phlegm. Its about irritation, even gas is enough to irritate the receptors and cause the reflex.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 10:26am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Last year, I was coughing for a few months. My own fault, really. I allowed myself to get sick by not sheltering during cold wet days, and I pushed the limit on my immune system. I was coughing 60 days out of the first few months of seasonal winter.

This year, I was better prepared for the winter. Eating better, etc. I got the cough for a couple weeks in conjunction with my cold. Two weeks went by, and I was recovered. This time, I only purchased one bottle of cough medicine. Last year, I think I went through 4 bottles over a 60 day period.

100 day coughs are not unusual for this time of year. Keep your immune system healthy with vitamin C, and you should be able to avoid or reduce the coughs, colds and flus.

All you do with high doses of Vitamin C is have expensive urine.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:38am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 10:26am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:11pm:

All you do with high doses of Vitamin C is have expensive urine.

Maybe I should bottle up the pee and sell it to you at a bargain price?

No, I mean, getting your vitamin C from eating fruits and vegetables. I have not bought vitamin C tablets since I refined my supplements purchases in 2016.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:40am

Quote:

No actually the cough reflex has nothing to do with phlegm. Its about irritation, even gas is enough to irritate the receptors and cause the reflex.

Well, that just reiterates what Yadda was saying. And Yadda was doing a roundabout way of saying what I was implying.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:51am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:40am:
Quote:

Well, that just reiterates what Yadda was saying. And Yadda was doing a roundabout way of saying what I was implying.

No it smacking doesn't. He said you cough because of phlegm. Its not because of phlegm. Its due to irritation. And you're both idiots when it comes to health.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 11:20am

No actually the cough reflex has nothing to do with phlegm.

Its about irritation, even gas is enough to irritate the receptors and cause the reflex.

Google;
purpose of mucus, in the body

phlegm = = mucus

Quote:

Mucus serves to protect epithelial cells (that line the tubes) in the respiratory, gastrointestinal, urogenital, visual, and auditory systems; the epidermis in amphibians; and the gills in fish, against infectious agents such as fungi, bacteria and viruses.

- wiki

If we have a cough [phlegm, mucus], it is because 'infectious agents' are irritating our bodies cells.

Phlegm, or mucus, is an 'encasement' around 'infectious agents',      an 'encasement' which the body creates, in order to try to protect its own delicate cells.

Dictionary;
encase = = enclose or cover in a case or close-fitting surround.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print