Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
members names in thread titles (Read 3108 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
members names in thread titles
Aug 4th, 2018 at 9:10pm

Can we make this an actual Ozpol forum rule instead of just a Relationships rule? as it is this leaves members open to abuse as has happened to me and Herb and a few others here-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: members names in thread titles
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 10:55pm

Agnes wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Can we make this an actual Ozpol forum rule instead of just a Relationships rule? as it is this leaves members open to abuse as has happened to me and Herb and a few others here-

Not sure what you mean? If someone wants to have a discussion about a member, it's obviously a relationship thang. I did move the Hoss thread to Tavern because that's where he seems to spend his time but as for the general membership that post everywhere... You want to get personal with other members, you have a relationship problem.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:44pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 10:55pm:

Not sure what you mean? If someone wants to have a discussion about a member, it's obviously a relationship thang. I did move the Hoss thread to Tavern because that's where he seems to spend his time but as for the general membership that post everywhere... You want to get personal with other members, you have a relationship problem.

that's not really what I mean- I mean its a rule that aussie made up for relationships even though he applied it selectively but I would like to see it applied forum wide- to protect the privacy of members here

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:58pm

Agnes wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:44pm:

that's not really what I mean- I mean its a rule that aussie made up for relationships even though he applied it selectively but I would like to see it applied forum wide- to protect the privacy of members here

I think you'll find it's not Aussie but FD that makes the rules. If a member's name appears in the thread title, it's a relationship problem between the object of the thread and the starter of the thread.

I'd like you to explain the privacy thing.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:23am

Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:58pm:

I think you'll find it's not Aussie but FD that makes the rules. If a member's name appears in the thread title, it's a relationship problem between the object of the thread and the starter of the thread.

tomorrow-am tired right now

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:26am

Agnes wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:23am:
Setanta wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:58pm:

tomorrow-am tired right now

Mmmmk.

C'est aussi le lit pour moi maintenant. Bonne nuit.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:34am

Bonne nuit Set
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:49am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:41am

If you put someone's name in the thread title, it's usually some kind of personal attack. I advise against it. Try to make the thread title about the topic, not the person.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 3:57pm

freediver wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:41am:
If you put someone's name in the thread title, it's usually some kind of personal attack. I advise against it. Try to make the thread title about the topic, not the person.

That is what I was getting at- thanks FD

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:07pm

Agnes wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

Still......no Rule on it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 4:07pm:

Not sure we should need a rule - it is so obviously the wrong thing to do people doing it should be embarrassed.

It happens way too often - people should just ignore the topics.

It is embarrassing to see a topic naming someone pop up and then the same old just jumping in to add their own special personal abuse.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 10:13pm

This is not a court of law. If you make a thread to get personal with another member, relationship problem.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 7:13am

how about if the thread doesn't have a member name but is a personal attack ?
Like picking on a person for wanting to move Israel to Tasmania for instance ? Wink

I am me

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:05am

Should we ignore posters who express a willingness to slaughter ten million Jews to achieve their ethnic cleansing agenda in case you get all butthurt about them being "picked on"?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:12am

freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:05am:
Should we ignore posters who express a willingness to slaughter ten million Jews to achieve their ethnic cleansing agenda in case you get all butthurt about them being "picked on"?

I never said that... Its a personal attack so should be in relationship. according to u and Set Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #15 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:14am

Dnarever wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 9:33pm:

Not sure we should need a rule - it is so obviously the wrong thing to do people doing it should be embarrassed.

It happens way too often - people should just ignore the topics.

It is embarrassing to see a topic naming someone pop up and then the same old just jumping in to add their own special personal abuse.

Funny. Dont see her in this thread yet. . . .

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:27pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:12am:
freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:05am:

I never said that... Its a personal attack so should be in relationship. according to u and Set Wink

So according to you a debate is personal just because there are people in it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print