Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12268 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Australia's Population
Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Population growth needs to stop....period. Worldwide!
We have taken away natural selection with no thought whatsoever of the inevitable consequences. OVERPOPULATION.
This economy built on growth,well, disposable growth as I call it now.....is destined to fail.

Humans are not ants.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
What was it Hanson said re migrants?
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"I don't agree with everything Pauline Hanson says, but some things I do agree.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:14pm

One Nation, The Australian Democrats and The Greens are the only regular parties that have had policies re population and numbers neither of the major parties have.

One Nation had a "Popultion Policy" based on sustainability and numbers, similar to the Dems and The Greens wanted a moratorium on immigration.

Years ago ON wanted to have a Zero Net migration policy, until a study was completed on numbers and the sustainability of the continent.  It also had a Watering Australia policy and worked with ex-Senator Ernie Bridge to bring the issue forward.  Seems to me people like bwian should have gotten behind them Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:15pm

Great, another crap driver who takes 5 goes to reverse into a spot.

IBI

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:24pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Humans are not ants.

And just when I thought there were no more scientific discoveries to be made.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:47pm

I have stated many times in this forum

The human population is too large for the available resources.

If we continue on this logarithmic population growth

We will eventually die out from any number of things

But as one country has resources that another does not have

There will be war on a scale previously unseen.

We need to start reducing numbers

Not just in Australia, but worldwide. Now

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm

So Valkie is arguing for more foreign aid to help countries reduce excessive birthrates and to improve where and how the people of those countries live.

BuMet has found that the southern half of the country is warming and drying out—what to do about that?

With the amount of food waste we can feed more people by minimising waste.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:55pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm:

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

Bwian agrees with Pauline, oh deary deary me tsk tsk tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:56pm

I bet Brian doesn't care if thousands of country shoppers flood into the country?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Quote:

Albert Wong...

For you this is simply another place to aggrandise.   Time you woke up to yourself, Geoff.  You're wasting your time.  If you cannot talk about how many migrants we should accept and provide reasons why, bugger off back to your little kiddies, playground, OK?  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:06pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
I bet Brian doesn't care if thousands of country shoppers flood into the country?

Define "country shoppers", Hammer.

I don't care where migrants come from, unlike yourself it appears.  Tsk, tsk, just can't keep your Xenophobia out of a conversation, can you?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:06pm:

I don't care where migrants come from, unlike yourself it appears.  Tsk, tsk, just can't keep your Xenophobia out of a conversation, can you?   Roll Eyes

I understand social cohesion and the need for a racial majority for multiculturalism to work. The current immigration make up is going to sink Australia and many people agree.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
So Valkie is arguing for more foreign aid to help countries reduce excessive birthrates and to improve where and how the people of those countries live.

BuMet has found that the southern half of the country is warming and drying out—what to do about that?

That is the cruzx of the problem
The more food we give to countries that cannot support themselves
The bigger the problem gets

More food
More breeding

Stop the aid now
Or
Only give food to people willing to be sterilised.

In a few generations the world would be better off

Allowing or even feeding uncontrolled breeding will only make it worse
And you can't keep bringing in the overflow into Australia or any other country because they breed out of control here as well

Invasion by refugee and outbreeding us

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm

We have taken away natural selection with no thought whatsoever of the inevitable consequences. OVERPOPULATION.
This economy built on growth,well, disposable growth as I call it now.....is destined to fail.

Humans are not ants.

Just chess pieces on a board to be moved around by social science mandarins with nothing else to do but wreck a silly nation alongside their politician running dogs who support their cr@p.

We need to look at the hard realities of massive and escalating over-population in the ROTW, aided and abetted by AID programs that encourage over-breeding since WOTW will pick up the slack through our bleeding hearts programs, and then unless we are adequately defended, one day we will be over-run by The Sallow Peril in particular.

Natural selection?  We could always breed with fine young Chinese or Japanese chicks.... no worries..... broaden the genetic base...... I suspect a Chinese ancestor somewhere... or similar... lovely olive skin and a slight epicanthic fold on my wise eyes - they used to call me Ming at school ... but my Jewish great-grandparents might not agree....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:33pm

The immigration racket is nothing more than the government finding new customers for banks so their ponzi lending scheme does not collapse and at the same time benefiting from increased taxes and stamp duty that results from doling out money to deadbeats who have never been able to borrow so much money in their lives !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:04pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

For you this is simply another place to aggrandise.   Time you woke up to yourself, Geoff.  You're wasting your time.  If you cannot talk about how many migrants we should accept and provide reasons why, bugger off back to your little kiddies, playground, OK?  Roll Eyes

Shut up bwian.
Time for you to face the TRUTH....
or cant you?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm:

That is the cruzx of the problem
The more food we give to countries that cannot support themselves
The bigger the problem gets

More food
More breeding

Stop the aid now
Or
Only give food to people willing to be sterilised.

In a few generations the world would be better off

Allowing or even feeding uncontrolled breeding will only make it worse
And you can't keep bringing in the overflow into Australia or any other country because they breed out of control here as well

Invasion by refugee and outbreeding us

I never said nothing about giving food.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:06pm:

I understand social cohesion and the need for a racial majority for multiculturalism to work. The current immigration make up is going to sink Australia and many people agree.

Your understanding is mistaken.  Not willing to contribute without resorting to Xenophobia, Hammer?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:57pm

Not Xenophobia - Austrophilia....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:35pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Shut up bwian.
or cant you?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Shouting again, Geoff?  Time to run back to the little kiddies' playground, I can hear your child-minder calling you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm

At least it's not a retarded muzlum wrapped in a black tent

images_143.jpg (18 KB | 31 )
images_143.jpg

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:57pm:

Problem is, Hammer hates Indigenous Australians, Graps.  So, your descriptor fails.  He hates anybody who doesn't fit his narrow-minded, narrow view of what an Australian can be - White, Blonde haired, Blue eyed, tall, sun bronzed and of course a Life Saver...   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:57pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Shut up bwian.
or cant you?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Shouting again, Geoff?  Time to run back to the little kiddies' playground, I can hear your child-minder calling you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh no bwian just making sure everyone is aware of your cowardice and lies.
I have posted on topic.
You have played the man yet again.
Wassup cant face the truth?  hmmm

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:10pm

One more time for bwian who just cant face the truth or admit to it.

Quote:

Albert Wong...

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:01pm:

Problem is, Hammer hates Indigenous Australian, Graps.  So, your descriptor fails.  He hates anybody who doesn't fit his narrow-minded, narrow view of what an Australian can be - White, Blonde haired, Blue eyed, tall, sun bronzed and of course a Life Saver...   Roll Eyes

Don't see Africa destroying their race and culture like we do Brian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:59pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Shut up bwian.
or cant you?

I have posted on topic.

Still shouting and ranting, Geoff?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Please take your bullying tactics elsewhere.  I am trying to have a serious discussion here.   Tsk, tsk,   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #27 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:41pm:

Problem is, Hammer hates Indigenous Australian, Graps.  So, your descriptor fails.  He hates anybody who doesn't fit his narrow-minded, narrow view of what an Australian can be - White, Blonde haired, Blue eyed, tall, sun bronzed and of course a Life Saver...   Roll Eyes

Who cares, Hammer?   We aren't discussing South African nor are we discussing "race" and culture.  We are talking about Immigration.  How big a population do you want?  That is the question.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:01pm:

Who cares, Hammer?   We aren't discussing South African nor are we discussing "race" and culture.  We are talking about Immigration.  How big a population do you want?  That is the question.  Roll Eyes

I'd scrap all student visas and poorly  qualified migrants tomorrow. Our environment is being bulldozed to house and feed people. We don't have  good healthy land to spare. I went up to Coffs harbour recently and they were ripping up bushland right left and centre. It's happening all over the country and it makes me sick. Once an ecosystem is disturbed most native animals disappear.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Humans are not ants.

And just when I thought there were no more scientific discoveries to be made.

So you don't understand context???

Didn't the OP ask for a clean thread??? Hmmmmm. Can't help oneself.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #30 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 8:55pm

Why can't men stop putting it in?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

Humans are not ants.

Just chess pieces on a board to be moved around by social science mandarins with nothing else to do but wreck a silly nation alongside their politician running dogs who support their cr@p.

We need to look at the hard realities of massive and escalating over-population in the ROTW, aided and abetted by AID programs that encourage over-breeding since WOTW will pick up the slack through our bleeding hearts programs, and then unless we are adequately defended, one day we will be over-run by The Sallow Peril in particular.

Natural selection?  We could always breed with fine young Chinese or Japanese chicks.... no worries..... broaden the genetic base...... I suspect a Chinese ancestor somewhere... or similar... lovely olive skin and a slight epicanthic fold on my wise eyes - they used to call me Ming at school ... but my Jewish great-grandparents might not agree....

With the introduction of modern medicine we have enabled a whole new platform of life. We no longer die from what we now call a cold. We can keep vegetables alive (I don't mean the food kind bojack.....sorry, have to be clear for the "specials" round here). This all adds to the inevitable.

And you are 100% correct in surmising that the stupid gullible dill brains in the western world played a massive part on 3rd world populations growing out of control. Now we all pay the price for the actions of a minority by bringing them here. Stupidity at the highest level.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 11:38pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
At least it's not a retarded muzlum wrapped in a black tent

.. that's what I'm talking about .............

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am

Brian

How about besides the numbers you consider those that have come & will come who are & will be long term recipients of our welfare system?

Those without education, skills albeit breeding & chances of employment ...... or the real wish to be employed or to integrate into our society & respect our values & laws?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #34 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:17pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
I have stated many times in this forum

The human population is too large for the available resources.

If we continue on this logarithmic population growth

We will eventually die out from any number of things

But as one country has resources that another does not have

There will be war on a scale previously unseen.

We need to start reducing numbers

Not just in Australia, but worldwide. Now

Valkie should lead by example.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:21pm

Too many half-citizens who don't really belong and have no wish to really belong.... to the Western Deserts with them and on the road gang to earn their spurs.... make their bones or leave them in the trackless wastes....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:24pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am:
Brian

How about besides the numbers you consider those that have come & will come who are & will be long term recipients of our welfare system?

Those without education, skills albeit breeding & chances of employment ...... or the real wish to be employed or to integrate into our society & respect our values & laws?

Some genius demograp-her (yep - another sheila filled with the fruits of human knowledge and clear speech) from ANU said that even if Australia cut out immigration immediately, there would still be need for more schools etc... well... Buggar Me?  Who'd've thunk it...?????  Roll Eyes

It takes years of eddication and massive oversalary and super etc to get to the position of being able to root out such arcane knowledge.... and speak it in public!!    Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

The mighty have spoken, so it must be true.... bow down, ye great unwashed.....  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:59pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Shut up bwian.
or cant you?

I have posted on topic.

Still shouting and ranting, Geoff?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Please take your bullying tactics elsewhere.  I am trying to have a serious discussion here.   Tsk, tsk,   Roll Eyes

No you are not.
I am though.....
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Shut up bwian.
or cant you?

I have posted on topic.

Yawn

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
One more time for bwian who just cant face the truth or admit to it.

Quote:

Albert Wong...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm

So bwian lets see you admit you agree with PHON policy.
Lets see you admit that the major parties have never addressed the issue properly.
Lets see you comment on the policies I mentioned.
Lets see you stop lying drop the ad hom and ridicule and address the topic...  after all YOU started it.

Re Numbers...  25 million is too many for our current infrastructure to cope with comfortably.
How do you suggest we cope with that problem? Roll Eyes

Do try to be sensible and stop your bullying eh. Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:56pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:01pm:

I'd scrap all student visas and poorly  qualified migrants tomorrow. Our environment is being bulldozed to house and feed people. We don't have  good healthy land to spare. I went up to Coffs harbour recently and they were ripping up bushland right left and centre. It's happening all over the country and it makes me sick. Once an ecosystem is disturbed most native animals disappear.

Student visa holders are not counted as being part of Australia's population, Hammer.

We do not accept "poorly qualified" migrants, other than on humanitarian grounds and they contribute only a fraction to the total number of Migrants that settle in Australia.

In the first case, with Student Visa holders, you'd overturn one of Australia's largest export industries.   Are you prepared to accept the significant hit that would cause on the Australian economy, Hammer?

In the second case, as I have said, the only "poorly qualified" migrants we accept are accepted on humanitarian grounds.  Are you such an non-humanitarian that you'd deny mercy to those who need us to show some?

Surely the real problem is where potential migrants want to settle?  Perhaps we need a "living tax" imposed on those that choose to settle in the Eastern seaboard capital cities?   Provide some incentive to move out to regional and other states?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm

Brian

As far as I am aware, such people are a only a small part of our migrant intake.   Most arrive through the humanitarian stream.   As their position is usually desperate and they are in personal danger and most make a real effort to become a part of the Australian community, I believe you are griping unnecessarily.   Roll Eyes

We now have 25 million Australians.  Is that too many?  Just right?  Not enough?  Choice is yours.  Provide reasons for your choice please. 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:08pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm:

What policy, Geoff?  I cannot fine their "population policy" on their website.  Provide a link to it and I'll see if I agree with it.

Quote:
Lets see you admit that the major parties have never addressed the issue properly.

Have I ever denied that, Geoff?  Care to provide a quote for me where I have suggested that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Not interested in policies, Geoff.  You don't appear to understand that.

I want a number and the reasons why you have supplied that number for Australia's population.

We now have 25 million Australians.   Is that too many?  Too little?  Just enough?  If so, why?

Tell us why you consider your number better than what we actually have now.

Quote:
Lets see you stop lying drop the ad hom and ridicule and address the topic...  after all YOU started it.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who is employing ad hominem is yourself, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Re Numbers...  25 million is too many for our current infrastructure to cope with comfortably.

Build more infrastructure?  Build better infrastructure?   Is infrastructure your only concern, Geoff?  Can't that be fixed with the manufacture of more schools/hospitals/roads/railways/etc.?

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  No prizes for second best, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm:

What policy, Geoff?  I cannot fine their "population policy" on their website.  Provide a link to it and I'll see if I agree with it.

Quote:

Have I ever denied that, Geoff?  Care to provide a quote for me where I have suggested that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Not interested in policies, Geoff.  You don't appear to understand that.

I want a number and the reasons why you have supplied that number for Australia's population.

We now have 25 million Australians.   Is that too many?  Too little?  Just enough?  If so, why?

Tell us why you consider your number better than what we actually have now.

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who is employing ad hominem is yourself, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Build more infrastructure?  Build better infrastructure?   Is infrastructure your only concern, Geoff?  Can't that be fixed with the manufacture of more schools/hospitals/roads/railways/etc.?

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  No prizes for second best, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

listen you disingenuous Pxxxx
PHON didn't just start today you know.
I cant answer for their current lack of website information.
But unlike you apparently I'm very aware of their policies over the years.
perhaps you should have stopped being an obsessive lying TROLL all those years...
I have made my point you are such a coward you cant even admit when you are wrong and have been for decades.
Now do try an actually address what I've posted instead of running away from it eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh and bwian if you don't know what infrastructure is join Stott Despoja because she never knew either.
Now stop wasting my time on YOUR topic.

Please post a link where you ever criticised the major parties for not having a real population policy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

oh and bwian if you aren't interested in policies bwian or policy ideas and suggestions I suggest you join a cooking forum.  because frankly your half baked crap just doesn't cut it here.

BTW I already answered your stupid questions.   More than YOU ever do. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:26pm

oh and bwian apparently they do have a page on population after all  tsk, tsk, tsk

maybe the word immigration threw you off. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 8:55pm:
Why can't men stop putting it in?

You don't have to put up with it, you know.

If it's bothering you, just tell them that no means no.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:41pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm:

What was that you said about the use of ad hominem argument, Geoff?  Mmm?   Roll Eyes
Quote:

Where did I claim that?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Funny, you seem unable to provide a link to it.  I can't find it.  Does it even exist, except in your imagination like your "Today Tonight" "Survey"?

So, how are we supposed to know about this "Population Policy" if we cannot read it, Geoff?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
perhaps you should have stopped being an obsessive lying TROLL all those years...

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Geoff.  Your tired old record appears to be struck again...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I have made my point you are such a coward you cant even admit when you are wrong and have been for decades.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Still stuck in that groove, Geoff.  I am quite willing to admit my errors when proof is produced of them.  You just make claims but never produce proof.  Funny that. hey, Geoff?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Now do try an actually address what I've posted instead of running away from it eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Where have I "run away" from anything in this thread, Geoff?  I've pointed out I am interested in a discussion about numbers, not policies.  Are you find that a difficult concept to understand?    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Oh and bwian if you don't know what infrastructure is join Stott Despoja because she never knew either.

Where have I shown I don't know what "infrastructure" is, Geoff?  Tsk, tsk,   Roll Eyes
Quote:

The only person who appears to be wasting time is you.  You with your endless broken record, your ranting and shouting and personal abuse.  Tsk, tsk, run along, Geoff.  Off back to your little kiddies' playground where you can bully your friends as much as you like.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Now, lets discuss numbers, shall we?  That is if you can throw away your broken record.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:42pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
oh and bwian apparently they do have a page on population after all  tsk, tsk, tsk

Still unable to provide a link, Geoff?  Funny that, hey?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:43pm

"Let’s not forget that in the first Intergenerational Report released in 2002, it was predicted Australia’s population would reach 25 million in 2042. It will reach 25 million this year. That’s a difference of 24 years."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/judith-sloan/bring-it-on-the...
of course infrastructure has kept pace. /sarc

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:41am

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:42pm:

Just not a lazy lying Pxxx bwian...
You? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:54am

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:41pm:

What was that you said about the use of ad hominem argument, Geoff?  Mmm?   Roll Eyes
I said you use it all the time bwian.  I on the other hand don't.

Quote:

Oh dear what a disingenuous Pxxxx you are...  no one said you did bwian the point is one you refuse to even acknowledge.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:

Funny, you seem unable to provide a link to it.  I can't find it.  Does it even exist, except in your imagination like your "Today Tonight" "Survey"?
Oh dear bwian bwian bwian...  its A Current Affair dopey.
Why don't you ring 9 and ask them about it get the facts first hand.
I already posted proof several times here that you ignore and dismiss and pretend doesn't exist.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So, how are we supposed to know about this "Population Policy" if we cannot read it, Geoff?  Mmmm?   Roll Eyes
Well you should have been a member when I was bwian and you'd know something factual for a change.
I note I have mentioned several party policies and you ignore them too.  Tsk, tsk, tsk bwian what a Wxxxx you are.
The media still refer to the Zero net migration policy you seem oblivious to, even though I cited that one too.  Why is it you know nothing bwian yet many people even non-members know more than you? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Geoff.  Your tired old record appears to be struck again...   Roll Eyes

Oh dearie dearie me, tsk, tsk tsk bwian...  you are such a lying hypocrite.

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Still stuck in that groove, Geoff.  I am quite willing to admit my errors when proof is produced of them.  You just make claims but never produce proof.  Funny that. hey, Geoff?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

LOL Oh dearie dearie me bwian Tsk, tsk, tsk..... 
You simply lie and ignore the proof bwian....  you waste my time and post crap all over this site.

Quote:

Where have I "run away" from anything in this thread, Geoff?  I've pointed out I am interested in a discussion about numbers, not policies.  Are you find that a difficult concept to understand?    Roll Eyes
Oh my bwian did I miss you actually addressing the facts and points?  No you ignored them and ran away from them as usual...
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Quote:

Where have I shown I don't know what "infrastructure" is, Geoff?  Tsk, tsk,   Roll Eyes
Your very limited post re what Infrastructure is bwian...  you see unlike you I don't simply ignore what YOU say...

Quote:

The only person who appears to be wasting time is you.  You with your endless broken record, your ranting and shouting and personal abuse.  Tsk, tsk, run along, Geoff.  Off back to your little kiddies' playground where you can bully your friends as much as you like.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No bwian its obvious who needs to run along...  who the lying hypocrite here is, take a look in a mirror bwian see that pathetic individual up close

Now, lets discuss numbers, shall we?  That is if you can throw away your broken record. 

I already did bwian...  oh dearie dearie me....  tsk, tsk, tsk... you are such a fool.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Brian

As far as I am aware, such people are a only a small part of our migrant intake.   Most arrive through the humanitarian stream.   As their position is usually desperate and they are in personal danger and most make a real effort to become a part of the Australian community, I believe you are griping unnecessarily.   Roll Eyes

We now have 25 million Australians.  Is that too many?  Just right?  Not enough?  Choice is yours.  Provide reasons for your choice please. 

It's already been discussed through the news media....

that at that current figure of 25 million .... the infrastructure & social services are inadequate.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #53 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:08pm

There's a simple, cheap, solution to get rid of some fifth column closet poms.

Offer closet poms their ten pounds back to return to the UK.

The depopulation bag-men should visit surreptitious bigot Grappler first.

Australian population would decline to eventual extinction if immigration ceases not only because of the number of immigrants, but because immigrants have more children than closet poms.

The Australian economy is also addicted to immigration because immigrants bring money, and spend a lot of money to establish themselves after arrival. The Australian economy would hit the wall without that money.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:53pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Brian

that at that current figure of 25 million .... the infrastructure & social services are inadequate.

Infrastructure is not a problem, the hundreds of thousands of Indians swarming into this country under our almost open gate policy will teach us how to better utilize our existing infrastructure.

indiatrain03.jpg (67 KB | 33 )
indiatrain03.jpg

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:12pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:41am:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, now what was it you said about using ad hominem insults, Geoff?   

You want me to read something but don't provide a link.  When I state I cannot find it on the PHONies' webpage, you deride me.   Oh, dear, it looks like you don't want me to read it, you just want to insult me.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #56 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:14pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:54am:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:41pm:

I said you use it all the time bwian.  I on the other hand don't.

Quote:

Oh dear what a disingenuous Pxxxx you are...  no one said you did bwian the point is one you refuse to even acknowledge.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:

Oh dear bwian bwian bwian...  its A Current Affair dopey.
Why don't you ring 9 and ask them about it get the facts first hand.
I already posted proof several times here that you ignore and dismiss and pretend doesn't exist.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well you should have been a member when I was bwian and you'd know something factual for a change.
I note I have mentioned several party policies and you ignore them too.  Tsk, tsk, tsk bwian what a Wxxxx you are.
The media still refer to the Zero net migration policy you seem oblivious to, even though I cited that one too.  Why is it you know nothing bwian yet many people even non-members know more than you? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:

Oh dearie dearie me, tsk, tsk tsk bwian...  you are such a lying hypocrite.

Quote:

LOL Oh dearie dearie me bwian Tsk, tsk, tsk..... 
You simply lie and ignore the proof bwian....  you waste my time and post crap all over this site.

Quote:

Oh my bwian did I miss you actually addressing the facts and points?  No you ignored them and ran away from them as usual...
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Quote:

Your very limited post re what Infrastructure is bwian...  you see unlike you I don't simply ignore what YOU say...

Quote:

No bwian its obvious who needs to run along...  who the lying hypocrite here is, take a look in a mirror bwian see that pathetic individual up close

I already did bwian...  oh dearie dearie me....  tsk, tsk, tsk... you are such a fool.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Still can't work out how to use the quote function, Geoff.  Run along darling, I'm sure all the other little kiddies in your playground are willing to put up with your childish antics.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Brian

Ah, an interesting answer.  OK, so, what is your solution?  Should we halt immigration until our infrastucture is restructured to cope with increased numbers or should we just allow the Government to play "catch up" as they always have?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:12pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, now what was it you said about using ad hominem insults, Geoff?   

You want me to read something but don't provide a link.  When I state I cannot find it on the PHONies' webpage, you deride me.   Oh, dear, it looks like you don't want me to read it, you just want to insult me.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

LOL you expect me to believe you are so stupid you cant google one nation?  really?

OK...  YOU ARE THAT STUPID and YOU ARE A LIAR AND A HYPOCRITE...

I don't need to insult you you are a self perpetuating insult... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:12pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:12pm:

LOL you expect me to believe you are so stupid you cant google one nation?  really?

OK...  YOU ARE THAT STUPID and YOU ARE A LIAR AND A HYPOCRITE...

I don't need to insult you you are a self perpetuating insult... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

yawn

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #60 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:42pm

Exactly bwian you make everyone yawn... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Got nothing but flames and ad hom as usual eh.
Now that's a real YAWN Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:45pm

I've made numerous points re population policy.
You...  none just ad hom and crap.
Gnads and I both commented on NUMBERS which you demanded people do.
YOU, nix, nada nothing...  just personal crap.
Well done TROLL.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #62 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:42pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person using flames and ad hominem insults is you, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:29pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Well done TROLL.

Where, Geoff?  Was it somewhere amongst your flames and ad hominem insults?  I must have missed it.

Gnads OTOH, simply said, "it has been debated in the media" (or words to that effect).   His comment about infrastructure was more interesting and I replied to that.   Tsk, tsk, did you miss it in your shouting and ranting, Geoff?

Run along little man.  When you actually say something worth replying to, I will bother replying.   Until, please, just stop wasting our time and our bandwidth with your needless rants, please.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:42pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person using flames and ad hominem insults is you, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Even for a TROLL you are funny..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #65 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Well done TROLL.

Where, Geoff?  Was it somewhere amongst your flames and ad hominem insults?  I must have missed it.

Gnads OTOH, simply said, "it has been debated in the media" (or words to that effect).   His comment about infrastructure was more interesting and I replied to that.   Tsk, tsk, did you miss it in your shouting and ranting, Geoff?

Run along little man.  When you actually say something worth replying to, I will bother replying.   Until, please, just stop wasting our time and our bandwidth with your needless rants, please.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The fact you missed something because you are too busy insulting people is not my problem.

I have made several comments on Numbers, population policies, infrastructure etc, etc....  bwian it seems you missed them all.

Now run along...  THERE'S A GOOD TROLL... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:28pm

Oh dear bwian...  you lie about everyone and what they say, tsk, tsk, tsk...

Brian

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #67 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:29pm

Closet poms are blathering instead of getting on with the job of procreating.

They will have only themselves to blame when the closet pom extinction comes.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #68 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:37pm

ALL Actions & Inactions, have Consequences!

I suggest, you THINK THROUGH BOTH SIDES of THESE POPULATION ISSUES & SEE WHERE IT MAY LEAD US???

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:29pm:
Closet poms are blathering instead of getting on with the job of procreating.

They will have only themselves to blame when the closet pom extinction comes.

How about the 3rd world stop overbreeding? It's killing the world.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Too many immigrants and temporary residents.

Almost a million dont speak English.

So there are too many and the wrong mix.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:11pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:47pm

Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm:

So thre are too many and the wrong mix.

A big problem is  family reunions Frank. I had to go to the hospital several times of late and it has occurred to me that our hospitals are full of elderly sick  migrants. It's a massive drain. Migrants should not be a burden.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #72 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:50pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

You need some lead in your pencil. Get off your couch and stop blathering and get on the job.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:53pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:50pm:

You need some lead in your pencil. Get off your couch and stop blathering and get on the job.
Maybe if you 3rd worlders had other interests you wouldn't screw so much. Get a hobby.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:47pm:

A big problem is  family reunions Frank. I had to go to the hospital several times of late and it has occurred to me that our hospitals are full of elderly sick  migrants. It's a massive drain. Migrants should not be a burden.

It's  a Ponzi scheme, family reunion and large scale nondiscriminatory immigation generally.

Everyone gets old including  today's  young migrants. Will the Philippino nurses look after the elderly Muslims? Will the Chinese look after the Africans?  Will the niqabi nurses look after the jews and polytheists?  Identity politics will only get worse with more and more demographic and cultural fragmentation (diversity).  Social solidarity and shared bonds will continue to fray and weaken.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:53pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:50pm:

Maybe if you 3rd worlders had other interests you wouldn't screw so much. Get a hobby.

Nice try Mr. Hammer. Your hobby evidently leads to extinction. By your own hand.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:47pm:

Sick old poms? Too sick for the UK NHS to cure?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm

We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:08pm:

Australian population would decline to eventual extinction if immigration ceases not only because of the number of immigrants, but because immigrants have more children than closet poms.

The Australian economy is also addicted to immigration because immigrants bring money, and spend a lot of money to establish themselves after arrival. The Australian economy would hit the wall without that money.

You should be first on the removal list.

Completely worthless.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
Brian

Ah, an interesting answer.  OK, so, what is your solution?  Should we halt immigration until our infrastucture is restructured to cope with increased numbers or should we just allow the Government to play "catch up" as they always have?

The number suggests we already have enough migrants.

So instead of playing catch up ... we should cease migration until we have caught up & done some future planning & implementation.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Should I repost the greens policy or One Nations policies here for you again bwian.
Do the words Sustainable, Moratorium, Zero Net Migration etc ring a bell in your huge vacuous head? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:27pm

Quote:

Albert Wong...

Two Wongs don't make a white, dear.

Pauline said that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:29pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Should I repost the greens policy or One Nations policies here for you again bwian.
Do the words Sustainable, Moratorium, Zero Net Migration etc ring a bell in your huge vacuous head? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ah - sustainable. That's FD's crowd.

What they mean is non-tinted, they're just too PC to say.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:27am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:08pm:

Good point, Forgiven, and herein lies the issue: immigration brings that 2.something per quarter in current GDP growth. That's the investment in building, household costs and services population growth brings. Without it, people's super funds would be nearly worthless in terms of interest. Foreign capital would go elsewhere. Business would contract.

Population growth needs to stabilise eventually, surely, but there's another option. Instead of getting rid of more people, get rid of more things. McMansions, two to three car families, waste, emissions, space, shopping sprees.

More and better designed urban density, more public transport, more trees and green spaces, recycled food waste. Clear off the roads with more light rail, trams and a high speed rail link between Melbourne and Brisbane. These are all things taken for granted in Europe, Russia and East Asia - and these places have Winters. Russia and China, for example, need to plan for -30 degree temperatures.

You can fit more people into better designed, more energy efficient spaces. Australia is still one of the world's biggest per capita CO2 emitters. We recycle next to nothing. We live and work in big, air conditioned boxes, and we clog our roads with one-person cars. Retail is heavily monopolised, so there's less competition for things like groceries and longer queues.

And this is just in the cities. In the country, they can't get customers.

Do things efficiently - like Japan, like Germany, like even the big cities in China - and population becomes an asset. It certainly is in Germany and Japan, who both have ageing populations and badly need workers.

Either that, or ban the tinted races. Easy, no?

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #84 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:16am

Let us all pray that a shark takes Freediver to kick off the disposal of the human waste in Australia.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:55am

Oh dear 2 more clowns...

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #86 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am

Johnnie wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #87 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am:

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #88 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:54am

Fine. Admittedly, "cull" is a bad choice of word to use. India needs a population policy like China's now-defunct one-child policy.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:24am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm:

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

So when the Indians come here to live do they burn it like we do, or live the environmental friendly life they do back home?

If Australia was a third world country and had the population like india then a lot more poor people would have nothing... like indias poor. I'd say this goes a long way to helping your rediculous claim.
So.....
We'd then have families living on traffic islands, begging in the streets etc.....seems you dopey carnts want to bring that to this country. I'm happy you dopes want to help the whole world....be a superhero so to speak.....but you lot on the "for" immigration shouldn't go unnoticed. You all should be recognised and put on a list so when it all goes turtle we have a list of the responsible parties and you can then ALL be held accountable.

Holt imigration now. Best for everyone.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #90 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am

Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:09am

Most of the population doesn't have electricity yet.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

"halt"?

I've seen no policy from them saying that they'll halt immigration.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:

"halt"?

Even for a TROLL you are a pedantic idiot.

What do you think Zero Net Migration achieves...? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:39pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:

"halt"?

Even for a TROLL you are a pedantic idiot.

What do you think Zero Net Migration achieves...? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"we believe in zero net migration. By this, we mean that we will adjust the immigration intake so that it leads to a healthy population profile after natural births and deaths are taken into account."

Nothing about halting immigration.

You should have read their policy first.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm

"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

"... we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Again: nothing about halting immigration.

Do yourself a favour and read their polices, before you make a similar mistake.

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:24am:
... Holt imigration now. Best for everyone.

"Holt imigration" before the English language becomes unrecognizable and closet poms yabber bigotry?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:21pm

You don't want to talk about ethnicity but your OP link has "female and Chinese" in it

25 Million is quite enough.

Small towns and villages have no running water, they rely on rainfall to fill tanks

Business and employment are not booming in rural and regional areas, just static, immigrants would only make it worse

Farmers are committing suicide and drought affects farmers all to often, globalization free trade hasn't really helped our farmers

There's inadequate funds for infrastructure in the bush, the roads are bad and lots of bridges need rebuilding

Mobile phone reception is only in the more populated areas and only if there's no high geological features to block it

Electricity can go off for whole days, when I get notified of disruptions, I plan a trip somewhere for those days

The cost of living is higher outside of the big cities, but the general rural population is content to be separate from the problems of Melbourne in particular and other capital cities. However, a surge of diversified immigrants of unknown character and skills would mostly devastate the peace and tranquility that rural people enjoy in spite of the hardships

There are a multitude of issues that need to be taken into account for a population any greater than what have now. For too long it's only been about "growth" and almost immigration for the sake of immigration. We've seen how that's been working out, not real good

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #99 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Very good post, BR. Sensible and moderate. I'm agree that numbers should be the priority over race, ethnicity and religion; but we must also put people before numbers, in the case of asylum seekers.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:09pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
but we must also put people before numbers, in the case of asylum seekers.

So asylum seekers don't increase the numbers? one more asylum seeker is one more immigrant adding to the population number

Or were you thinking that just a few asylum seekers wouldn't make any difference?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #101 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm

Lol

You are an idiot gweggy....  I was referring to this comment....

So when the Indians come here to live do they burn it like we do, or live the environmental friendly life they do back home?

If Australia was a third world country and had the population like india then a lot more poor people would have nothing... like indias poor. I'd say this goes a long way to helping your rediculous claim.
So.....
We'd then have families living on traffic islands, begging in the streets etc.....seems you dopey carnts want to bring that to this country. I'm happy you dopes want to help the whole world....be a superhero so to speak.....but you lot on the "for" immigration shouldn't go unnoticed. You all should be recognised and put on a list so when it all goes turtle we have a list of the responsible parties and you can then ALL be held accountable.

I know it isn't spelt correctly but hey I'm not an idiotic pedantic troll like you. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm:

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should stop lying and lying about me too bwian because frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:22pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Lol

So.....

I know it isn't spelt correctly but hey I'm not an idiotic pedantic troll like you. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

[highlight]Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. [/highlight]Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not according to One Nation, which is who you were talking about..

"we believe in zero net migration. By this, we mean that we will adjust the immigration intake so that it leads to a healthy population profile after natural births and deaths are taken into account."

"adjust"

No mention of "no increases".

You really should read their policy, before you make a fool of yourself again.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:22pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Lol

So.....

[highlight]Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. [/highlight]Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not according to One Nation, which is who you were talking about..

"adjust"

No mention of "no increases".

You really should read their policy, before you make a fool of yourself again.

Oh dear.

"We hope that this brief discussion of the peculiarities associated with zero net migration will contribute to a better understanding of its impact on population growth.

"We cannot assume that zero net migration results in a zero impact on population size.

"On the contrary, and depending on the fertility of the immigrants and the extent of gross migration, zero net migration has a rather strong upward impact on population size."

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #105 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:26pm

No race is mentioned there clowns, but still you choose to be selective in what you post and lie about it as well.
Why didn't you post the whole lot Gweggy....  wassup, doesn't fit with your lies and slander?

You never posted Zero net migration either gweggy....  oh dear, because that is still part of their current policy even if you chose to ignore it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:29pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:26pm:

No race is mentioned there clowns, but still you choose to be selective in what you post and lie about it as well.
Why didn't you post the whole lot Gweggy....  wassup, doesn't fit with your lies and slander?

You never posted Zero net migration either gweggy....  oh dear, because that is still part of their current policy even if you chose to ignore it.

I never mentioned race.

From One Nation:

No mention of "no increase".

Why did you lie?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:29pm:

I never mentioned race.

From One Nation:

Why did you lie?

Oh dear.

"We hope that this brief discussion of the peculiarities associated with zero net migration will contribute to a better understanding of its impact on population growth.

"We cannot assume that zero net migration results in a zero impact on population size.

"On the contrary, and depending on the fertility of the immigrants and the extent of gross migration, zero net migration has a rather strong upward impact on population size."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:34pm

No mention of halting migration:

One Nation recognize the invaluable contribution of overseas-born Australians, who have enriched our culture, committed to our values, our law, our political institutions and the equality of the sexes.

The contribution of migrants and their families to Australia is undeniable when migrants come to embrace our way of life and not to change it.

We support English as Australia’s official language because it’s a unifying force and advances migrant communities as well as Australia’s interests.

We recognize the value of heritage languages and we encourage their preservation.

We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first.

Our Constitution prevents us from asking the religion of those who seek to migrate to Australia, but equally, we cannot ignore first, second and third generation migrants who violently reject Australia’s democratic values and institutions in the name of Islam.

Until we can find a solution to this problem we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited.

We believe immigration numbers have been too high in the past. Over 60% of our population growth in the past decade has come from immigration and we see high rates of immigration as the source of other problems including unaffordable housing. We believe any growth in population needs to be planned ahead so that infrastructure including water, electricity, hospitals, schools, and public transport are available to respond to an increased population.

When we look at countries with high standards of living we find they have relatively small populations and that the population number is in harmony with the natural carrying capacity of the country.

We live in the most arid continent in the world with a fragile ecosystem and on this basis, we believe in zero net migration. By this, we mean that we will adjust the immigration intake so that it leads to a healthy population profile after natural births and deaths are taken into account.

We believe the best population growth comes from Australian citizens having children. We want Australians to have the number of children they can afford to look after but we also want to reduce the barriers for Australians to have children, including lowering the cost of housing which will follow if immigration numbers are reduced.

We believe Government has for too long relied on population growth to overcome weak economic policies. We will consult Australians at the time of each federal election on whether they think the immigration numbers are too high, about right or too low and we will respond to that information in setting the annual intake of migrants.

We know that over 80% of new migrants live in Capital cities and are highly concentrated in particular postcodes. We believe it is time to set aside a number of migration visas to build up the regional centers of Australia where it is appropriate and where work is available.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #109 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Direct from the horse's mouth and the actual policy i was quoting...

Quote:
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

*To aim for population stability in Australia, the immigration intake will be restricted to zero net migration,
that is, immigration numbers will replace the number of persons permanently leaving Australia each year.

Rabbit on all you like, twist meanings, move goalposts create strawmen, lie etc, etc, etc....

This is what the ZNM policy by PHON meant and still means.
Population will still go up naturally due to births and down due to deaths, but immigration will be a ZERO sum dummy. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:40pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:38pm:

Quote:
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

*To aim for population stability in Australia, the immigration intake will be restricted to zero net migration,
that is, immigration numbers will replace the number of persons permanently leaving Australia each year.

Rabbit on all you like, twist meanings, move goalposts create strawmen, lie etc, etc, etc....

Population will still go up naturally due to births and down due to deaths, but immigration will be a ZERO sum dummy.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This is directly from their policy:

Oh dear.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:42pm

I never mentioned race.

From One Nation:

Why did you lie?

LOL
Why are you so dumb?
We are talking about Immigration numbers dopey.
You know people coming in and people leaving the country. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BTW bwian quoted you and mentioned it stupid... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
or is it you think of yourself in the plural.... CLOWNS.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #112 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:09pm:

So asylum seekers don't increase the numbers? one more asylum seeker is one more immigrant adding to the population number

Or were you thinking that just a few asylum seekers wouldn't make any difference? 

So, do you think that torturing asylum seekers and/or causing hardship to those people as is the case on Nauru something we should continue?? Why don't we end the suffering of those people first, then talk about how many people we want??

The Progressive President

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:42pm:

I never mentioned race.

From One Nation:

Why did you lie?

LOL
Why are you so dumb?
We are talking about Immigration numbers dopey.
You know people coming in and people leaving the country. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BTW bwian quoted you and mentioned it stupid... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
or is it you think of yourself in the plural.... CLOWNS.

And One Nation do not have a policy of stopping immigration.

So, why did you lie?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:17pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:39pm:

"Holt imigration" before the English language becomes unrecognizable and closet poms yabber bigotry?

Spelling nazi hey???

What is a closet pom champ? 
Pom is a discription given to one of english blood, no?
No english blood here but happy to work along side them in building this country into the safe haven it is. As did my father and his father.

You see its this hard work that we "Aussies" put in that gives us the right to say NO to people outside this country and to people that want to come here and bludge or do harm. It also gets a bit annoying when little traitors inside our own camp want to let in potential threats....all to feel warm and fuzzy within themselves while the blood of their own is spilt. After all, them their lovey dovey save everyone families are the ones that fed these people and caused a massive increase in an already bloated, poverty burdened population.
Clap faarrking clap.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:27pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:09pm:

So, do you think that torturing asylum seekers and/or causing hardship to those people as is the case on Nauru something we should continue?? Why don't we end the suffering of those people first, then talk about how many people we want??

Two separate issues. But I'm adamant that immigration should stop until the many issues associated with it are re-hammered out ... or bring it to a mere trickle of immigrants with proven skills and qualifications while the nation has a brand new conversation about immigration. We need to break the Lib Lab hold on the policy, we are currently witnessing how that's going, it's not real good. What happened to that Islander women who killed her nine children in North Queensland? Why was she making sure population numbers didn't rise?

The population number we have now is quite sufficient until we get a few things sorted out, especially in rural localities

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #116 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:17pm:

Spelling nazi hey???

No english blood here but happy to work along side them in building this country into the safe haven it is. As did my father and his father.

You see its this hard work that we "Aussies" put in that gives us the right to say NO to people outside this country and to people that want to come here and bludge or do harm. It also gets a bit annoying when little traitors inside our own camp want to let in potential threats....all to feel warm and fuzzy within themselves while the blood of their own is spilt. After all, them their lovey dovey save everyone families are the ones that fed these people and caused a massive increase in an already bloated, poverty burdened population.
Clap faarrking clap.

The sweat pours off your anus and you groan and grimace working hard while your smart-working owners are sipping chardonnay or champagne in airconditioned comfort.

People like you are two bob a truckload.

You are indeed lucky that caves are cheap and roadkill is plentiful, loser.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #117 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:36pm

Quote:
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

Population will still go up naturally due to births and down due to deaths, but immigration will be a ZERO sum dummy. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This is from their ZNM policy I mentioned earlier you doofus, get it....  how many times must i repeat myself.
I posted the information directly from their website.
Not from the site you are using that talks roughly about immigration and rules etc...  this is from the POPULATION POLICY

Not my fault you don't know where to look or the history of the party.
bwian asked for information just on NUMBERS but both of you have broken bwian's rules...  it seems I am the only one who hasn't.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #118 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:43pm

I never used the term halting immigration gweggy.
I quoted the post that did.
I replied to that post.
I never said PHON had a policy to halt immigration that was you lying again.
I said it had a Zero Net migration policy, which unless you are a moronic pedant amounts to the same thing.

How many times must that be explained to you.
I even posted the definition from the original policy for you dopey.

Now stop wasting my time TROLL.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #119 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:52pm

This is what I said in reply to the "holt imigration" call.

Zero Net Migration dummy for all intents and purposes is a halt on IMMIGRATION...

I'll post the PHON defn for you yet again from their original website not the crap one you keep posting from.  But from the one where the policy was first released.

Quote:
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

*To aim for population stability in Australia, the immigration intake will be restricted to zero net migration, that is, immigration numbers will replace the number of persons permanently leaving Australia each year.

One more time for the Uber Dummy Gweggy...  this means that numbers coming in can only equal the numbers going out.   It's a ZERO SUM solution dopey.  Get an adult to explain it to you because I cant be bothered with you anymore TROLL.  There is only so many times a person can repeat themselves to abject stupidity like yours before they give in.

So it goes to show that Immigration numbers will not increase the Australian population therefore for all intents and purposes immigration numbers have been halted YOU FWIT. Cheesy

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #120 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:08pm

Could we backdate the PHON immigration policy to the arrival date of Grendel's forebears?

Also, Grappler is desperate to return to his ancestral home. Can he be accommodated?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #121 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:09pm

I'm still disappointed YOU were UNABORTED Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:34pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:09pm:

Not at all. Here you were thinking that Pauline wants to stop immigration. Greggery has just shown you

If he had been aborted, you never would have known that, Grendel.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #123 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:18am

Is that a yes?

Grendel please report to the poop-chute of history immediately for your return journey.

Your fare has been crowd-funded. Indeed it was 10,000 percent over-subscribed.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:57am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:17pm:

Spelling nazi hey???

Clap faarrking clap.

The sweat pours off your anus and you groan and grimace working hard while your smart-working owners are sipping chardonnay or champagne in airconditioned comfort.

People like you are two bob a truckload.

You are indeed lucky that caves are cheap and roadkill is plentiful, loser.

Bwahahahaha.
So I am a loser because I have a high paying job and work hard to support my family and pay my bills????
Or because I am telling some two bit blowin that he won't be bringing his mates here.
Or because you have absolutely no argument over what I've posted and deep down you know what I typed is true????
All of the above.  Wink

Then you want to pick on my lifestyle. Call me a closet pom.
I like it when you spoilt brats do that. You see...money and material items don't bring happiness. You will spend your entire life trying to work that out. And don't say you're happy. Just in your reply above and the way you spam others on here tells me you're miserable. That's okay because you're the one caught up in the banks global domination. Running others down will not help you in the long run,rather it will fuel the angst inside.

My cave is my cave. No hand me downs from a silver spoon wealthy family. I have built my families cave and all the things we have out of my own sweating anus. But I like working. Something that you can not even imagine....although to look good on this forum you will say you have not had any financial injection into your life, 90% of people have....but just from your response above you are one of the spoon fed types that puff their chest up and walk around as though they are high and mighty.....putting people down when they have no legit argument to run with.
Well keep it up. Must make you feel very big to run a total stranger down online..... Cheesy I'd happily swap the keyboard for a pair of gloves and a 5m x 5m ring. You'd learn a lot too. 
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:03am by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:19am

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:36pm:

Quote:
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

This is from their ZNM policy I mentioned earlier you doofus, get it....  how many times must i repeat myself.
I posted the information directly from their website.
Not from the site you are using that talks roughly about immigration and rules etc...  this is from the POPULATION POLICY

Not my fault you don't know where to look or the history of the party.
bwian asked for information just on NUMBERS but both of you have broken bwian's rules...  it seems I am the only one who hasn't.

You said that their policy is to halt immigration.

It isn't, though.

This comes directly from their immigration policy:

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/immigration-and-the-rule-of-law/

Admit you were wrong, and move on.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:31am

I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:37am

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:31am:
I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

These are Grendel's exact words:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

Yet their policy says absolutely nothing about halting immigration.

Moreover, Hanson is on record saying that immigration should be reduced to 40 per cent of its current level.

That's not halting immigration - it's reducing immigration.

Why won't Grendel admit that he was wrong?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:01am

"One Nation Party leader Pauline Hanson demanded that the annual migrant intake into Australia be reduced to 40 per cent of its current level."

halt: "bring or come to an abrupt stop".

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #129 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:15am

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:34pm:

Not at all. Here you were thinking that Pauline wants to stop immigration. Greggery has just shown you

You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #130 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:18am

A lesson in English for the TROLLS...

Glad you keep quoting me and proving me right...

You two should get a room....

Quote:
such

[sʌtʃ]
DETERMINER

of the type previously mentioned.
    "I have been involved in many such courses" · [more]
    (such — as/that)
    of the type about to be mentioned.
    "there is no such thing as a free lunch" · [more]
    to so high a degree; so great (often used to emphasize a quality).

Now I never said what you and gweggy keep building your strawman on, but hey you are both LIARS... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #131 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:21am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:01am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy.

"One Nation Party leader Pauline Hanson demanded that the annual migrant intake into Australia be reduced to 40 per cent of its current level."

halt: "bring or come to an abrupt stop

SUCH A POLICY dropkicks...  that means of a TYPE and guess what dodo  ZERO NET MIGRATION IS exactly that.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Good luck passing any English test before the deportation of the fifth columns TROLLS from Australia.

You dickheads don't even have the guts to acknowledge that the policies I brought up to bwian were pre-existing policies and that was the argument you dopes.

ZNM is still part of the PHON policy mix.

I even posted for you dimwits whay ZNM was according to PHON...  and YOU still ignore that because you are basing YOUR attack on me through a lie.

Stop wasting my time. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:25am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:15am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:34pm:

You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS.

Oh yes you did.

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/90#90

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #133 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:26am

From the PHON GWB website, the only one still left in its entirety.

[quote]
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

*To aim for population stability in Australia, the immigration intake will be restricted to zero net migration, that is, immigration numbers will replace the number of persons permanently leaving Australia each year.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:29am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:21am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:01am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy.

halt: "bring or come to an abrupt stop

SUCH A POLICY dropkicks...  that means of a TYPE and guess what dodo  ZERO NET MIGRATION IS exactly that.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Good luck passing any English test before the deportation of the fifth columns TROLLS from Australia.

You dickheads don't even have the guts to acknowledge that the policies I brought up to bwian were pre-existing policies and that was the argument you dopes.

ZNM is still part of the PHON policy mix.

I even posted for you dimwits whay ZNM was according to PHON...  and YOU still ignore that because you are basing YOUR attack on me through a lie.

Stop wasting my time. Roll Eyes

The One Nation policy:

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/immigration-and-the-rule-of-law/

And:

"we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

No mention of halting immigration.

Why did you lie?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #135 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:32am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:18am:

Quote:
such

[sʌtʃ]
DETERMINER

(such — as/that)

Now I never said what you and gweggy keep building your strawman on, but hey you are both LIARS... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grendel's exact words: "Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

Pauline Hanson: "One Nation Party leader Pauline Hanson demanded that the annual migrant intake into Australia be reduced to 40 per cent of its current level".

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/05/11/pauline-hanson...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #136 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:33am

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:36am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:33am:

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grendel's exact words:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am

Face the fact Grendel.  Halting immigration does not equal zero net immigration.

If immigration was stopped, there would be no population growth, it would be reducing.

You stuffed up your terms.  Admit that and move on.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:03am

Aussie wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am:
Face the fact Grendel.  Halting immigration does not equal zero net immigration.

If immigration was stopped, there would be no population growth, it would be reducing.

He won't even admit that he said it:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/129#129

Directly under his quote saying:

He says:

"You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS."

Extraordinary!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:10am

Malbun is up for grabs,
Syd-ney is full of Arabs,
We could be in Palestine,
Over-run by the Chinese land,
African gangs are the Devil's right hand....

A small word from the prophet Elvis Costello....

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #141 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm

They won't win with a policy based on halting immigration. If they cut immigration levels to emigration levels, it would be better. Let Australia's population take a fall for a couple years or five.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:58pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:

They won't win with a policy based on halting immigration. If they cut immigration levels to emigration levels, it would be better. Let Australia's population take a fall for a couple years or five.

They don't have a policy based on halting immigration.

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 4:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:58pm:

They don't have a policy based on halting immigration.

Grendel lied.

Grendel was mistaken. He may not say it, but he's grateful you pointed this out, Greggery.

Grendel can now attend One Nation gatherings with some insight into their main policy.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:09am:

Most of the population doesn't have electricity yet.  Roll Eyes

Touche`!

― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #145 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm

I agree with Brian Ross's original proposition, that Australia will be hard pressed to accommodate significant population growth. Water will be a major problem. Not just to drink. Coal fired electricity in the Latrobe Valley Vic uses 125 billion litres of water a year. Agriculture is getting thirstier, cotton uses 7.8 megalitres per hectare. The biggest problems for Australia are environmental (on the assumption one actually cares a damn) and they originate in the population explosion. There are no easy solutions.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:27pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
I agree with Brian Ross's original proposition, that Australia will be hard pressed to accommodate significant population growth. Water will be a major problem. Not just to drink. Coal fired electricity in the Latrobe Valley Vic uses 125 billion litres of water a year. Agriculture is getting thirstier, cotton uses 7.8 megalitres per hectare. The biggest problems for Australia are environmental (on the assumption one actually cares a damn) and they originate in the population explosion. There are no easy solutions.

I also agree.

We waste a tremendous amount of water in this country (and yes, I'm guilty of it too), but nobody has any realistic plans for securing sustainable water supplies in the future.

One day there just won't be enough to go around, and the politicians will all say "Oh poo", and then start blaming each other.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:21pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm:

You should stop lying and lying about me too bwian because frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Shouting and ranting again, Geoff?   Perhaps you need to run along back to the little kiddies' playground?  You know, where such behaviour is tolerated?  If I have "lied" about what you have claimed, prove I have "lied", please otherwise, you're just wasting our time.  If I have gotten your claims wrong, I apologise but I seem to remember you've spent so much time telling us that the PHONies' don't have racist or Islamophobic policies.  From my reading of their policies, it appears you're the one who is telling the porkie-pies, not me.   Tsk, tsk. who'd have thunk it of you?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:21pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Shouting and ranting again, Geoff?   Perhaps you need to run along back to the little kiddies' playground?  You know, where such behaviour is tolerated?  If I have "lied" about what you have claimed, prove I have "lied", please otherwise, you're just wasting our time.  If I have gotten your claims wrong, I apologise but I seem to remember you've spent so much time telling us that the PHONies' don't have racist or Islamophobic policies.  From my reading of their policies, it appears you're the one who is telling the porkie-pies, not me.   Tsk, tsk. who'd have thunk it of you?   Roll Eyes

Nothing racist or Islamophobic about this:

"we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Terrorists aren't a race.

Tsk tsk Grendel    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:07pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:03am:
Aussie wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am:

He won't even admit that he said it:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/129#129

Directly under his quote saying:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy."

He says:

"You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS."

Extraordinary!

Thanks for that Aussie...  but face it....I never said it did....

You need to stop listening to your fellow TROLLS.

I did post what SUCH means for you gweggy, yet you keep on lying about what I said and what it actually means.

Wassup...  is it something I said proving you wrong on a daily basis that's upset you and caused you to keep posting lies about me?
Wassup jealous.
Insecure.
Or just plain stupid? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #150 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:21pm:

YAWN
bwian....  btw no sound was heard or uttered during the typing of that word.
Now run along there's a good TROLL.

Oh and bwian don't keep lying about what I say and think...  it only shows how low you've sunk over the years.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:09pm

Grendel:

That don't have such a policy, though.

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #152 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:11pm

And as I pointed out these issues have been covered by PHON and other minor parties over the years...

Bwian of course refuses to acknowledge this due to his rabid obsession re Hanson and PHON. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:12pm

Grendel:

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #154 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Oh dear
What do you think their Zero Net Migration policy does... 

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #155 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
Grendel:

Grendel lied.

get over it gweggy you are just making yourself look more stupid every day you keep this crap up.

Want me to repost again till it sinks into your thick skull.
ok.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:14pm

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:15pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
Grendel:

Grendel lied.

get over it gweggy you are just making yourself look more stupid every day you keep this crap up.

Want me to repost again till it sinks into your thick skull.
ok.

Grendel:

They don't have such a policy, though.

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #158 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:15pm

Attention Trolls...

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:18am:

Quote:
such

[sʌtʃ]
DETERMINER

(such — as/that)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Grendel:

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #160 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Attention Trolls...
Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:26am:
From the PHON GWB website, the only one still left in its entirety.

[quote]
POLICY CONCLUSIONS

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Grendel:

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #162 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Attention TROLLS...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:18pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Attention TROLLS...

Grendel's exact words:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #165 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Attention TROLLS...

Grendel's exact words:

You are splitting turds as only you can, Turd.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:28pm

Who said this:

I'm curious.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:30pm

Frank wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:27pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Attention TROLLS...

Grendel's exact words:

You are splitting turds as only you can, Turd.

Who said this:

I'm curious.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #168 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:43pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:11pm:

And as I pointed out these issues have been covered by PHON and other minor parties over the years...

Bwian of course refuses to acknowledge this due to his rabid obsession re Hanson and PHON. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hanson and Trump have some legitimate interests, but they are both cretinous low-brows who don't give a damn about the environment.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:39am

The point is that continuing to stuff (and they truly are stuffed and increasingly so) more and more people into closely confined areas - a.k.a. major metropolitan areas - will lead to massive overcrowding of those areas without demonstrably affecting any move to generating progress or increased human activity in the rest of the nation - the outlying areas.

There is simply not the industrial/workforce potential infrastructure in either the MMAs OR the Outlying Areas to continue to cater for this (over) increase in those metro areas, or even to accommodate them in the event they suddenly decide to abandon their self-established city ghettoes and move to 'the bush' seeking a better life.

Without massive change in the availability of genuine, long term, remunerative leading to eventual relative prosperity in retirement work - there is NO solution on the table for continued excessive population growth - other than the ongoing creation of a society massively divided along lines of prosperity and opportunity - with a few getting all the goodies and the rest descending into the Dark Ages of endless poverty, despair, and all the social ills that accompany such ways of life.

Until that situation of genuine infrastructure and meaningful opportunity for ALL is restored - all further immigration is doing is making things worse by accelerating the process of social and economic disintegration.

Sure - the country is prosperous - with a few prospering and the rest struggling.

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #170 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:27pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:13pm:

Oh dear
What do you think their Zero Net Migration policy does... 

Don't declare one position and then change your argument to define it as something else. Either make a concession and redeclare your argument. Or stick to your guns.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #171 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:28pm:

Who said this:

I'm curious.

you are not curious, you are a TROLL being abjectly STUPID...  over and over again.

caveman cited HALT not me.
I replied to that call you idiot...

hence Those of you wanting a halt
no point just making spurious claims about what I said
I said
"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy."

I already posted the meaning of SUCH for you dopey...  what does it mean....  it means OF THE TYPE.... 

so PHON POLICY was ZERO NET MIGRATION.... which is what? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
OF THE TYPE you idiot.

This policy means that no more people are allowed in the country by immigration than those that leave the country...

Oh wait...  I posted that for you too didn't I TROLL.

YOU need to be given a long long holiday... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

YOU lost the argument the minute you opened your stupid mouth...  your problem is you never know when to shut it. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print