Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Soldiers killing people cannot be heroic (Read 7898 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Soldiers killing people cannot be heroic
Reply #105 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:32pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
You silly bugger that was directed at Un4given.

In that case
I unreservidly apologise and beg your forgiveness

I've had a long day
I put up a fence today 60 metres
Lots of holes through clay
Damn I'm sore.

Again apologies.

gOD, PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO OUT LIKE THAT!  Grin

"hONEY,.......... THE COWS ARE COMING HOME  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #106 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:39pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:28pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:07am:
Valkie, your mouth is bigger than your courage. You are a lip service patriot.

If you really believed what you posted below you would have joined the military when your beliefs became evident to you and you would have been joyfully killing people.

Valkie I call you out as a fraud against humanity.

Valkie wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:26am:
If soldiers didn't kill people

The idiots who argue that killing does not make hero's wouldn't be here

They would be grovelling under the rule of people who look at cowards and laugh.

The only way to fight despots is to fight them

Not talk to them, not call them stupid made up names, not sending limp wristed lisping pansies to try and shame them into obedieance.

And in war, people will be killed.
Sometimes innocent people.
How many soldiers died in Hiroshema?
How many innocent people?

In the heat of battle, men no longer see others as people
They are trained to kill
They become killing machines.

They throw themselves at almost certain death.

These men are all heros

For more than any cowardly pansy sitting in a nice safe country.

How dare these cowards even dare to dispute the heroics of these men?
How dare these pansy cowardly slugs dare to cast aspersions on any soldier?

They are not worthy to lick the mud off the feet of a hero.

SCUM

I call you out as fraud .... as a human being.  Roll Eyes

Fair enough
Call me what you like, but at least I'm not a sock.

I'm as human as the next guy, I just believe that it's fight or be fodder.

Spinoza said the same thing: man in his natural state will tend toward the side of cruelty because he's living amongst the animals who have the advantage in speed and weapons.

Therefore the idea of living under some kind of a dominion comes into play... so that the common person could atleast sleep at night and in return his obligation was to live within moderation: i.e within the law. The people making up this dominion, however, have different obligations because they have taken on the role of man in his natural state.........

Unforgiven is full of shite in other words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #107 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 4:07pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

Denizen 'AnotherJourneyBy PoopChute' has collapsed looking like an empty sack after taking a dump.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #108 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:42pm

Military = violence industry. "Heroism on command, senseless violence, all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/comedian-catherine-deveny-slamm...

Quote:
Comedian Catherine Deveny slammed over Anzac Day tweets
A MELBOURNE comedian and feminist who labelled Anzac Day “bogan Halloween” claims she has received rape threats.

Rohan Smith@ro_smith news.com.auAPRIL 25, 20181:22PM

A MELBOURNE-BASED comedian who tweeted that Anzac Day is “Bogan Halloween” and a celebration of Australia’s “fetishism of war and violence” has been slammed for her comments.

But like most pile-ons on social media, many took things way, way too far.

Catherine Deveny tweeted on Tuesday that “serve” is not the right word for our armed servicemen and women.

“Why do people in the armed forces use the word ‘serve’ to describe their work despite it being no more dangerous or prone to upheaval than many other jobs?” she wrote.

“It’s just a job and work. Throw the term ‘serve’ in the bin. It’s part of the fetishism of war and violence.”

Later, she wrote that it was a “hilarious notion” that our Diggers fought for our right to free speech and that “Australians who have worked in the violence industry have fought wars to suck up to the US and British”.

On Tuesday, a former soldier wrote to Deveny: “Catherine, I served my country, as a soldier, for 26 years. How many did you serve? Zero.”

The comedian responded: “You didn’t serve your country, you chose a job in the violence industry.”

“I abhor Anzac Day and can’t wait til it’s over. I am so delighted to hear the chorus increasing every year saying ‘Anzac Day is bullshit. It’s a Trojan horse for ­racism, sexism, toxic masculinity, violence, homophobia and discrimination’.

“ANZAC Day is f***ing disgusting and should have gone in the bin decades ago. As it gets closer my head feels tighter and tighter and I feel more and more nauseous. I blame the collective cognitive dissonance seeping in.”

She finished with a third tweet late on Tuesday night: “ANZAC Day. It’s Bogan Halloween.”

Deveny, who was sacked as a columnist by Fairfax after tweeting that she “hopes Bindi Irwin gets laid” at the 2010 Logies, has been here before. She is an outspoken critic of Anzac Day and previously wrote that she expects the “yearly hate explosion over my Anzac Day opinions”.

“My views, that Anzac Day does not reflect the inclusiveness of all those affected by war, nor our more sophisticated understanding of the true machinations and motivations behind war are neither rare, radical or new.”

In recent years, she wrote: “Anzac Day. A celebration of a society so f***ed up it saw no other option than to go to war. Kill, rape and invade. Then glorify it.”

The response is almost always the same. Some support her, many are disappointed.

“It must be that time of the year again,” Guy McRedmond wrote on Twitter.

“When you try to convince yourself that you are somehow relevant by tweeting more uneducated rubbish about ANZAC Day and serving members of the ADF. It’s easy to post crap to get a reaction. Certainly a lot easier than serving one’s country.”

Another wrote that Deveny has “the right to free speech but this is vulgar. Would you say that to the face of an elderly soldier?”

Journalist Tom Steinfort tweeted simply: “Catherine Deveny. Yawn. Don’t give her the attention she craves.”

3AW host Tom Elliot said he was “upset” by Deveny’s comments.

“Bloody hell, she is an absolute nutcase,” he said. “This idea that fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan where you could be killed at any time is riduclous. What on earth would Catherine Deveny, a left-wing, alleged, not very funny comedian know about such a thing?”

The Australian Defence Association told The Australian Deveny was being “deliberately provocative”.

“(She) ignores that serving in our Defence Force means accepting the obligation to ‘work’ in an unlimited liability occupation,” the Association said. “That’s why it’s serving, not just working ... “Moreover, Australia has a Defence Force, not ‘armed forces’.”

But others responded with threats of rape and violence and ruined any chance for sensible debate.

Catherine Deveny is no stranger to backlash over her Anzac Day tweets.

After a series of tweets in the lead up to Anzac Day this year, Deveny wrote that Anzac “trolls” are “ignorant and uneducated and prove my point better than I ever could ... Show Some Respect = Shut The bugger Up Or I’ll Threaten To Rape You”.

She’s not the first Australian with a profile to speak out against Anzac Day. Former SBS presenter Scott McIntyre was sacked in 2015 after referring to Australians marking Anzac Day as “poorly-read, largely white, nationalist drinkers and gamblers”.

The Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull responded on Twitter, saying it is “difficult to think of more offensive or inappropriate comments” and that the “despicable remarks deserve to be condemned”.

That didn’t stop him from posting a bunch more tweets on the subject in 2016.

Scott McIntyre

@mcintinhos
Heroism on command, senseless violence, all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism.

10:53 AM - Apr 25, 2016

Yassmin Abdel-Magied sparked a major backlast last year when she tweeted, “Lest We Forget (Manus, Nauru, Syria, Palestine).”

Last week, she doubled down on those comments ...

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #109 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm

This mural tells it all.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #110 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm:

So that's what happened to you🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤?

Now I understand un4, why you have so much trouble with common sense

There isn't anything between your ears.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #111 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Anyone who imagines war is glamorous has never experienced it......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #112 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 12:28pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:01pm:

Fair Call!

Where does it come from?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #113 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 12:33pm

The comedian responded: “You didn’t serve your country, you chose a job in the violence industry.”

It's a quote that will stand the test of time!

Yet, at the same time: she's done nothing of any use to anyone but whinge about how bored she is of the privileged status these brave men afforded her!

She's not much of a comedian and what she said was not even pedestrian!

The things we do for a dollar ay  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #114 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 12:36pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 4:07pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

Denizen 'AnotherJourneyBy PoopChute' has collapsed looking like an empty sack after taking a dump.

Cathy made money from her comments that were sub-standard!

She will have to live with them as her meal ticket and will be afforded no status because of them!

The facts are men are sent to war and women aren't: SHE DESERVES TO BE HOUNDED FOR SPEAKING FROM HER PRIVELEGED PULPIT BOUGHT WITH THE BLOOD OF SENTENCED MEN!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print