Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12267 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #75 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:30pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:53pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
How about the 3rd world stop overbreeding? It's killing the world.

You need some lead in your pencil. Get off your couch and stop blathering and get on the job.
Maybe if you 3rd worlders had other interests you wouldn't screw so much. Get a hobby.

Nice try Mr. Hammer. Your hobby evidently leads to extinction. By your own hand.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #76 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 4:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:47pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
Too many immigrants and temporary residents.

Almost a million dont speak English.

So thre are too many and the wrong mix.

A big problem is  family reunions Frank. I had to go to the hospital several times of late and it has occurred to me that our hospitals are full of elderly sick  migrants. It's a massive drain. Migrants should not be a burden.

Sick old poms? Too sick for the UK NHS to cure?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm

We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
There's a simple, cheap, solution to get rid of some fifth column closet poms.

Offer closet poms their ten pounds back to return to the UK.

The depopulation bag-men should visit surreptitious bigot Grappler first.

Australian population would decline to eventual extinction if immigration ceases not only because of the number of immigrants, but because immigrants have more children than closet poms.

The Australian economy is also addicted to immigration because immigrants bring money, and spend a lot of money to establish themselves after arrival. The Australian economy would hit the wall without that money.

You should be first on the removal list.

Completely worthless.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Gnads wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am:
Brian

How about besides the numbers you consider those that have come & will come who are & will be long term recipients of our welfare system?

Those without education, skills albeit breeding & chances of employment ...... or the real wish to be employed or to integrate into our society & respect our values & laws?

As far as I am aware, such people are a only a small part of our migrant intake.   Most arrive through the humanitarian stream.   As their position is usually desperate and they are in personal danger and most make a real effort to become a part of the Australian community, I believe you are griping unnecessarily.   Roll Eyes

We now have 25 million Australians.  Is that too many?  Just right?  Not enough?  Choice is yours.  Provide reasons for your choice please. 

It's already been discussed through the news media....

that at that current figure of 25 million .... the infrastructure & social services are inadequate.

Ah, an interesting answer.  OK, so, what is your solution?  Should we halt immigration until our infrastucture is restructured to cope with increased numbers or should we just allow the Government to play "catch up" as they always have?

The number suggests we already have enough migrants.

So instead of playing catch up ... we should cease migration until we have caught up & done some future planning & implementation.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Should I repost the greens policy or One Nations policies here for you again bwian.
Do the words Sustainable, Moratorium, Zero Net Migration etc ring a bell in your huge vacuous head? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:27pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
What was it Hanson said re migrants?
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"I don't agree with everything Pauline Hanson says, but some things I do agree.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

Two Wongs don't make a white, dear.

Pauline said that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:29pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Should I repost the greens policy or One Nations policies here for you again bwian.
Do the words Sustainable, Moratorium, Zero Net Migration etc ring a bell in your huge vacuous head? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ah - sustainable. That's FD's crowd.

What they mean is non-tinted, they're just too PC to say.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:27am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
There's a simple, cheap, solution to get rid of some fifth column closet poms.

Offer closet poms their ten pounds back to return to the UK.

The depopulation bag-men should visit surreptitious bigot Grappler first.

Australian population would decline to eventual extinction if immigration ceases not only because of the number of immigrants, but because immigrants have more children than closet poms.

The Australian economy is also addicted to immigration because immigrants bring money, and spend a lot of money to establish themselves after arrival. The Australian economy would hit the wall without that money.

Good point, Forgiven, and herein lies the issue: immigration brings that 2.something per quarter in current GDP growth. That's the investment in building, household costs and services population growth brings. Without it, people's super funds would be nearly worthless in terms of interest. Foreign capital would go elsewhere. Business would contract.

Population growth needs to stabilise eventually, surely, but there's another option. Instead of getting rid of more people, get rid of more things. McMansions, two to three car families, waste, emissions, space, shopping sprees.

More and better designed urban density, more public transport, more trees and green spaces, recycled food waste. Clear off the roads with more light rail, trams and a high speed rail link between Melbourne and Brisbane. These are all things taken for granted in Europe, Russia and East Asia - and these places have Winters. Russia and China, for example, need to plan for -30 degree temperatures.

You can fit more people into better designed, more energy efficient spaces. Australia is still one of the world's biggest per capita CO2 emitters. We recycle next to nothing. We live and work in big, air conditioned boxes, and we clog our roads with one-person cars. Retail is heavily monopolised, so there's less competition for things like groceries and longer queues.

And this is just in the cities. In the country, they can't get customers.

Do things efficiently - like Japan, like Germany, like even the big cities in China - and population becomes an asset. It certainly is in Germany and Japan, who both have ageing populations and badly need workers.

Either that, or ban the tinted races. Easy, no?

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #84 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:16am

Let us all pray that a shark takes Freediver to kick off the disposal of the human waste in Australia.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:55am

Oh dear 2 more clowns...

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #86 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am

Johnnie wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #87 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am:

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #88 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:54am

Fine. Admittedly, "cull" is a bad choice of word to use. India needs a population policy like China's now-defunct one-child policy.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:24am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am:

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

So when the Indians come here to live do they burn it like we do, or live the environmental friendly life they do back home?

If Australia was a third world country and had the population like india then a lot more poor people would have nothing... like indias poor. I'd say this goes a long way to helping your rediculous claim.
So.....
We'd then have families living on traffic islands, begging in the streets etc.....seems you dopey carnts want to bring that to this country. I'm happy you dopes want to help the whole world....be a superhero so to speak.....but you lot on the "for" immigration shouldn't go unnoticed. You all should be recognised and put on a list so when it all goes turtle we have a list of the responsible parties and you can then ALL be held accountable.

Holt imigration now. Best for everyone.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print