Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12280 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #90 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am

Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:09am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am:
Johnnie wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

Most of the population doesn't have electricity yet.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

"halt"?

I've seen no policy from them saying that they'll halt immigration.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #93 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:

"halt"?

Even for a TROLL you are a pedantic idiot.

What do you think Zero Net Migration achieves...? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:39pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:

"halt"?

Even for a TROLL you are a pedantic idiot.

What do you think Zero Net Migration achieves...? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"we believe in zero net migration. By this, we mean that we will adjust the immigration intake so that it leads to a healthy population profile after natural births and deaths are taken into account."

Nothing about halting immigration.

You should have read their policy first.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm

"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

"... we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Again: nothing about halting immigration.

Do yourself a favour and read their polices, before you make a similar mistake.

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:24am:
... Holt imigration now. Best for everyone.

"Holt imigration" before the English language becomes unrecognizable and closet poms yabber bigotry?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:21pm

You don't want to talk about ethnicity but your OP link has "female and Chinese" in it

25 Million is quite enough.

Small towns and villages have no running water, they rely on rainfall to fill tanks

Business and employment are not booming in rural and regional areas, just static, immigrants would only make it worse

Farmers are committing suicide and drought affects farmers all to often, globalization free trade hasn't really helped our farmers

There's inadequate funds for infrastructure in the bush, the roads are bad and lots of bridges need rebuilding

Mobile phone reception is only in the more populated areas and only if there's no high geological features to block it

Electricity can go off for whole days, when I get notified of disruptions, I plan a trip somewhere for those days

The cost of living is higher outside of the big cities, but the general rural population is content to be separate from the problems of Melbourne in particular and other capital cities. However, a surge of diversified immigrants of unknown character and skills would mostly devastate the peace and tranquility that rural people enjoy in spite of the hardships

There are a multitude of issues that need to be taken into account for a population any greater than what have now. For too long it's only been about "growth" and almost immigration for the sake of immigration. We've seen how that's been working out, not real good

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #99 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Very good post, BR. Sensible and moderate. I'm agree that numbers should be the priority over race, ethnicity and religion; but we must also put people before numbers, in the case of asylum seekers.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:09pm

Auggie wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
but we must also put people before numbers, in the case of asylum seekers.

So asylum seekers don't increase the numbers? one more asylum seeker is one more immigrant adding to the population number

Or were you thinking that just a few asylum seekers wouldn't make any difference?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #101 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm

Lol

You are an idiot gweggy....  I was referring to this comment....

We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

So when the Indians come here to live do they burn it like we do, or live the environmental friendly life they do back home?

If Australia was a third world country and had the population like india then a lot more poor people would have nothing... like indias poor. I'd say this goes a long way to helping your rediculous claim.
So.....
We'd then have families living on traffic islands, begging in the streets etc.....seems you dopey carnts want to bring that to this country. I'm happy you dopes want to help the whole world....be a superhero so to speak.....but you lot on the "for" immigration shouldn't go unnoticed. You all should be recognised and put on a list so when it all goes turtle we have a list of the responsible parties and you can then ALL be held accountable.

Holt imigration now. Best for everyone.

I know it isn't spelt correctly but hey I'm not an idiotic pedantic troll like you. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should stop lying and lying about me too bwian because frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:22pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Lol

So when the Indians come here to live do they burn it like we do, or live the environmental friendly life they do back home?

If Australia was a third world country and had the population like india then a lot more poor people would have nothing... like indias poor. I'd say this goes a long way to helping your rediculous claim.
So.....
We'd then have families living on traffic islands, begging in the streets etc.....seems you dopey carnts want to bring that to this country. I'm happy you dopes want to help the whole world....be a superhero so to speak.....but you lot on the "for" immigration shouldn't go unnoticed. You all should be recognised and put on a list so when it all goes turtle we have a list of the responsible parties and you can then ALL be held accountable.

I know it isn't spelt correctly but hey I'm not an idiotic pedantic troll like you. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

[highlight]Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. [/highlight]Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not according to One Nation, which is who you were talking about..

"we believe in zero net migration. By this, we mean that we will adjust the immigration intake so that it leads to a healthy population profile after natural births and deaths are taken into account."

"adjust"

No mention of "no increases".

You really should read their policy, before you make a fool of yourself again.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:22pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Lol

So.....

[highlight]Zero net migration btw means no increases in population numbers. [/highlight]Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Not according to One Nation, which is who you were talking about..

"adjust"

No mention of "no increases".

You really should read their policy, before you make a fool of yourself again.

Oh dear.

"We hope that this brief discussion of the peculiarities associated with zero net migration will contribute to a better understanding of its impact on population growth.

"We cannot assume that zero net migration results in a zero impact on population size.

"On the contrary, and depending on the fertility of the immigrants and the extent of gross migration, zero net migration has a rather strong upward impact on population size."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print