Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
78% of aid for Palestinians goes to Israelis (Read 2201 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 78% of aid for Palestinians goes to Israelis
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:46pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:20pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
These are people who use their own children as human shields. Is Un4 offering its services?

Are these the same people who throw their own children overboard ?

You are so naive, I wished I lived in your bubble.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #16 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:03pm

Israel commits atrocities while Australia collaborates by looking away and staying silent.

Israel's shooting of Palestinian people over the Gaza fence is a crime.

Israel oppresses the Palestinians and illegally steals their land and commits crimes against humanity with the collaboration of the USA, the UK, Australia, and the silence of other nations.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:37pm

And yet all the Palestinians have to do is stop attacking Israel. They teach their children to hate Jews from birth, they are the architects and instigators of their own genocide.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #18 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:43pm

rhino wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
And yet all the Palestinians have to do is stop attacking Israel. They teach their children to hate Jews from birth, they are the architects and instigators of their own genocide.

Its their duty to resist and defy occupation and oppression.

Israel has turned Gaza into a concentration camp.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #19 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:56pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:41am:
rhino wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:24am:
What are the Palestiniens going to do with it, make more rockets to fire at Israel.?

Israel would sell them the components?

You really are an idiot!

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:59pm

Fuzzball wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:41am:
rhino wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:24am:
What are the Palestiniens going to do with it, make more rockets to fire at Israel.?

Israel would sell them the components?

You really are an idiot!

Are you professing idiocy expertise?

Be careful, you are treading on Valkie's turf.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #21 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 2:00pm

rhino wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
And yet all the Palestinians have to do is stop attacking Israel.

If Israel did not have in place an active program of eventual genocide of Palestinian homelands - Palestine would have no need to be proactive in the fight for its very existence

Imagine this - Menzies plan to give the top half of Australia to Japan, as part of a WW2 peace treaty - had proceeded
Now you find that the Japanese are forcibly moving the Japan-Australia border a few mile south, every year

Would you pro-actively defend your country NOW - or wait until it is completely annexed by Japan ?

This is the decision Palestine faces

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #22 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:48pm

Better the Jews than the retarded muzzos.

We are killing two birds with one stone
One getting on the good side of all the money on earth
And
Eliminating muzzos

Go Jews.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:38pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 11:57am:
freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
If you want someone you can trust not to give the money to terrorists, that would be a good start.

Despite Israel - and allied anti-Muslim governments (the US, Australia, etc) calling Hamas a "terrorist organisation - Hamas remains the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED governmental representation of the Palestinian people

Who ELSE would support and speak for them ?

If the west believes "terrorists" rule Palestine - they need to take a good, hard look at how this came to be

On the Hamas election victory, an irate Israel applied what they jokingly referred to as the "Palestinian Diet"

https://socialtextjournal.org/periscope_article/putting-palestinians-on-a-diet/

This involved severely cutting food supplies allowed into Palestinian lands at the borders - blocked by IDF forces
Not enough to kill - just enough to cause mild malnutrition and ill-health - as a punishment

The "Palestinian Diet" is based on a scientifically calculated calories per person, per day, in food allowed through by the IDF

All humanitarian crisis aid is distrbuted by the IDF
International humanitarian aid agencies are NOT permitted to directly hand a Palestinian so much as cup of lentils

The men of West Bank and Gaza are ranked 8th in the world for obesity, the women are ranked 3rd in the world for highest obesity levels.

The lefties are showing how retarded they are again.  Smiley

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 12:14am:
It's a monster rip-off and it seems the Israelis are addicted to ripping off Palestinian aid money.

https://mondoweiss.net/2016/03/study-at-least-78-of-humanitarian-aid-intended-fo...

Quote:
Study: At least 78% of humanitarian aid intended for Palestinians ends up in Israeli coffers
Israel/Palestine Jonathan Cook on March 8, 2016 12 Comments

Diplomats may have a reputation for greyness, obfuscation, even hypocrisy, but few have found themselves compared to a serial killer, let alone one who devours human flesh.

That honour befell Laars Faaborg-Andersen, the European Union’s ambassador to Israel, last week when Jewish settlers launched a social media campaign casting him as Hannibal Lecter, the terrifying character from the film Silence of the Lambs.

An image of the Danish diplomat wearing Lecter’s prison face-mask was supposed to suggest that Europe needs similar muzzling.

The settlers’ grievance relates to European aid, which has provided temporary shelter to Palestinian Bedouin families after the Israeli army demolished their homes in the occupied territories near Jerusalem. The emergency housing has helped them remain on land coveted by Israel and the settlers.

European officials, outraged by the Lecter comparison, have reminded Tel Aviv that, were it to abide by international law, Israel – not the EU – would be taking responsibility for these families’ welfare.

While Europe may think of itself as part of an enlightened West, using aid to defend Palestinians’ rights, the reality is less reassuring. The aid may actually be making things significantly worse.

Shir Hever, an Israeli economist who has spent years piecing together the murky economics of the occupation, recently published a report that makes shocking reading.

Like others, he believes international aid has allowed Israel to avoid footing the bill for its decades-old occuption. But he goes further.

His astonishing conclusion – one that may surprise Israel’s settlers – is that at least 78 per cent of humanitarian aid intended for Palestinians ends up in Israel’s coffers.

The sums involved are huge. The Palestinians under occupation are among the most aid-dependent in the world, receiving more than $2bn from the international community a year. According to Hever, donors could be directly subsidising up to a third of the occupation’s costs.

Other forms of Israeli profiteering have been identified in previous studies.

In 2013 the World Bank very conservatively estimated that the Palestinians lose at least $3.4bn a year in resources plundered by Israel.

Further, Israel’s refusal to make peace with the Palestinians, and as a consequence the rest of the region, is used to justify Washington’s annual $3bn in military aid.

Israel also uses the occupied territories as laboratories for testing weapons and surveillance systems on Palestinians – and then exports its expertise. Israel’s military and cyber industries are hugely profitable, generating many billions of dollars of income each year.

A survey published last week found tiny Israel to be the eighth most powerful country in the world.

But whereas these income streams are a recognisable, if troubling, windfall from Israel’s occupation, western humanitarian aid to the Palestinians is clearly intended for the victims, not the victors.

So how is Israel creaming off so much?

The problem, says Hever, is Israel’s self-imposed role as mediator. To reach the Palestinians, donors have no choice but to go through Israel. This provides ripe opportunities for what he terms “aid subversion” and “aid diversion”.

The first results from the Palestinians being a captive market. They have access to few goods and services that are not Israeli.

Who Profits?, an Israeli organisation monitoring the economic benefits for Israel in the occupation, assesses that dairy firm Tnuva enjoys a monopoly in the West Bank worth $60 million annually.

Aid diversion, meanwhile, occurs because Israel controls all movement of people and goods. Israeli restrictions mean it gets to charge for transportation and storage, and levy “security” fees.

Other studies have identified additional profits from “aid destruction”. When Israel wrecks foreign-funded aid projects, Palestinians lose – but Israel often benefits.

Cement-maker Nesher, for example, is reported to control 85 per cent of all construction by Israelis and Palestinians, including the supplies for rebuilding efforts in Gaza after Israel’s repeated rampages.

Significant segments of Israeli society, aside from those in the security industries, are lining their pockets from the occupation. Paradoxically, the label “the most aid-dependent people in the world” – usually affixed to the Palestinians – might be better used to describe Israelis.

What can be done? International law expert Richard Falk notes that Israel is exploiting an aid oversight vacuum: there are no requirements on donors to ensure their money reaches the intended recipients.

What the international community has done over the past 20 years of the Oslo process – inadvertently or otherwise – is offer Israel financial incentives to stabilise and entrench its rule over the Palestinians. It can do so relatively cost-free. ...

The Israelis do nothing of the sort gullible idiots like you believe anything.

Perhaps the solution is cutting all aid to Palestine.  Cool

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:00pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Perhaps the solution is cutting all aid to Palestine.

Israel would be bankrupted.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:03pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Perhaps the solution is cutting all aid to Palestine.

Israel would be bankrupted.

I doubt it, do you have a USB flash drive do 2 Israelis have the patent for that?

Get a job and pay some taxes ya dopey bum

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #27 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:38pm:
If you want someone you can trust not to give the money to terrorists, that would be a good start.

Despite Israel - and allied anti-Muslim governments (the US, Australia, etc) calling Hamas a "terrorist organisation - Hamas remains the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED governmental representation of the Palestinian people

If the west believes "terrorists" rule Palestine - they need to take a good, hard look at how this came to be

On the Hamas election victory, an irate Israel applied what they jokingly referred to as the "Palestinian Diet"

This involved severely cutting food supplies allowed into Palestinian lands at the borders - blocked by IDF forces
Not enough to kill - just enough to cause mild malnutrition and ill-health - as a punishment

The "Palestinian Diet" is based on a scientifically calculated calories per person, per day, in food allowed through by the IDF

International humanitarian aid agencies are NOT permitted to directly hand a Palestinian so much as cup of lentils

The men of West Bank and Gaza are ranked 8th in the world for obesity, the women are ranked 3rd in the world for highest obesity levels.

The lefties are showing how retarded they are again.  Smiley

Perhaps you could share with us the relevance of average adult Palestinian weight up to 2004 - on an international food aid blockade applied by Israel - in 2007 ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:47pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:22pm:

Israel oppresses the Palestinians and illegally steals their land and commits crimes against humanity with the collaboration of the USA, the UK, Australia, and the silence of other nations.

Why don't you STFU & get your ass over there & make a difference? ....

seeings you have nothing good to say about anything Australian or of the western allies.

Your're all p1ss & wind.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:44pm

aquascoot wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 6:12am:
its not the israelis fault.

this is a natural law of how systems operate.

the Pareto principle.

once you start to become successful, more and more success accrues to you

once you start down the slope, failure accelerates.

i assume you have played monopoly.

its a very popular game because from a pragmatic point of view it reflects reality..

in the end , one person ALWAYS has all the fake cash and all the little pieces of plastic.

when Unforgiven gets his own planet , he can set it up however he wants , but here on planet earth, thats just how things are and blaming israel is a "non productive mode of being"

Good point, Aquascoot. We should give our whole foreign aid budget to the US.

WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, no?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print