Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whats The Minimum Wage In Australia (Read 528 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Whats The Minimum Wage In Australia
Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:24am

What is the current national minimum wage?   Huh

The national minimum wage is currently $18.93 per hour or $719.20 per 38 hour week (before tax).

Casual employees covered by the national minimum wage also get at least a 25% casual loading.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Whats The Minimum Wage In Australia
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:26am

"Whats The Minimum Wage In Australia?"

It's something that many employers try their hardest to avoid paying, and something the Liberal Party would like to see abolished.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:58pm

How can anyone survive on that?

I spend half of that on petrol alone every week

Add a couple of nights out and the lots gone.

I'll bet our politicians all could easily live on that amount

As long as a zero or two are added.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:14am

There seem to be two types of illegal workers. The first type could be seen last month when 37 Malaysians were detained after they were caught working on Australian farms. They were promptly sent to detention centres from which they'll soon be deported.

The second type is perhaps the most common but the least maligned, a category in which I once belonged: undercover workers. At the age of 15, I was employed at a wedding reception lounge in Sydney's western suburbs. It wasn't just that the pay was cash in hand; it was also that my job description – assuming one had existed – was purely to serve alcohol to the guests. Lots of it.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/small-business/the-problem-with-illegal-workers-...

When you are working cash-in-hand you'll work for $6 per hour. Illegal workers don't insist on the minimum wage.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:34am

salad in wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:14am:
There seem to be two types of illegal workers. The first type could be seen last month when 37 Malaysians were detained after they were caught working on Australian farms. They were promptly sent to detention centres from which they'll soon be deported.

The second type is perhaps the most common but the least maligned, a category in which I once belonged: undercover workers. At the age of 15, I was employed at a wedding reception lounge in Sydney's western suburbs. It wasn't just that the pay was cash in hand; it was also that my job description – assuming one had existed – was purely to serve alcohol to the guests. Lots of it.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/small-business/the-problem-with-illegal-workers-...

When you are working cash-in-hand you'll work for $6 per hour. Illegal workers don't insist on the minimum wage.

It's not up to the workers to ask.

It's up to the employers to obey the law.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print