Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Breaking news: Saudis have bombed a school bus (Read 2514 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Breaking news: Saudis have bombed a school bus
Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Saudis have bombed a school bus in Yemen killing at least 24 and injuring the rest.

I suspect Gordon, Yadda and Freediver will be beside each other with joy.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Breaking news: Saudis have bombed a school bus
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:39pm

The article says 43 people were killed in the bombing of the school bus and many others, probably waiting parents were injured.

This is an atrocity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45128367

Quote:
Yemen war: Children killed in air strike on bus

The Red Cross said a hospital it supports in Saada had received dozens of casualties
Dozens of people, many of them children, have been killed or wounded in a Saudi-led coalition air strike in rebel-held northern Yemen.

The bus was travelling through Dahyan market in Saada province at the time.

The health ministry run by the rebel Houthi movement said at least 43 people were killed. The Red Cross said most of the victims were under 10 years old.

The coalition, which is backing Yemen's government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were "legitimate".

"[The air strike] conformed to international and humanitarian laws," spokesman Col Turki al-Malki said in a statement.

He added that the coalition had responded to ballistic missile launches by the rebels, which he said had targeted civilians in the southern Saudi city of Jizan.

The coalition has insisted it never deliberately targets civilians but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas over the past three years.

In a message on Twitter, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Yemen said a hospital it supports in Saada had received dozens of casualties on Thursday.

The head of the ICRC's delegation in the country later said "scores" had been killed, with many casualties under the age of 10. He added that the organisation was sending additional supplies to hospitals in the area.

The ICRC's communication co-ordinator in Yemen confirmed the reports to the BBC but did not offer any further details.

Almost 10,000 people - two-thirds of them civilians - have been killed since the Houthi movement took control of much of the north of the country, including the capital Sanaa, in 2014, forcing President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi into exile in neighbouring Saudi Arabia.

The following year, a coalition of Arab states led by Saudi Arabia intervened in the conflict.

Earlier this year, the UN children's agency UNICEF said that more than 5,000 children had been killed or injured during the conflict, with "nearly every child in Yemen" in need of humanitarian assistance.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:49pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Saudis have bombed a school bus in Yemen killing at least 24 and injuring the rest.

DESPITE being the West's "darlings of the Middle East" - the Saudis are a bigger pack of murdering Barbarians than the Taliban, Al Qaeda and Daesh
(Islamic State)
- COMBINED

Quote:
As well as showing the barbaric reality of life inside Saudi Arabia, the film also questions Britain’s close relationship with the hard line Islamic state.

It comes as capital punishment in the country hit a new high, with public executions taking place at a shocking average rate of one person per day.

In one clip a woman is seen screaming for mercy as she is pinned down by police officers who eventually use a large sword to cut off her head.

So frequent are the brutal executions that one large public space in central Riyadh is nicknamed ‘Chop Chop Square’ due to the sheer number of state-sanctioned killings there.
Drains in the square are stained red due to the amount of amount of blood spilt there.

Women beheaded in the street and corpses dangling from cranes shows how Saudi Arabia is just as bad as Islamic State when it comes to dealing out brutal punishments.

… while human rights groups have been outspoken about Saudi’s treatment of its citizens, and in particular its women,
Western governments have not been as vocal.
On the other hand, the atrocities of Islamic State have been widely condemned.

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-women-beheaded-in-street-...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Is unforgiven actually condemning the Saudis?

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:01pm

It started as a fairly routine tweet from an inoffensive source - Canada's foreign affairs ministry. But in just a few days it escalated into a world-class diplomatic clash.

On August 3, Canada tweeted a statement that it was "gravely concerned" about the mounting number of civil society and women’s rights activists being arrested in Saudi Arabia. "We urge the Saudi authorities to immediately release them", including prominent women's rights activist Samar Badawi, who has family in Canada. That was all it took
When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau stood Canada's ground, Saudi Arabia went into a rage.

The government expelled Canada's ambassador and recalled its own. It cancelled flights to Canada by its state-owned airline, ordered a freeze on new trade and investment and instructed its central bank and state pension funds to divest all Canadian assets "whatever the cost", according to The Financial Times.

It told the 15,000 or so Saudi students studying in Canada to return home. And it set out the principle supposedly at stake - Canada was guilty of "an overt and blatant interference in the internal affairs of the Kingdom".

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-much-at-stake-as-nice-and-nasty-fac...

If only Australia had the gonads - that Canada is showing

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:33pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:01pm:
It started as a fairly routine tweet from an inoffensive source - Canada's foreign affairs ministry. But in just a few days it escalated into a world-class diplomatic clash.

On August 3, Canada tweeted a statement that it was "gravely concerned" about the mounting number of civil society and women’s rights activists being arrested in Saudi Arabia. "We urge the Saudi authorities to immediately release them", including prominent women's rights activist Samar Badawi, who has family in Canada. That was all it took
When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau stood Canada's ground, Saudi Arabia went into a rage.

The government expelled Canada's ambassador and recalled its own. It cancelled flights to Canada by its state-owned airline, ordered a freeze on new trade and investment and instructed its central bank and state pension funds to divest all Canadian assets "whatever the cost", according to The Financial Times.

It told the 15,000 or so Saudi students studying in Canada to return home. And it set out the principle supposedly at stake - Canada was guilty of "an overt and blatant interference in the internal affairs of the Kingdom".

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-much-at-stake-as-nice-and-nasty-fac...

If only Australia had the gonads - that Canada is showing

Fat chance. Australia only responds to Uncle Sam's commands.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:52pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:04pm:

DESPITE being the West's "darlings of the Middle East" - the Saudis are a bigger pack of murdering Barbarians than the Taliban, Al Qaeda and Daesh
(Islamic State)
- COMBINED

Quote:
As well as showing the barbaric reality of life inside Saudi Arabia, the film also questions Britain’s close relationship with the hard line Islamic state.

It comes as capital punishment in the country hit a new high, with public executions taking place at a shocking average rate of one person per day.

In one clip a woman is seen screaming for mercy as she is pinned down by police officers who eventually use a large sword to cut off her head.

So frequent are the brutal executions that one large public space in central Riyadh is nicknamed ‘Chop Chop Square’ due to the sheer number of state-sanctioned killings there.
Drains in the square are stained red due to the amount of amount of blood spilt there.

Women beheaded in the street and corpses dangling from cranes shows how Saudi Arabia is just as bad as Islamic State when it comes to dealing out brutal punishments.

… while human rights groups have been outspoken about Saudi’s treatment of its citizens, and in particular its women,
Western governments have not been as vocal.
On the other hand, the atrocities of Islamic State have been widely condemned.

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-women-beheaded-in-street-...

All muslims face Mecca in Saudi Arabia when they pray, one of the 5 pillars of Islam is Hajj which means muslims must visit Saudi Arabia if they can.

Quote:
The constitution of Saudi Arabia is "the Holy Qur'an, and the Sunna (Traditions)" of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, (as stated in Article One of the Basic Law)

Articles of the Basic Law of Governance[edit]
Chapter 1: General Principles

Article 1 states that "God's Book and the Sunna of His Prophet" are the country's constitution and Arabic is the official language with the capital at Riyadh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Law_of_Saudi_Arabia

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:28pm

Visiting Mecca is not some endorsement of Saudi Arabia's atrocities Baron.

Saudi Arabia didn't even exist when the revelation commanding muslims to perform the Hajj was revealed.

I think if you asked most muslims, they would disapprove of Saudi Arabia being the sole protector of the kaaba - and would instead prefer it to be under some non-aligned international Islamic body.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 3:26pm

The Hajj is anachronistic crap that has no place in the modern world.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:59pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:28pm:

Saudi Arabia didn't even exist when the revelation commanding muslims to perform the Hajj was revealed.

I think if you asked most muslims, they would disapprove of Saudi Arabia being the sole protector of the kaaba - and would instead prefer it to be under some non-aligned international Islamic body.

why dont they speak up then gandalf??...what are they afraid of?....they would out number the Saudis
they are not afraid of Israel....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:24am

cods wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
why dont they speak up then gandalf??

Probably because they share the Saudi's fear of Iranian influence through their shiite proxies - including the Houthis. Several arab countries have joined in the massacre of Yemeni children. I imagine the geopolitical maneuverings of these governments has filtered through to some degree to the masses - especially the sunni ones.

As for Israel, most arab countries adopt a position of convenient hypocricy. Make a lot of official noise that they know has no effect, but behind the scenes give a wink and a nod to their atrocities. For one thing, they know Israel exists as a potential bulwark against Iranian expansion. Interestingly, ISIS has never done or said anything against Israel.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 6:01am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:24am:

Probably because they share the Saudi's fear of Iranian influence through their shiite proxies - including the Houthis. Several arab countries have joined in the massacre of Yemeni children. I imagine the geopolitical maneuverings of these governments has filtered through to some degree to the masses - especially the sunni ones.

As for Israel, most arab countries adopt a position of convenient hypocricy. Make a lot of official noise that they know has no effect, but behind the scenes give a wink and a nod to their atrocities. For one thing, they know Israel exists as a potential bulwark against Iranian expansion. Interestingly, ISIS has never done or said anything against Israel.

The old Persians v Arabs trick, eh?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:03pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 2:28pm:

Muslims face Mecca when they pray, the Saudi constitution says gods book (Quran) and the Sunnah of his prophet are the constitution.

Apart from the Royals who rule Saudi Arabia Islam prescribes a caliphate type of dictatorship what are the Saudis doing that is unislamic?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:29pm

Another Muslim religious civil war, the ongoing sunni-shia vendetta playing out itself endlessly.  Why?  Because there is no reforming Islam, no tempering it, the very essence of Islam is unreformability: you cant hope to reform the eternal, immutable book of goawd.

Mohammed fcuked your minds up good and proper, for all eternity. You simply cannot figure your way out of violence. Pretty neat from an illiterate sex maniac.  And you can't  get enough of this crap and keep killing each other and everyone else over this moronic old superstition!!!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Frank wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:29pm:

Another Muslim religious civil war, the ongoing sunni-shia vendetta playing out itself endlessly.  Why?  Because there is no reforming Islam, no tempering it, the very essence of Islam is unreformability: you cant hope to reform the eternal, immutable book of goawd.

Mohammed fcuked your minds up good and proper, for all eternity. You simply cannot figure your way out of violence. Pretty neat from an illiterate sex maniac.  And you can't  get enough of this crap and keep killing each other and everyone else over this moronic old superstition!!!

Eternal, innit.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 9:05am

Saudis days are numbered.
They are alone in the Middle-East as IRAN is closing in on them.
Iran will show the Saudis that ALLAH is greater than Money.
I wonder if the Saudis can buy themselves out of this one?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:59pm:

Eternal, innit.

Indeed eteernal.
Well, it has NEVER been any other way with these bastards, they have been killing each other since Mo carked it.

And since the Koran is the eternal, unchangeable word of some guy called Allan, the feud has been decreed, as far as the Mohammedans understand it, for/from eternity. Evolving, evolution, moving on, higher plain - all dirty dog words for the true Mohammedan, Allan be praised.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:08pm

Frank wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:02pm:

Eternal, innit.

Indeed eteernal.
Well, it has NEVER been any other way with these bastards, they have been killing each other since Mo carked it.

And since the Koran is the eternal, unchangeable word of some guy called Allan, the feud has been decreed, as far as the Mohammedans understand it, for/from eternity. Evolving, evolution, moving on, higher plain - all dirty dog words for the true Mohammedan, Allan be praised.

Alan? You said you listen to ABC Classical Breakfast.

Eternal.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:02pm:

Eternal, innit.

Indeed eteernal.

Alan? You said you listen to ABC Classical Breakfast.

Eternal.

Ah!!! Muslims have shares in Macquarie Radio the world over and that's why they say Alan is at the bar!!!!   I though they were on about some Allan .. uh.. Akghhhbar, some Macquarie Street throat specialist or a bar owner or what?  Very hard to make out what these Johnny Foreigners are saying most of the time, no? All that fur on their faces makes articulation hard for them and the accents - my dog (sorry, my god) and the stuff they are on about.  I bet they don't now what they are on about most of the time.

Rich tapestry, but.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:31pm

Old boy, I think that's your most original work for quite some time.

Good job.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Had a touch of the Pakis for a minute. Passed now, thanks.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 8:10pm

CryFrank wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 7:51pm:
Had a touch of the Pakis for a minute. Passed now, thanks.

Good for you. Most glad you've finally passed.

It was touch and go for a while there, no?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print