Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12264 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Australia's Population
Reply #30 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 8:55pm

Why can't men stop putting it in?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Population growth needs to stop....period. Worldwide!
We have taken away natural selection with no thought whatsoever of the inevitable consequences. OVERPOPULATION.
This economy built on growth,well, disposable growth as I call it now.....is destined to fail.

Humans are not ants.

Just chess pieces on a board to be moved around by social science mandarins with nothing else to do but wreck a silly nation alongside their politician running dogs who support their cr@p.

We need to look at the hard realities of massive and escalating over-population in the ROTW, aided and abetted by AID programs that encourage over-breeding since WOTW will pick up the slack through our bleeding hearts programs, and then unless we are adequately defended, one day we will be over-run by The Sallow Peril in particular.

Natural selection?  We could always breed with fine young Chinese or Japanese chicks.... no worries..... broaden the genetic base...... I suspect a Chinese ancestor somewhere... or similar... lovely olive skin and a slight epicanthic fold on my wise eyes - they used to call me Ming at school ... but my Jewish great-grandparents might not agree....

With the introduction of modern medicine we have enabled a whole new platform of life. We no longer die from what we now call a cold. We can keep vegetables alive (I don't mean the food kind bojack.....sorry, have to be clear for the "specials" round here). This all adds to the inevitable.

And you are 100% correct in surmising that the stupid gullible dill brains in the western world played a massive part on 3rd world populations growing out of control. Now we all pay the price for the actions of a minority by bringing them here. Stupidity at the highest level.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 11:38pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
At least it's not a retarded muzlum wrapped in a black tent

.. that's what I'm talking about .............

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am

Brian

How about besides the numbers you consider those that have come & will come who are & will be long term recipients of our welfare system?

Those without education, skills albeit breeding & chances of employment ...... or the real wish to be employed or to integrate into our society & respect our values & laws?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #34 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:17pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
I have stated many times in this forum

The human population is too large for the available resources.

If we continue on this logarithmic population growth

We will eventually die out from any number of things

But as one country has resources that another does not have

There will be war on a scale previously unseen.

We need to start reducing numbers

Not just in Australia, but worldwide. Now

Valkie should lead by example.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:21pm

Too many half-citizens who don't really belong and have no wish to really belong.... to the Western Deserts with them and on the road gang to earn their spurs.... make their bones or leave them in the trackless wastes....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:24pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am:
Brian

How about besides the numbers you consider those that have come & will come who are & will be long term recipients of our welfare system?

Those without education, skills albeit breeding & chances of employment ...... or the real wish to be employed or to integrate into our society & respect our values & laws?

Some genius demograp-her (yep - another sheila filled with the fruits of human knowledge and clear speech) from ANU said that even if Australia cut out immigration immediately, there would still be need for more schools etc... well... Buggar Me?  Who'd've thunk it...?????  Roll Eyes

It takes years of eddication and massive oversalary and super etc to get to the position of being able to root out such arcane knowledge.... and speak it in public!!    Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

The mighty have spoken, so it must be true.... bow down, ye great unwashed.....  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:59pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
What was it Hanson said re migrants?
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"I don't agree with everything Pauline Hanson says, but some things I do agree.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

For you this is simply another place to aggrandise.   Time you woke up to yourself, Geoff.  You're wasting your time.  If you cannot talk about how many migrants we should accept and provide reasons why, bugger off back to your little kiddies, playground, OK?  Roll Eyes

Shut up bwian.
Time for you to face the TRUTH....
or cant you?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Shouting again, Geoff?  Time to run back to the little kiddies' playground, I can hear your child-minder calling you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh no bwian just making sure everyone is aware of your cowardice and lies.
I have posted on topic.
You have played the man yet again.
Wassup cant face the truth?  hmmm

Still shouting and ranting, Geoff?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Please take your bullying tactics elsewhere.  I am trying to have a serious discussion here.   Tsk, tsk,   Roll Eyes

No you are not.
I am though.....
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

For you this is simply another place to aggrandise.   Time you woke up to yourself, Geoff.  You're wasting your time.  If you cannot talk about how many migrants we should accept and provide reasons why, bugger off back to your little kiddies, playground, OK?  Roll Eyes

Shut up bwian.
Time for you to face the TRUTH....
or cant you?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Shouting again, Geoff?  Time to run back to the little kiddies' playground, I can hear your child-minder calling you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh no bwian just making sure everyone is aware of your cowardice and lies.
I have posted on topic.
You have played the man yet again.
Wassup cant face the truth?  hmmm

Yawn

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:10pm:
One more time for bwian who just cant face the truth or admit to it.

Quote:

Albert Wong...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm

So bwian lets see you admit you agree with PHON policy.
Lets see you admit that the major parties have never addressed the issue properly.
Lets see you comment on the policies I mentioned.
Lets see you stop lying drop the ad hom and ridicule and address the topic...  after all YOU started it.

Re Numbers...  25 million is too many for our current infrastructure to cope with comfortably.
How do you suggest we cope with that problem? Roll Eyes

Do try to be sensible and stop your bullying eh. Cheesy

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:56pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:01pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:57pm:
Not Xenophobia - Austrophilia....

Problem is, Hammer hates Indigenous Australian, Graps.  So, your descriptor fails.  He hates anybody who doesn't fit his narrow-minded, narrow view of what an Australian can be - White, Blonde haired, Blue eyed, tall, sun bronzed and of course a Life Saver...   Roll Eyes

Don't see Africa destroying their race and culture like we do Brian.

Who cares, Hammer?   We aren't discussing South African nor are we discussing "race" and culture.  We are talking about Immigration.  How big a population do you want?  That is the question.  Roll Eyes

I'd scrap all student visas and poorly  qualified migrants tomorrow. Our environment is being bulldozed to house and feed people. We don't have  good healthy land to spare. I went up to Coffs harbour recently and they were ripping up bushland right left and centre. It's happening all over the country and it makes me sick. Once an ecosystem is disturbed most native animals disappear.

Student visa holders are not counted as being part of Australia's population, Hammer.

We do not accept "poorly qualified" migrants, other than on humanitarian grounds and they contribute only a fraction to the total number of Migrants that settle in Australia.

In the first case, with Student Visa holders, you'd overturn one of Australia's largest export industries.   Are you prepared to accept the significant hit that would cause on the Australian economy, Hammer?

In the second case, as I have said, the only "poorly qualified" migrants we accept are accepted on humanitarian grounds.  Are you such an non-humanitarian that you'd deny mercy to those who need us to show some?

Surely the real problem is where potential migrants want to settle?  Perhaps we need a "living tax" imposed on those that choose to settle in the Eastern seaboard capital cities?   Provide some incentive to move out to regional and other states?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:29am:
Brian

As far as I am aware, such people are a only a small part of our migrant intake.   Most arrive through the humanitarian stream.   As their position is usually desperate and they are in personal danger and most make a real effort to become a part of the Australian community, I believe you are griping unnecessarily.   Roll Eyes

We now have 25 million Australians.  Is that too many?  Just right?  Not enough?  Choice is yours.  Provide reasons for your choice please. 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:08pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm:

What policy, Geoff?  I cannot fine their "population policy" on their website.  Provide a link to it and I'll see if I agree with it.

Quote:
Lets see you admit that the major parties have never addressed the issue properly.

Have I ever denied that, Geoff?  Care to provide a quote for me where I have suggested that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Not interested in policies, Geoff.  You don't appear to understand that.

I want a number and the reasons why you have supplied that number for Australia's population.

We now have 25 million Australians.   Is that too many?  Too little?  Just enough?  If so, why?

Tell us why you consider your number better than what we actually have now.

Quote:
Lets see you stop lying drop the ad hom and ridicule and address the topic...  after all YOU started it.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who is employing ad hominem is yourself, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Re Numbers...  25 million is too many for our current infrastructure to cope with comfortably.

Build more infrastructure?  Build better infrastructure?   Is infrastructure your only concern, Geoff?  Can't that be fixed with the manufacture of more schools/hospitals/roads/railways/etc.?

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  No prizes for second best, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 3:49pm:

What policy, Geoff?  I cannot fine their "population policy" on their website.  Provide a link to it and I'll see if I agree with it.

Quote:

Have I ever denied that, Geoff?  Care to provide a quote for me where I have suggested that?   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Not interested in policies, Geoff.  You don't appear to understand that.

I want a number and the reasons why you have supplied that number for Australia's population.

We now have 25 million Australians.   Is that too many?  Too little?  Just enough?  If so, why?

Tell us why you consider your number better than what we actually have now.

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  The only person who is employing ad hominem is yourself, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Build more infrastructure?  Build better infrastructure?   Is infrastructure your only concern, Geoff?  Can't that be fixed with the manufacture of more schools/hospitals/roads/railways/etc.?

Quote:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  No prizes for second best, Geoff.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

listen you disingenuous Pxxxx
PHON didn't just start today you know.
I cant answer for their current lack of website information.
But unlike you apparently I'm very aware of their policies over the years.
perhaps you should have stopped being an obsessive lying TROLL all those years...
I have made my point you are such a coward you cant even admit when you are wrong and have been for decades.
Now do try an actually address what I've posted instead of running away from it eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh and bwian if you don't know what infrastructure is join Stott Despoja because she never knew either.
Now stop wasting my time on YOUR topic.

Please post a link where you ever criticised the major parties for not having a real population policy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

oh and bwian if you aren't interested in policies bwian or policy ideas and suggestions I suggest you join a cooking forum.  because frankly your half baked crap just doesn't cut it here.

BTW I already answered your stupid questions.   More than YOU ever do. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print