Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Swedish authorities can't cope with growth in rape (Read 12510 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Swedish authorities can't cope with growth in rape
Reply #120 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:30pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
Well, that's just my chosen name for him.

Your choice but I tend to ignore arguments that are there just to name call. I don't think taking a dive to the gutter enhances your argument, no matter who it aimed at. Like many of the ways of dealing with people, how you do it will reflect more on you than them.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #121 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Taliban culture.  Aussie?

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #122 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:28pm:
Aaaaah......so how about Pigmies.  Is their culture the equal to the Japanese and Chinese.....or is this just yet another boring Islam bash?

You might have to enlighten me about pygmies.

You asked me a question, I answered it and now I've turned it into another boring Islam bash? Of course it is, it's a pox. If you have something other that insinuations about my character for what I have said, now is the time. Is Islamic culture superior to Chinese, Japanese or Alaskan cultures? Which would you prefer to live in? Will you be moving to Saudia Arabia with your IB? How would your wife like living in a culture you defend?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #123 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Aussie, which Muslim country would your grandaughter be most free to express herself?

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #124 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:38pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:30pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
Well, that's just my chosen name for him.

Your choice but I tend to ignore arguments that are there just to name call. I don't think taking a dive to the gutter enhances your argument, no matter who it aimed at. Like many of the ways of dealing with people, how you do it will reflect more on you than them.

IMHO,  Aussie, despite thinking he's a great guy is actually lower in the gutter than anyone here. A turd is a turd by any name Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #125 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Aaaaah......so how about Pigmies.  Is their culture the equal to the Japanese and Chinese.....or is this just yet another boring Islam bash?

You asked me a question, I answered it and now I've turned it into another boring Islam bash? Of course it is, it's a pox. If you have something other that insinuations about my character for what I have said, now is the time. Is Islamic culture superior to Chinese, Japanese or Alaskan cultures? Which would you prefer to live in? Will you be moving to Saudia Arabia with your IB? How would your wife like living in a culture you defend?

I don't defend Islam at all.  I argue against bigotry like...."Not all cultures are equal," and inherent to that is that some are more equal than others.

Yet, you fail to countenance that 'equality' is in the eye of the person living any particular culture.  The Chinks hate the Jap culture and resent their culture.  Are their cultures equal, Setanta?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #126 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

I don't defend Islam at all.  I argue against bigotry like...."Not all cultures are equal," and inherent to that is that some are more equal than others.

Yet, you fail to countenance that 'equality' is in the eye of the person living any particular culture.  The Chinks hate the Jap culture and resent their culture.  Are their cultures equal, Setanta?

So you think all cultures are equal? If a culture decides prisoners of war are to have their hearts torn beating from their chests to sacrifice to their gods, that's ok? We just do things differently? Since we live in a multicultural society, we should just accept it.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #127 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:48pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
A turd is a turd by any name

Gordon is now professing expertise on turds.

You'll have to put more time in post-graduate study like professor Valkie did.

Come back when you have studied turds for 17 years beating professor Valkie's 17 years of post-graduate study.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #128 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:49pm

Quote:
So you think all cultures are equal?

It is not me claiming that all cultures are not equal.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #129 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:51pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:48pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
A turd is a turd by any name

Gordon is now professing expertise on turds.

You'll have to put more time in post-graduate study like professor Valkie did.

Come back when you have studied turds for 17 years beating professor Valkie's 17 years of post-graduate study.

Then you will deign to talk to the uneducated about turds? Are you admitting to a professorial interest in this study of turds?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #130 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:52pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:49pm:
Quote:

Well, man up, are they all equal or not? Do you have a preference of what kind of culture you would like to live in?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #131 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:54pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:40pm:

So you think all cultures are equal? If a culture decides prisoners of war are to have their hearts torn beating from their chests to sacrifice to their gods, that's ok? We just do things differently? Since we live in a multicultural society, we should just accept it.

Set, people like Aussie and Greg have moral confusion.

She: What makes you think that science will ever be able to say that forcing women to wear burqas is wrong?

Me: Because I think that right and wrong are a matter of increasing or decreasing wellbeing—and it is obvious that forcing half the population to live in cloth bags, and beating or killing them if they refuse, is not a good strategy for maximizing human wellbeing.

She: But that’s only your opinion.

Me: Okay… Let’s make it even simpler. What if we found a culture that ritually blinded every third child by literally plucking out his or her eyes at birth, would you then agree that we had found a culture that was needlessly diminishing human wellbeing?

She: It would depend on why they were doing it.

Me (slowly returning my eyebrows from the back of my head): Let’s say they were doing it on the basis of religious superstition. In their scripture, God says, “Every third must walk in darkness.”

She: Then you could never say that they were wrong.

https://samharris.org/moral-confusion-in-the-name-of-science/

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #132 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:55pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
Quote:

Well, man up, are they all equal or not? Do you have a preference of what kind of culture you would like to live in?

Yeas.  For just one example ~ I'd love to have lived like a pre 1770 Aboriginal.  Life was simple.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #133 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 10:01pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Setanta wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:52pm:
Quote:

Yeas.  For just one example ~ I'd love to have lived like a pre 1770 Aboriginal.  Life was simple.

Why the Pre-European Australians? Any stone aged culture would be appropriate for your thinking.

Would you wan't your women-folk growing up in Saudi Arabia? If you would that may say more about you than me being a culturalist and despising cultures that do not offer any sort of freedom to it's people that is not kosher/halal according to a group of religious nuts.

What you are defending is an Australia ruled by the likes of Cory Bernardi,.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #134 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 10:09pm

Quote:
Why the Pre-European Australians? Any stone aged culture would be appropriate for your thinking.

Would you wan't your women-folk growing up in Saudi Arabia?

If I was a Saudi born and bred, I'd regard it as quite normal and anything esle, less worthy.

Quote:
If you would that may say more about you than me being a culturalist and despising cultures that do not offer any sort of freedom to it's people that is not right according to a group of religious nuts.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that is what you have not acknowledged.

Quote:
What you are defending is an Australia ruled by the likes of Cory Bernardi,.

I have no idea what he says about cultures.

Have you yet said whether the Jap and Chink cultures are equal?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Send Topic Print