Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
We dont need vitamin supplements (Read 16260 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: We dont need vitamin supplements
Reply #165 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 4:10pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 3:37pm:
Your explanation of T2DM is similar in information to the video that I watched on the topic. There is nothing wrong with having a diet that either reinvigorates the pancreas or keeps it healthy. Whatever glucose is not used for energy in the cells gets stored as fats. Which is why during a fasting period, the breakfast would allow the body to become more alert and active as the body has a receptive nature to a new energy source needed to work for the first 6 hours of the day. It is also the reason why the body needs no sugar and not to eat a few hours before bed to have an effective sleep. Drinking water helps flush/dilute the body of higher concentrations of glucose and allows the body to digest whatever food you have consumed over the last few hours. By morning, your body starts getting into a starvation mode until that breakfast restarts the daily process again.

And yet somehow after all that you still seem focused on the pancreas. And your explanation of dilution of blood glucose and digestion is way off.

Might I suggest just eating a healthy diet and doing exercise and ignoring all the other BS.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 4:14pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 4:10pm:
Your explanation of T2DM is similar in information to the video that I watched on the topic. There is nothing wrong with having a diet that either reinvigorates the pancreas or keeps it healthy. Whatever glucose is not used for energy in the cells gets stored as fats. Which is why during a fasting period, the breakfast would allow the body to become more alert and active as the body has a receptive nature to a new energy source needed to work for the first 6 hours of the day. It is also the reason why the body needs no sugar and not to eat a few hours before bed to have an effective sleep. Drinking water helps flush/dilute the body of higher concentrations of glucose and allows the body to digest whatever food you have consumed over the last few hours. By morning, your body starts getting into a starvation mode until that breakfast restarts the daily process again.

And yet somehow after all that you still seem focused on the pancreas. And your explanation of dilution of blood glucose and digestion is way off.

Might I suggest just eating a healthy diet and doing exercise and ignoring all the other BS.

Yes!

And, with a sensible diet, there's no need for hours of exercise a day.

Just walk to the shops more, take the stairs, etc.

Cut down on red meat (especially processed meats).

Include some brown/red rice in your diet, and some lentils now and then.

Avoid sausage rolls, chips, cans of coke etc.

It's really not that hard to do.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #167 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 9:58pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 4:14pm:

Yes!

And, with a sensible diet, there's no need for hours of exercise a day.

Just walk to the shops more, take the stairs, etc.

Cut down on red meat (especially processed meats).

Include some brown/red rice in your diet, and some lentils now and then.

Avoid sausage rolls, chips, cans of coke etc.

It's really not that hard to do.

I walk 5km a night, most nights of the week. Otherwise, it comes down to the work hours I do, which is quite physical much of the time. We might eat a healthy diet. But you need to exercise often enough to keep healthy.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #168 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:00pm

Healthy eating and exercise will counter diabetes quite well. But keeping a healthy pancreas is important as well.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #169 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 4:08pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 10:00pm:

Healthy eating and exercise will counter diabetes quite well. But keeping a healthy pancreas is important as well.

How so? Since a healthy pancreas will do bugger all for your receptor response, which is the issue in Type 2 DM.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #170 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:46pm

So, the issue you are saying is having a high glucose diet will mean that the cells will not receive the glucose in relative efficiency, irrespective of how well the pancreas works?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 12:46am

I believe its commonly accepted medical knowledge that type 2 diabetes can be managed effectively by diet and exercise, whether this is considered a "cure" or not is largely irrelevant.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #172 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 1:06am

I have heard of people who have undergone a low sugar diet, good exercise program to the point where they are basically cured of their type 2 diabetes. They could redevelop diabetes later if they lapse into a poor diet or lazy exercise.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 1:59am

if your bodys out of balance you are gonna be susceptible to a lot of illness. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, all this lifestyle illness the big pharma companies making trillions peddling their quack treatments for, all you need is good diet and exercise.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #174 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 10:06am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:46pm:
So, the issue you are saying is having a high glucose diet will mean that the cells will not receive the glucose in relative efficiency, irrespective of how well the pancreas works?

'
Yes. What I have been saying all along while you keep banging on about irrelevant stuff.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #175 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:53pm

What irrelevant stuff?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #176 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:50am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:53pm:
What irrelevant stuff?

Like a healthy pancreas, like all the other vitamins and weird poo you're trying.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #177 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 1:06am:
I have heard of people who have undergone a low sugar diet, good exercise program to the point where they are basically cured of their type 2 diabetes. They could redevelop diabetes later if they lapse into a poor diet or lazy exercise.

Yes, because exercise improves receptor response.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #178 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:04pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:46pm:

And not quite. The pancreas releases insulin in response to a high blood sugar level. Insulin acts as a signal to open the GLUT-4 transporter channel protein allowing glucose to enter certain cells (adipose and skeletal muscle in particular). Having chronically high blood glucose (and fats as well)) forces your pancreas to make more insulin as a result, but the receptor sensitivity drops.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #179 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:38am

I guess I should have been more clear. The cells, being subjected to a bloodstream of high glucose levels over a long period of time, would not want to absorb glucose as there is an abundance of the stuff. Therefore, the receptors are not as active, citing a wealth of glucose that can later be absorbed. So the cells shuts off receiving more than necessary glucose, ie., it has got what it needs for now. The receptors are dependant on circumstances of physical activity to re-engage the cells ability to absorb the glucose.

Further to that point, the excess glucose either gets excreted or changed to body fat for storage for later reconversion into a glucose so that the cells can get the energy it needs, during times of fasting/starvation.

If what I wrote is correct, then it is something I have known for years.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print