Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Soldiers killing people cannot be heroic (Read 7903 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Soldiers killing people cannot be heroic
Reply #90 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:25pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:10am:
freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Unforgiven? You said you stood by this statement, but everything else you say is an attempt to distance yourself from it. Where do you stand?

You are devious and insidious in your manner and your debating style.

It's no wonder you rejoice in the death of Muslims and Arab civilians in general.

What a load of rubbish.

What's your problem ... does he have you there?

As far as being devious & insidious ... you take the cake.... no you take the whole bakery.  Angry you putz.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:28pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:07am:
Valkie, your mouth is bigger than your courage. You are a lip service patriot.

If you really believed what you posted below you would have joined the military when your beliefs became evident to you and you would have been joyfully killing people.

Valkie I call you out as a fraud against humanity.

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:26am:
If soldiers didn't kill people

The idiots who argue that killing does not make hero's wouldn't be here

They would be grovelling under the rule of people who look at cowards and laugh.

The only way to fight despots is to fight them

Not talk to them, not call them stupid made up names, not sending limp wristed lisping pansies to try and shame them into obedieance.

And in war, people will be killed.
Sometimes innocent people.
How many soldiers died in Hiroshema?
How many innocent people?

In the heat of battle, men no longer see others as people
They are trained to kill
They become killing machines.

They throw themselves at almost certain death.

These men are all heros

For more than any cowardly pansy sitting in a nice safe country.

How dare these cowards even dare to dispute the heroics of these men?
How dare these pansy cowardly slugs dare to cast aspersions on any soldier?

They are not worthy to lick the mud off the feet of a hero.

SCUM

I call you out as fraud .... as a human being.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:31pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Freediver attempts to pervert everything he touches.

Freediver's own lack of humanity is exemplified by his enjoyment of torturing and killing marine life.

Reflect on this.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1c/72/6c/1c726ce52c2d5caff1fed82befe0089a--children-pl...

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:31pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:25am:
Thompson is a hero because he stopped a military atrocity by the USA and caused the cancellation of similar atrocities that were planned by inhuman soldiers.

Freediver understands atrocities because he enjoys torturing and killing marine life as a 'leisure' activity.

Humanity begins at home.

freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:20am:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:13am:
freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:11am:
Quote:
Soldiers killing people cannot be heroic

Would you agree that this is a silly thing to say Unforgiven?

No!

https://slideplayer.com/slide/8061311/25/images/4/Quotes+from+My+Lai.jpg

Is this a fair summary of your argument?

Quote:
So basically, conventional soldiers cannot be heroes, because there is no way of proving that the soldiers they are fighting would kill anyone, but Thomson is a hero because he let all those My Lai villagers get slaughtered while he filled out the appropriate paperwork.

I am not talking about why Thomson is a hero. I am talking about why killing people precludes being a hero. The distinction you appear to be making is that in order to be a hero, you require people to allow innocents to be slaughtered so they can find a non-violent solution, if one exists, and avoid getting their hands dirty or putting themselves in the line of fire. Heroism to you means nothing more than putting yourself at risk of public criticism. This seems consistent with your stance as a Muslim apologist, where support from Muslims for the destruction of liberal democracy and all sorts of abuses comes secondary to not publicly criticising them. While we watch so many people fall victim to rape and pillage, you focus your efforts on protecting Muslims from rational enquiry.

So basically, conventional soldiers cannot be heroes, because there is no way of proving that the soldiers they are fighting would kill anyone, but Thomson is a hero because he let all those My Lai villagers get slaughtered while he filled out the appropriate paperwork.

FD has you rattled ... you pathetic racist & apologist.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:32pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
And here we see Unforgiven himself running away from rational enquiry.

You are welcome to give your own 'unperverted' version of your argument, but you cannot, can you? All you can do is lash out with childish personal insults, while whining about being misunderstood.

What sound does a jellyfish make?

The sound you hear when you're typing in this forum.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:34pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:52pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
And here we see Unforgiven himself running away from rational enquiry.

You are welcome to give your own 'unperverted' version of your argument, but you cannot, can you? All you can do is lash out with childish personal insults, while whining about being misunderstood.
Pretty much what the whole board is like now, rational, semi intelligent debate is impossible. You shouldnt be surprised.

Of course. FD started it. He knows that.

Freediver is a bulletin board pervert. He perverts and diverts arguments towards the direction his master's command.

Freediver is a paid shill and should precede all his postings with the confession of who pays his slimebag salary.

As you do you hypocrite.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 2:25pm:
I would love to see Freediver and his ilk volunteer for military service either in the Australian military or the military of Freediver's paymasters.

So far Freediver's history only includes killing harmless defenseless creatures. It would be interesting to see how Freediver conducts himself against opponents that can attack him with equal force, or defend themselves with equal force.

It is disgraceful that many people call anyone in military uniform a hero. It devalues the honor of true heroes.

You cannot be a hero just by wearing a military uniform.

"And lastly-most wars are not just. Look at us in Iraq. If those soldiers are heros because one thinks thats a good war, then they must also call any burgler or robber a 'hero'. Because in Iraq, that's what we did/do."

http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-soldiers-heroic

Quote:
No profession is heroic by its own accord No value can be determined by an action. Many guys went to Vietnam believing the lie about the Gulf of Tonkin. Were they heros? Some of them, but not because they were soldiers. Soldier X was a hero because he risked his life to save his maimed buddy out of compassion. But what if he did it because he wanted the fame of being a hero-then he's not a hero. What if he did it because he had an affair with the guy's wife and he knows the mistress/adulteress will out him if his buddy dies? Then it was selfish and not heroic. Action determines nothing, only intent can tell us something like that.

And lastly-most wars are not just. Look at us in Iraq. If those soldiers are heros because one thinks thats a good war, then they must also call any burgler or robber a 'hero'. Because in Iraq, that's what we did/do. We told a bunch of lies, broke into someone's house, killed a bunch of their kids, and then moved in pretending it was our house. That's not a hero, that's an opportunist at best, and duplicitous scum at worst. Some are heros, most are common. Just like any job. Bringing value to your world is what matters, sometimes soldiers do that, but most of the time, most of them perpetuate only the worst qualities a human being has to offer this world. Even if they simply just go and do their job-if its an evil war, there is nothing impressive about being a soldier in it. It is what it is, and lying to each other calling it 'liberation' just adds insult to the injury. Liberation would be if some group pushed us out of Iraq, giving the home back to its owner-you know, like in WWII we and the Russians and others liberated various parts of Europe from German occupation. America is in North America. Iraq is part of ASIA, ie were not even in the same continent so its an occupation, not a liberation. Further, it was also America's fault that Hussien murdered 50,000 Iraqis. That was Bush Sr. Who said we'd back them if they rose up-but we never showed up, so they died.... Ya, America is so great, so heroic.

You're not part of "us".

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:45pm:
Valkie, you are a coward because if you believed everything you write you would already be in the military killing people.

You are a disgusting, cowardly, example of inhuman waste. I have flushed things with more morals than Valkie. I wish you did have the guts to join the military and volunteer for conflicts.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-soldiers-heroic

Quote:
Soldiers (Typically) Are Scum Soldiers: Young men and women hired to potentially throw their lives away and kill wantonly in the name of psychopathic, money-lusting politicians who don't even know their names or stories and couldn't care less anyway. Has some good come from war? Yes. A small sum. And there probably are some soldiers who possess genuine humanity, but look at the situation: you voluntarily sign up for several weeks of survival training and lessons on how to shoot, stab, bludgeon, and bomb people to death with the intention of doing this for a living. That's hardly heroic, and I would never bestow the title of "hero" to anyone who would choose this for themselves.

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:36pm:

If you really believed what you posted below you would have joined the military when your beliefs became evident to you and you would have been joyfully killing people.

They would be grovelling under the rule of people who look at cowards and laugh.

Not talk to them, not call them stupid made up names, not sending limp wristed lisping pansies to try and shame them into obedieance.

They are trained to kill

These men are all heros

SCUM

The troll calls me out...

On his computer of course, he would be far too cowardly in real life to even look at me.

Have you ever spoken out against a man?
Not one of your pooftah partners, but a real live man who woukd deck you?

Of course not
You are a cowardly troll
Big on words on a computer, but never in real life.

Sad little troll
Failure in real life
Failure in forums
Possibly, probably not even real
Just another sock

Call me out.......I fart in your general direction, ha ha ha ha ha ha

The same wish is applied to you bucket mouth.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Do you remember what your thread title was Unforgiven?

The distinction you appear to be making is that in order to be considered a hero by you, you require people to allow innocents to be slaughtered so they can find a non-violent solution, if one exists, and avoid getting their hands dirty or putting themselves in the line of fire. Heroism to you means nothing more than putting yourself at risk of public criticism. This seems consistent with your stance as a Muslim apologist, where support from Muslims for the destruction of liberal democracy and all sorts of abuses comes secondary to not publicly criticising them. While we watch so many people fall victim to rape and pillage, you focus your efforts on protecting Muslims from rational enquiry.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #98 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:10pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:28pm:

They are trained to kill

These men are all heros

SCUM

Fair enough
Call me what you like, but at least I'm not a sock.

I'm as human as the next guy, I just believe that it's fight or be fodder.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:12pm

You silly bugger that was directed at Un4given.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:28pm:

They are trained to kill

These men are all heros

SCUM

Fair enough
Call me what you like, but at least I'm not a sock.

I'm as human as the next guy, I just believe that it's fight or be fodder.

Which one's the sock, Matty?

Xeej?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #101 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
You silly bugger that was directed at Un4given.

In that case
I unreservidly apologise and beg your forgiveness

I've had a long day
I put up a fence today 60 metres
Lots of holes through clay
Damn I'm sore.

Again apologies.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #102 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm

The three stooges. Gnads, Valkie and Freediver engaged in a three-loser game of mental ping pong.

I denounce you all as cowards because you espouse military atrocities yet are too cowardly to join the military.

You are all lip service patriots playing pat-a-cake with each other while cheering and rejoicing in the death of innocent civilians.

Freediver's actions are particularly egregious as he tortures and kills marine animals for his enjoyment while fearing to face men and creatures that can defend themselves.

Gnads needs to remove his butt plug and shove it down his throat.

Please consider.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #103 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:50am

It's not over until The Grappler gripes.

In WW2, "the killing of unarmed Japanese was common".

Recent Australian atrocities, excluding Manus and Nauru:

Quote:
Allegations of Australian war crimes in Afghanistan 'being taken ...
https://www.theguardian.com/australia.../allegations-of-australian-war-crimes-in-afgha...
Jun 8, 2018 - The Turnbull government says allegations that members of Australia's elite special forces committed war crimes in Afghanistan are being taken ...
Allied war crimes during World War II - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
Jump to Australia - Australia[edit]. According to historian Mark Johnston, "the killing of unarmed Japanese was common" and Australian command tried to ...
‎Canicattì massacre · ‎Laconia incident · ‎Operation Teardrop
Australian special forces allegedly committed war crimes in ... - SBS
https://www.sbs.com.au/.../australian-special-forces-allegedly-committed-war-crimes-i...
Jun 8, 2018 - Members of Australia's elite special forces have been accused of committing war crimes in Afghanistan amid weak leadership and a lack of ...
SAS soldiers committed alleged war crimes in Afghanistan: official report
https://www.smh.com.au › Politics › Federal › Afghanistan
Jun 7, 2018 - Some members of Australia's elite special forces allegedly committed war crimes in Afghanistan amid a “complete lack of accountability” from ...
Australian commandos accused of Afghan war crimes and 'disregard ...
https://www.scmp.com › News › Asia › Australasia
Jun 8, 2018 - Australian special forces have been accused of committing war crimes in Afghanistan in a secret defence report leaked on Friday that ...
ADF soldiers accused of war crimes in Afghanistan - News.com.au
https://www.news.com.au/.../australian...war-crimes.../10062f74e1cb128ab5b893cddd18...
Jun 9, 2018 - DEFENCE Minister Marise Payne has defended the work of special forces soldiers after disturbing claims of war crimes were made against ...
Anzacs behaving badly: Scott McIntyre and contested history
theconversation.com/anzacs-behaving-badly-scott-mcintyre-and-contested-history-4
Apr 28, 2015 - Frederick George Fazey joined the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) in 1918, ... The Pacific theatre was a racialised war in which atrocities were ...
Army leaks and atrocities: Australian troops should get out of the ...
https://socialist-alliance.org/.../army-leaks-and-atrocities-australian-troops-s
hould-get-...
Jun 19, 2018 - Leaked reports of atrocities and misconduct point to troops in Afghanistan and Iraq being part of the problem, not the solution.
Australian war crimes | Red Flag
https://redflag.org.au/node/6391
Australian war crimes. Australian politics, International. Ben Hillier. 19 June 2018. Editor. How many civilians have Australian special forces killed in Afghanistan ...
Defence briefs The Hague on war crimes inquiry - The Australian
https://www.theaustralian.com.au › national-affairs › defence
Jun 21, 2018 - Australia has notified the International Criminal Court in The Hague that it is investigating possible war crimes committed by Australian troops in ...

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #104 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:30pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
The three stooges. Gnads, Valkie and Freediver engaged in a three-loser game of mental ping pong.

I denounce you all as cowards because you espouse military atrocities yet are too cowardly to join the military.

You are all lip service patriots playing pat-a-cake with each other while cheering and rejoicing in the death of innocent civilians.

Freediver's actions are particularly egregious as he tortures and kills marine animals for his enjoyment while fearing to face men and creatures that can defend themselves.

Gnads needs to remove his butt plug and shove it down his throat.

Please consider.

https://sanhtatow.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/consequences.jpg

Cheesy Cheesy CheesyUNFORGIVEN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT GOVERNMENTS ARE!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print