Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Crossing the River Rubicon (Read 2146 times)
Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Crossing the River Rubicon
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
Auggie wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 6:50pm:
Valkie wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
Didnt Rome fall?

Probably all the political correctness.

It invited too many incomparable foreigners into its lands.

Rome is nothing but another field civilization.

We are next, destroyed by political correctness.

The enemies are not the foreigners in our land, but those who seek a return to an ideology of hate and genocide.

Caesar used hate and genocide to pacify Gaul and placate Rome in his pillaging of it's wealth to gain power for himself and to sidestep prosecution. Wrong person to look to for anything humanitarian in.

Allow me to weigh in.

First, I am under no illusion about who the Caesars were. Of course, they committed atrocities against their enemies, as any political leader during that time and much later had. Great men are seldom good men, as they say.

It is also true that Caesar ushered in a period of stability and founded one of the greatest, if the greatest empire in the classical world.

The term 'crossing the river rubicon' is an expression of Julius Caesar's decision to head down a path of no return. If you knew anything about history, you'd know this.

I know exactly what the term "crossing the" means. I am not talking about "the Caesars", I'm talking about the one you mentioned.

There was no need to conquer Gaul, he did it because his life depended on it, his power and rape of Gaul's resources depended on it, his power over Rome depended on it. He manufactured the problems in Gaul. He was a mass murdering, genocidal, power hungry, self centred psychopath only interested in what he could get. Thankfully that was a few knives in the back.

Do you also praise Hitler and his rebirth of Germany? His period of stability, creating one of the greatest powers in the world at that time? The tech advances they made?

This is the man you coin yourself on while paying out on others while thinking you are a Ghandi. You abuse others you do not agree with, you abuse people because they don't hold the same opinion as you, you would have them crushed for doing so, for speaking out against your view of the world, you are a totalitarian monster. Perhaps picking Caesar was a good choice after all.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #16 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:36pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
You abuse others you do not agree with, you abuse people because they don't hold the same opinion as you, you would have them crushed for doing so

So, if a person says that all gays are pedophiles, should I just say: "Oh well, you know, I understand what you're saying, let's agree to disagree??

while thinking you are a Ghandi.

Never said I was Gandhi.

Check again.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:36pm:
You abuse others you do not agree with, you abuse people because they don't hold the same opinion as you, you would have them crushed for doing so

So, if a person says that all gays are pedophiles, should I just say: "Oh well, you know, I understand what you're saying, let's agree to disagree??

Never said I was Gandhi.

Check again.

You should do the sane thing and ask them to back their claims. If they don't, flinging monkey poop in their faces won't work either.

Perhaps you should take a few pages out of his book then, Caesar.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #18 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:44pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:40pm:

Never said I was Gandhi.

Check again.

You should do the sane thing and ask them to back their claims.

Perhaps you should take a few pages out of is book then, Caesar.

Oh, I've done that, Cu, many times. "Show me evidence that homosexuality isn't a mental illness? That psychologists don't unanimously agree that it is?" "Oh no, they've been silenced by the Progs who brow-beat them into lying about mental disorders...."

I have time and time again attempted to argue with reason and rationality against all of these people. But, you don't get it. The things they say about gays, Jews, and Muslims is horrendous - it is utter dehumanisation.

These people are extremists; they don't listen to reason and they're not going to change their mind.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 11:01pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:44pm:

Never said I was Gandhi.

Check again.

Oh, I've done that, Cu, many times. "Show me evidence that homosexuality isn't a mental illness? That psychologists don't unanimously agree that it is?" "Oh no, they've been silenced by the Progs who brow-beat them into lying about mental disorders...."

I have time and time again attempted to argue with reason and rationality against all of these people. But, you don't get it. The things they say about gays, Jews, and Muslims is horrendous - it is utter dehumanisation.

These people are extremists; they don't listen to reason and they're not going to change their mind.

So the only thing left is to abuse them and wish horrid deaths upon them obviously. You just can't handle a world where people see things from a different perspective that you or choose to be wrong. You are the monster you fight, you have become an extremist. You have stared too long into the abyss.

Let go, don't take the world's ills on your shoulders, you can't change everything to suit your view, to try and force what you think is right is totalitarian. Lighten up, change what you can change, accept what you can't.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 8:38am

Auggie wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 6:40pm:
For months if not years now, Caesar has stayed behind the River Rubicon with his 5th Legion, camping out and making their living off the land. Caesar has witnessed what has been going on in Rome and other empires recently: the rise of demagogues who revel in autocracy; a corrupt Senate who is welcoming intolerant members into its ranks, and is powerless to do anything. A fickle Roman people who are confused and impotent to act.

Caesar has tried to negotiate with the Senate, compromise and see the other side. The Senate and their supporters claim that Rome is the number one priority, that in order for it to endure, it must withstand the changing world, and go back to Founding principles of its founders.

But, Rome has changed, and so has the known world. Rome is becoming a multi-cultural empire, including foreign citizens into its ranks; the plebs have had more representation than ever before. Reforms and progress has been made. She has fended external threats in the past to preserve the Republic, but those threats seem ever more real now than they did before.

Caesar is hesitant: he doesn't like tyranny and respects freedom and tolerance; but his patience has worn thin. He loves his country and the people; he doesn't want to see Rome perish and fall into the dark ages. But, he realizes that he has no choice. To do nothing with legions at the doorstep would be worse than continual appeasement.

And so, atop his horse, on the lush countryside of northern Italy, on the banks on the River Rubicon. Caesar looks into the distance to where Rome stands. Behind him, his 5th Legion are eager, waiting for his command.
------------
A messenger has arrived from Rome; he is exhausted from his hurried journey from the capital. He hands to Caesar a parchment. Caesar opens it. A rowdy senator, a demagogue convened the Senate today. He made his speech.

"Final solution..." These are the words that shock Caesar. He hesitates no more.

Caesar returns to his tent; and comes back out dress in his military uniform. He climbs his horse and addresses his men. "Men, I've just received word from Rome. The Senate is falling into despotism, intolerance and fascism. The fate of Rome is at hand, and we must now act to secure it. So, men! Ready yourself, for tonight, we march on Rome!"
------------
No longer will I engage in a policy of appeasement. I tolerated the Anschluss; I sat at the Munich Conference and gave you Czechoslovakia because I thought you would stop there. I have tried to reason and negotiate, and yet you continue to push.

No longer! I say to you all at OzPol who support Fraser Anning and his beliefs; and to those who propagate the message of hate, intolerance and bigotry...

Caesar has crossed the River Rubicon with his 5th Legion.

IT'S WAR!

Too late - Caesar already crossed it in the opposite direction.............. Caesar should be wary of meeting his own forces head-on ..... that would lead to a kind of Anti FA thing ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #21 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 6:35pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
Auggie wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:44pm:

Never said I was Gandhi.

Check again.

So the only thing left is to abuse them and wish horrid deaths upon them obviously. You just can't handle a world where people see things from a different perspective that you or choose to be wrong. You are the monster you fight, you have become an extremist. You have stared too long into the abyss.

Let go, don't take the world's ills on your shoulders, you can't change everything to suit your view, to try and force what you think is right is totalitarian. Lighten up, change what you can change, accept what you can't.

Why aren't you tolerate of SJWs and their views? You seem to be attacking disproportionately the vies of Leftists. Why not tolerate us? Why don't you lighten up, change what you can change, and accept what you can't??

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:44pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 6:35pm:
Why aren't you tolerate of SJWs and their views? You seem to be attacking disproportionately the vies of Leftists. Why not tolerate us? Why don't you lighten up, change what you can change, and accept what you can't??

Because they are whiney and choose to ignore reality. I'm a leftie. You were a rightie you told us when you joined the board, why the u-turn to the most extreme left you can get? I'm pretty well lightened up, I don't get cranky about what others say but feel free to try and make me as butt hurt as you, don't spare my feelings, I'm not a cry baby and won't lash out at you and wish death on you.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #23 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:10pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:44pm:

Because they are whiney and choose to ignore reality. I'm a leftie. You were a rightie you told us when you joined the board, why the u-turn to the most extreme left you can get? I'm pretty well lightened up, I don't get cranky about what others say but feel free to try and make me as butt hurt as you, don't spare my feelings, I'm not a cry baby and won't lash out at you and wish death on you.

So, what do you think is a lower threshold for being pissed off?

1) being whiney and choosing to ignore reality; or,

2) advocating racism and dehumanising human beings??

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:27pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:10pm:

I have no problem with you speaking out about racism but when you wish death on people for what is a universal malady, seeing "auslanders" differently, you are taking things far too much to heart. Whining about "hurt feelings" that may occur if people say something is a different matter. Why you and other SJWs would have hurt feelings on behalf of others totally escapes me. Why are you vicariously taking on the "feelings" of others? Don't you have enough of your own?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #25 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:31pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:27pm:

I have no problem with you speaking out about racism but when you wish death on people for what is a universal malady, seeing "auslanders" differently, you are taking things far too much to heart. Whining about "hurt feelings" that may occur if people say something is a different matter. Why you and other SJWs would have hurt feelings on behalf of others totally escapes me. Why are you vicariously taking on the "feelings" of others? Don't you have enough of your own?

I wished death on one particular individual.

Bobby said categorically that ALL homosexuals were pedaphiles. I made an insult toward one person. He made an dehumanising comment about a particular group of people.

Why aren't you vicariously defending the 'humanity' of people? Don't you have enough of your own?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:41pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:31pm:

Bobby said categorically that ALL homosexuals were pedaphiles. I made an insult toward one person. He made an dehumanising comment about a particular group of people.

Why aren't you vicariously defending the 'humanity' of people? Don't you have enough of your own?

Bobby says lots of things, that you would take what he says seriously enough to wish a horrible death on him defeats your defending of other's humanity. Would you wish death on all people that say what he says because you disagree with them or they are just plain wrong? It's no different to wishing death on others for other reasons. Some wish death(and carry it out) on others for their sexual orientation, some for their colour, some for the ideas they hold. Which campfire do you sit around?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #27 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:43pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:41pm:

Bobby says lots of things, that you would take what he says seriously enough to wish a horrible death on him defeats your defending of other's humanity. Would you wish death on all people that say what he says because you disagree with them or they are just plain wrong? It's no different to wishing death on others for other reasons. Some wish death(and carry it out) on others for their sexual orientation, some for their colour, some for the ideas they hold. Which campfire do you sit around?

So, essentially what you're saying is that there is no objective morality? There is no right or wrong? Wishing death on Hilter is exactly the same as wishing death on Gandhi?

Right?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:45pm

Cu Chullain, so you seriously believe Auggie literally meant that?  Seriously?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:46pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:41pm:

So, essentially what you're saying is that there is no objective morality? There is no right or wrong? Wishing death on Hilter is exactly the same as wishing death on Gandhi?

Right?

So murdering the "right" people is OK? The right people being the ones you disagree with? Objective morality... Who is the non subjective observer?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print