Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12272 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #165 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Attention TROLLS...
Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:33am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:31am:
I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grendel's exact words:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

You are splitting turds as only you can, Turd.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:28pm

I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who said this:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

I'm curious.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:30pm

Frank wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:27pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Attention TROLLS...

Grendel's exact words:

You are splitting turds as only you can, Turd.

Who said this:

I'm curious.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #168 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:43pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:11pm:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
I agree with Brian Ross's original proposition, that Australia will be hard pressed to accommodate significant population growth. Water will be a major problem. Not just to drink. Coal fired electricity in the Latrobe Valley Vic uses 125 billion litres of water a year. Agriculture is getting thirstier, cotton uses 7.8 megalitres per hectare. The biggest problems for Australia are environmental (on the assumption one actually cares a damn) and they originate in the population explosion. There are no easy solutions.

And as I pointed out these issues have been covered by PHON and other minor parties over the years...

Bwian of course refuses to acknowledge this due to his rabid obsession re Hanson and PHON. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hanson and Trump have some legitimate interests, but they are both cretinous low-brows who don't give a damn about the environment.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #169 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 7:39am

The point is that continuing to stuff (and they truly are stuffed and increasingly so) more and more people into closely confined areas - a.k.a. major metropolitan areas - will lead to massive overcrowding of those areas without demonstrably affecting any move to generating progress or increased human activity in the rest of the nation - the outlying areas.

There is simply not the industrial/workforce potential infrastructure in either the MMAs OR the Outlying Areas to continue to cater for this (over) increase in those metro areas, or even to accommodate them in the event they suddenly decide to abandon their self-established city ghettoes and move to 'the bush' seeking a better life.

Without massive change in the availability of genuine, long term, remunerative leading to eventual relative prosperity in retirement work - there is NO solution on the table for continued excessive population growth - other than the ongoing creation of a society massively divided along lines of prosperity and opportunity - with a few getting all the goodies and the rest descending into the Dark Ages of endless poverty, despair, and all the social ills that accompany such ways of life.

Until that situation of genuine infrastructure and meaningful opportunity for ALL is restored - all further immigration is doing is making things worse by accelerating the process of social and economic disintegration.

Sure - the country is prosperous - with a few prospering and the rest struggling.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #170 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:27pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

They won't win with a policy based on halting immigration. If they cut immigration levels to emigration levels, it would be better. Let Australia's population take a fall for a couple years or five.

Oh dear
What do you think their Zero Net Migration policy does... 

Don't declare one position and then change your argument to define it as something else. Either make a concession and redeclare your argument. Or stick to your guns.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #171 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 10:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:28pm:

Who said this:

I'm curious.

you are not curious, you are a TROLL being abjectly STUPID...  over and over again.

caveman cited HALT not me.
I replied to that call you idiot...

hence Those of you wanting a halt
no point just making spurious claims about what I said
I said
"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy."

I already posted the meaning of SUCH for you dopey...  what does it mean....  it means OF THE TYPE.... 

so PHON POLICY was ZERO NET MIGRATION.... which is what? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
OF THE TYPE you idiot.

This policy means that no more people are allowed in the country by immigration than those that leave the country...

Oh wait...  I posted that for you too didn't I TROLL.

YOU need to be given a long long holiday... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

YOU lost the argument the minute you opened your stupid mouth...  your problem is you never know when to shut it. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print