Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12265 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #135 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:32am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:18am:
A lesson in English for the TROLLS...

Glad you keep quoting me and proving me right...

You two should get a room....

Quote:
such

[sʌtʃ]
DETERMINER

of the type previously mentioned.
    "I have been involved in many such courses" · [more]
    (such — as/that)
    of the type about to be mentioned.
    "there is no such thing as a free lunch" · [more]
    to so high a degree; so great (often used to emphasize a quality).

Now I never said what you and gweggy keep building your strawman on, but hey you are both LIARS... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grendel's exact words: "Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/90#90

Pauline Hanson: "One Nation Party leader Pauline Hanson demanded that the annual migrant intake into Australia be reduced to 40 per cent of its current level".

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/05/11/pauline-hanson...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #136 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:33am

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:31am:
I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:36am

Grendel wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:33am:
Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 7:31am:
I'm the one who said HALT.....Well, HOLT, but unforgiven pulled me up on it because...well it needed to feel superior for a second.  Grin

Well Trolls....  I'll wait for you to disappear apologise of continue on as damned fools... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grendel's exact words:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/90#90

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am

Face the fact Grendel.  Halting immigration does not equal zero net immigration.

If immigration was stopped, there would be no population growth, it would be reducing.

You stuffed up your terms.  Admit that and move on.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:03am

Aussie wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am:
Face the fact Grendel.  Halting immigration does not equal zero net immigration.

If immigration was stopped, there would be no population growth, it would be reducing.

He won't even admit that he said it:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/129#129

Directly under his quote saying:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy."

He says:

"You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS."

Extraordinary!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #140 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:10am

Malbun is up for grabs,
Syd-ney is full of Arabs,
We could be in Palestine,
Over-run by the Chinese land,
African gangs are the Devil's right hand....

A small word from the prophet Elvis Costello....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #141 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:00am:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

They won't win with a policy based on halting immigration. If they cut immigration levels to emigration levels, it would be better. Let Australia's population take a fall for a couple years or five.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:58pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:
Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with such a policy.

They won't win with a policy based on halting immigration. If they cut immigration levels to emigration levels, it would be better. Let Australia's population take a fall for a couple years or five.

They don't have a policy based on halting immigration.

Grendel lied.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 4:35pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:57pm:

They don't have a policy based on halting immigration.

Grendel lied.

Grendel was mistaken. He may not say it, but he's grateful you pointed this out, Greggery.

Grendel can now attend One Nation gatherings with some insight into their main policy.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #144 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 9:09am:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:42am:
Johnnie wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
We need at least another million Indians in this country to restore some sort of equilibrium, more cab drivers to take the pressure off the other public transport systems to start with.

Obviously, you are being sarcastic. But even if we have 50,000 of those 1,000,000 Indians take up cab driving, does that not mean we will have 50,000 more cars on the road?

India needs a cull in population fast. They obviously have no problem in congesting the roads there with massive car numbers. And we wonder why our fuel prices are so high.

Indian energy consumption per capita, including power generation and transport, is around one-tenth of Australia's.

I would like to see UnsubRocky travel to India and lobby support for his proposal to "cull" Indians.

Most of the population doesn't have electricity yet.  Roll Eyes

Touche`!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #145 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm

I agree with Brian Ross's original proposition, that Australia will be hard pressed to accommodate significant population growth. Water will be a major problem. Not just to drink. Coal fired electricity in the Latrobe Valley Vic uses 125 billion litres of water a year. Agriculture is getting thirstier, cotton uses 7.8 megalitres per hectare. The biggest problems for Australia are environmental (on the assumption one actually cares a damn) and they originate in the population explosion. There are no easy solutions.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:27pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
I agree with Brian Ross's original proposition, that Australia will be hard pressed to accommodate significant population growth. Water will be a major problem. Not just to drink. Coal fired electricity in the Latrobe Valley Vic uses 125 billion litres of water a year. Agriculture is getting thirstier, cotton uses 7.8 megalitres per hectare. The biggest problems for Australia are environmental (on the assumption one actually cares a damn) and they originate in the population explosion. There are no easy solutions.

I also agree.

We waste a tremendous amount of water in this country (and yes, I'm guilty of it too), but nobody has any realistic plans for securing sustainable water supplies in the future.

One day there just won't be enough to go around, and the politicians will all say "Oh poo", and then start blaming each other.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:21pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

"... we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Again: nothing about halting immigration.

Do yourself a favour and read their polices, before you make a similar mistake.

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should stop lying and lying about me too bwian because frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Shouting and ranting again, Geoff?   Perhaps you need to run along back to the little kiddies' playground?  You know, where such behaviour is tolerated?  If I have "lied" about what you have claimed, prove I have "lied", please otherwise, you're just wasting our time.  If I have gotten your claims wrong, I apologise but I seem to remember you've spent so much time telling us that the PHONies' don't have racist or Islamophobic policies.  From my reading of their policies, it appears you're the one who is telling the porkie-pies, not me.   Tsk, tsk. who'd have thunk it of you?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
Grendel wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
"We believe Australia has the right to choose the number and mix of migrants to ensure immigration is in the national interest of existing citizens because the interests of existing citizens come first."

"... we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Again: nothing about halting immigration.

Do yourself a favour and read their polices, before you make a similar mistake.

https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/

Thanks.  Something Geoff refused to provide.  I will indeed read their policies.

What a shame they are though, on the initial read through, so racist and Islamophobic.  Tsk, tsk, and after Geoff has assured us they weren't, as well.   Tsk, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should stop lying and lying about me too bwian because frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Shouting and ranting again, Geoff?   Perhaps you need to run along back to the little kiddies' playground?  You know, where such behaviour is tolerated?  If I have "lied" about what you have claimed, prove I have "lied", please otherwise, you're just wasting our time.  If I have gotten your claims wrong, I apologise but I seem to remember you've spent so much time telling us that the PHONies' don't have racist or Islamophobic policies.  From my reading of their policies, it appears you're the one who is telling the porkie-pies, not me.   Tsk, tsk. who'd have thunk it of you?   Roll Eyes

Nothing racist or Islamophobic about this:

"we believe immigration from Islamic Countries should be limited."

Terrorists aren't a race.

Tsk tsk Grendel    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:07pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:03am:
Aussie wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 9:59am:

He won't even admit that he said it:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1533616822/129#129

Directly under his quote saying:

"Those of you wanting a halt on immigration better vote for PHON then because they are the only party with
such
a policy."

He says:

"You and gweggy are idiots....  I never said that at all.
Twist what I said all you like TROLLS will be TROLLS."

Extraordinary!

Thanks for that Aussie...  but face it....I never said it did....

You need to stop listening to your fellow TROLLS.

I did post what SUCH means for you gweggy, yet you keep on lying about what I said and what it actually means.

Wassup...  is it something I said proving you wrong on a daily basis that's upset you and caused you to keep posting lies about me?
Wassup jealous.
Insecure.
Or just plain stupid? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print