Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Australia's Population (Read 12288 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Australia's Population
Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia's Population
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Population growth needs to stop....period. Worldwide!
We have taken away natural selection with no thought whatsoever of the inevitable consequences. OVERPOPULATION.
This economy built on growth,well, disposable growth as I call it now.....is destined to fail.

Humans are not ants.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Australia's population to hit 25 million, newest resident likely to be young, female and Chinese

This is a discussion about numbers, not religion or ethnicity.   I am unsure that our continent can sustain this sort of population growth because of our nation's shortage of fresh water and arable land.   At the present moment, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are gobbling up arable land at an alarming rate.  While this could be offset to some degree by having denser dwellings, I am unsure that many Australians would be willing to live cheek by jowel.

I don't care what "race", ethnicity or religion a person is, who migrates to Australia.  The White Australia Policy is dead and buried.   What concerns me is the numbers, nothing more.   Lets try and keep the discussion clean and without recourse to Racism/Islamophobia/Xenophobia.   Migration is going to continue.  My concern is purely with numbers.

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
What was it Hanson said re migrants?
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"I don't agree with everything Pauline Hanson says, but some things I do agree.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:14pm

One Nation, The Australian Democrats and The Greens are the only regular parties that have had policies re population and numbers neither of the major parties have.

One Nation had a "Popultion Policy" based on sustainability and numbers, similar to the Dems and The Greens wanted a moratorium on immigration.

Years ago ON wanted to have a Zero Net migration policy, until a study was completed on numbers and the sustainability of the continent.  It also had a Watering Australia policy and worked with ex-Senator Ernie Bridge to bring the issue forward.  Seems to me people like bwian should have gotten behind them Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:15pm

Great, another crap driver who takes 5 goes to reverse into a spot.

IBI

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:24pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Humans are not ants.

And just when I thought there were no more scientific discoveries to be made.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:47pm

I have stated many times in this forum

The human population is too large for the available resources.

If we continue on this logarithmic population growth

We will eventually die out from any number of things

But as one country has resources that another does not have

There will be war on a scale previously unseen.

We need to start reducing numbers

Not just in Australia, but worldwide. Now

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm

So Valkie is arguing for more foreign aid to help countries reduce excessive birthrates and to improve where and how the people of those countries live.

BuMet has found that the southern half of the country is warming and drying out—what to do about that?

With the amount of food waste we can feed more people by minimising waste.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:55pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm:

Oh look bwian agrees with Hanson and One Nation policies after all... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Oh yes...  she didn't care where they came from as long as when they are here they become Australian.

Quote:
"We have always been a nation of migrants, but we need to be careful of the types of migrants that come in. I told [Treasurer] Scott Morrison long ago it is critical. I don't mind where people come from or their ethnic background, but they must learn to assimilate and accept and adopt the Australian culture and way of life. If they are not prepared to do that, then they have no business to be in this country.

"One of the great weaknesses of Western society is the adoption of political correctness. That is going to be one of the key reasons for the downfall of the Western world, I do fear that greatly."

Albert Wong...

Bwian agrees with Pauline, oh deary deary me tsk tsk tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:56pm

I bet Brian doesn't care if thousands of country shoppers flood into the country?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:09pm:

Quote:

Albert Wong...

For you this is simply another place to aggrandise.   Time you woke up to yourself, Geoff.  You're wasting your time.  If you cannot talk about how many migrants we should accept and provide reasons why, bugger off back to your little kiddies, playground, OK?  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:06pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
I bet Brian doesn't care if thousands of country shoppers flood into the country?

Define "country shoppers", Hammer.

I don't care where migrants come from, unlike yourself it appears.  Tsk, tsk, just can't keep your Xenophobia out of a conversation, can you?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:56pm:

Define "country shoppers", Hammer.

I don't care where migrants come from, unlike yourself it appears.  Tsk, tsk, just can't keep your Xenophobia out of a conversation, can you?   Roll Eyes

I understand social cohesion and the need for a racial majority for multiculturalism to work. The current immigration make up is going to sink Australia and many people agree.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
So Valkie is arguing for more foreign aid to help countries reduce excessive birthrates and to improve where and how the people of those countries live.

BuMet has found that the southern half of the country is warming and drying out—what to do about that?

With the amount of food waste we can feed more people by minimising waste.

That is the cruzx of the problem
The more food we give to countries that cannot support themselves
The bigger the problem gets

More food
More breeding

Stop the aid now
Or
Only give food to people willing to be sterilised.

In a few generations the world would be better off

Allowing or even feeding uncontrolled breeding will only make it worse
And you can't keep bringing in the overflow into Australia or any other country because they breed out of control here as well

Invasion by refugee and outbreeding us

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Population growth needs to stop....period. Worldwide!
We have taken away natural selection with no thought whatsoever of the inevitable consequences. OVERPOPULATION.
This economy built on growth,well, disposable growth as I call it now.....is destined to fail.

Humans are not ants.

Just chess pieces on a board to be moved around by social science mandarins with nothing else to do but wreck a silly nation alongside their politician running dogs who support their cr@p.

We need to look at the hard realities of massive and escalating over-population in the ROTW, aided and abetted by AID programs that encourage over-breeding since WOTW will pick up the slack through our bleeding hearts programs, and then unless we are adequately defended, one day we will be over-run by The Sallow Peril in particular.

Natural selection?  We could always breed with fine young Chinese or Japanese chicks.... no worries..... broaden the genetic base...... I suspect a Chinese ancestor somewhere... or similar... lovely olive skin and a slight epicanthic fold on my wise eyes - they used to call me Ming at school ... but my Jewish great-grandparents might not agree....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print