Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Muslims and government funds (Read 20909 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims and government funds
Reply #135 - Sep 19th, 2018 at 4:48pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 9:14am:
freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 8:51pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Which bit is there any doubt about? That we gave the PA money, or that the PA funds terrorism?

Option 3 - that Julie Bishop "explained" it.

Here Gandalf, I got the crayons out just for you:

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 11:53am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:39pm:
thats not even remotely coherent FD.

You just quipped that you found out on google that the PA supports terrorists. You seem to think that this is somehow relevant to your claim that Bishop explained that our money goes to terrorists - in the quote where she explained no such thing. Perhaps you could enlighten us?

You could just quote what either of us actually said.

You mean again? Sure FD, I'm feeling generous...

what Bishop actually said:

Quote:
Ms Bishop said she was confident no Australian funds had been used inappropriately.

"I am confident that previous Australian funding to the PA through the World Bank has been used as intended," she said in a statement.

"However, I am concerned that in providing funds for this aspect of the PA's operations, there is an opportunity for it to use its own budget to [fund] activities that Australia would never support."

what you actually said (about this quote)

Quote:
Read your own quote. We put $10 million into the Palestinian Authority's bank account. They withdraw a 'different' $10 million to give to terrorists.

Quote:
Julie Bishop's explanation of how Australian government funds end up supporting terrorism

Personally, I wouldn't be highlighting 'what was actually said' if I were you FD, it just makes you look ridiculous. I'd be sticking to your previous 'you have to read between the lines' and 'well you have to look at what Bishop didn't say' angles.

Spot the difference if you can FD:

Julie Bishop's explanation of how Australian government funds end up supporting terrorism

and

in providing funds for this aspect of the PA's operations, there is an opportunity for it to use its own budget to [fund] activities that Australia would never support.

When you claimed Bishop stated as fact that our funds "end up supporting terrorism" - was that an honest mistake that you are having difficulty conceding - or do you honestly still not understand the stark difference between what Bishop actually said and what you claim she said?

Better ask him again, G. I don't think he understood the question.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #136 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:22am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 1:50pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Are you suggesting that the PA never ever took that opportunity to use it's own funds to finance terrorism?

All $10 million of course - which is another BS baseless claim of yours. Its got nothing to do with what I think or said, we're talking about what Bishop said. This is your explanation, not Bishop's, and you are blatantly and dishonestly verbling Bishop to verify a conclusion that you came to, not her.

Do you agree its a little odd for Bishop to provide an "explanation" for something happening as fact that she had just stated she didn't believe happened in the first place?

You are misrepresenting what Bishop said Gandalf. I have explained this to you several times already.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:26am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:22am:
Are you suggesting that the PA never ever took that opportunity to use it's own funds to finance terrorism?

All $10 million of course - which is another BS baseless claim of yours. Its got nothing to do with what I think or said, we're talking about what Bishop said. This is your explanation, not Bishop's, and you are blatantly and dishonestly verbling Bishop to verify a conclusion that you came to, not her.

Do you agree its a little odd for Bishop to provide an "explanation" for something happening as fact that she had just stated she didn't believe happened in the first place?

You are misrepresenting what Bishop said Gandalf. I have explained this to you several times already.

How many times is it now, FD? I'm curious.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #138 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 5:42pm

I'm misrepresenting Bishop? You really are incredible FD.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 5:42pm:

I'm misrepresenting Bishop? You really are incredible FD.

I have explained how several times Gandalf. You ignore it and change the topic every time.

Bishop said she is certain Australia was not directly funding terrorism, then went on to explain that this does not mean our funds were not indirectly financing terrorism, hence the cutting of funds to the PA. You have been misrepresenting this as Bishop saying we have not indirectly funded terrorism in the past, and we were only cutting funding because it might happen in the future.

You have misrepresented Bishop. Just another example of how Muslims throw honesty out the door when it comes to their co-religionists siphoning off government funds. No surprise this comes from the same Muslim who insisted we should not try to find out what happened to the millions of dollars of government funds that Australia's peak Muslim representative body siphoned away from the education of Muslim children.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 11:52pm

You left out her quote on suicide vests, FD.

Check the Wiki for details.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #141 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 9:15am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Bishop said she is certain Australia was not directly funding terrorism, then went on to explain that this does not mean our funds were not indirectly financing terrorism, hence the cutting of funds to the PA.

Well done FD, for once you accurately paraphrased exactly what Bishop actually said.

If only you could fathom the difference between this and saying that Bishop gave an "explanation of how Australian government funds end up supporting terrorism".

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Just another example of how Muslims throw honesty out the door

ah.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 1:22pm

She did give an explanation of how the funds end up supporting terrorism.

Did you misrepresent Bishop by trying to turn her distinction into one between a past where our funds did not support terrorism and only the future where they might?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #143 - Sep 24th, 2018 at 2:30pm

freediver wrote on Sep 24th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
She did give an explanation of how the funds end up supporting terrorism.

Of course, she explained it by not saying it at all. Cunning no?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 1:07pm

Did you misrepresent Bishop by trying to turn her distinction into one between a past where our funds did not support terrorism and only the future where they might?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #145 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 1:40pm

I don't even know what that means FD. Its your usual incomprehensible twisting of words.

Basically, again, Bishop didn't "give an explanation of how the funds end up supporting terrorism" - from anything she said in that quote.

And please grasp this exceedingly simple concept: "end up supporting terrorism" is *NOT* the same as saying "there is an opportunity [to support terrorism]" - the phrase "end up supporting terrorism" is stating as fact that the funds do, in reality, go to terrorists/terrorism - as opposed to a mere "opportunity" for them to do so.

GETIT YET???

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Sep 25th, 2018 at 7:18pm

We gave some money to the Pallos.  They give money to terrorists.  Don't want to be involved with such people so we don't give them any more money?

As Lonnogan says, 'ya follow'?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #147 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 7:29pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
I don't even know what that means FD.

Bishop made a distinction between direct and indirect funding of terrorism. You tried to misrepresent her by claiming she said we had not funded terrorists in any way in the past, but might do so if we continue to give the PA money.

This is the same point I have been making for about a dozen pages Gandalf. Do you understand the distinction?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 11:00pm

freediver wrote on Sep 28th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 25th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
I don't even know what that means FD.

Bishop made a distinction between direct and indirect funding of terrorism. You tried to misrepresent her by claiming she said we had not funded terrorists in any way in the past, but might do so if we continue to give the PA money.

This is the same point I have been making for about a dozen pages Gandalf. Do you understand the distinction?

Hard to say, FD. Does one of these blame Islam?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #149 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 2:19pm

freediver wrote on Sep 28th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
You tried to misrepresent her by claiming she said we had not funded terrorists in any way in the past, but might do so if we continue to give the PA money.

Thats pretty much what she said FD.

Its certainly a lot closer to the mark than insisting she was really stating as fact that we already do fund terrorists

Quote:

I understand the distinction between indirect and directly funding terrorists. It has no bearing on what she actually said though. And it certainly has no relation to your continued insistence that she stated as fact that money was going to terrorists. It just your usual twisting of words to deflect from the fact that you were wrong.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2018 at 2:25pm by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print