Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
We dont need vitamin supplements (Read 16303 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: We dont need vitamin supplements
Reply #150 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 3:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 10:52am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:18am:
Back int he 80s there were some of those vitamins you dissolve in water and got at the supermarket that ppl used to take for hangovers. Dunno if they worked but everyone said they did. Cant remember what they were. IMO it was the water they toook them with because alcohol dehydrates you.

Spot

Berocca?

I was going to mention Berocca. I bought a three pack of the item last year. Found them sitting in my cupboard last week. I will finish them up over the next week, before I try and get through my waste of money (but did not know that back then) multivitamins.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:26pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 3:58pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:52am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:28pm:
Ok, on reading this I don't think a doctor is in order. Unless he's going to refer you to a psychiatrist.

So, you won't even consider the possibility that people can get into other people's houses through their own spare key? In my situation, someone used the spare key of my parents' home to get in and find the spare key to my place. They made a spare key from that, and replaced the original spare key back at my parents' place. Not convinced? Police had to notify me that I was at a potential risk of being harmed to the point that, in addition to the security cameras that I put in, the police have their own hidden cameras that they made me aware that they had done so. If I looked hard enough, I could probably find them.
Cunning. You are obviously of special interest to these criminal masterminds. I bet they have implanted special tracking devices in your body while you were asleep, probably in your ear canals just deep enough so you wont know they are there. Ive come across this type of thing before. There is a method for detecting these hidden implants and removing them though.

Let me guess. If someone gets mugged, and the victim claims to have been targeted, you are going to say that the victim was just paranoid?
I try to help you and this is the thanks I get.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #152 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 6:23am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 10:52am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:18am:
Back int he 80s there were some of those vitamins you dissolve in water and got at the supermarket that ppl used to take for hangovers. Dunno if they worked but everyone said they did. Cant remember what they were. IMO it was the water they toook them with because alcohol dehydrates you.

Spot

Berocca?

Maybe - i dont remember what it was but it was the cure-all

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #153 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 2:21pm

rhino wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Ok, on reading this I don't think a doctor is in order. Unless he's going to refer you to a psychiatrist.

So, you won't even consider the possibility that people can get into other people's houses through their own spare key? In my situation, someone used the spare key of my parents' home to get in and find the spare key to my place. They made a spare key from that, and replaced the original spare key back at my parents' place. Not convinced? Police had to notify me that I was at a potential risk of being harmed to the point that, in addition to the security cameras that I put in, the police have their own hidden cameras that they made me aware that they had done so. If I looked hard enough, I could probably find them.
Cunning. You are obviously of special interest to these criminal masterminds. I bet they have implanted special tracking devices in your body while you were asleep, probably in your ear canals just deep enough so you wont know they are there. Ive come across this type of thing before. There is a method for detecting these hidden implants and removing them though.

Let me guess. If someone gets mugged, and the victim claims to have been targeted, you are going to say that the victim was just paranoid?

I should shake you out of your tree and try to catch you.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #154 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 4:12pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:10pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:50am:
The condition (T2D) has NO "cure" - though may be put into remission through diet, in some cases

People can recover the pancreas responsible for producing insulin sufficiently enough with proper diet and exercise. If I eliminate almost all sugar from my diet, drink lots of green tea, eat sweet potato, mushroom, garlic, onion more often, it can help undo diabetes. The pancreas can regenerate over time to satisfactory levels.

Then you dont understand what Type 2 DM is. Its more about response to insulin rather than insulin itself. To be honest, you have some idiotic ideas about pathophysiology

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #155 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:20pm

Feel free to explain T2DM to me, instead of making baseless accusations against me. I shall compare it to what I saw on a recent video on the topic. Being diagnosed type 2 diabetic should mean that I understand more than you do, having researched the topic and related the symptoms that I have had to what has been explained to me.

And you would have to be fairly idiotic to reject good diet and exercise as being the major factor in controlling and even undoing type 2 diabetes.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28pm

You're a strange guy unsub, you have all these little things you do, strange ideas you have(like stuff behind your ears), foods you eat, etc etc that are supposed to make you well, keep you well or cure you and you'd probably be one of the most unhealthy here yet you defend what you keep doing and everyone else is wrong.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 12:15am

Vitamin supplements have not been proven not to work

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #158 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 1:12am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28pm:
You're a strange guy unsub, you have all these little things you do, strange ideas you have(like stuff behind your ears), foods you eat, etc etc that are supposed to make you well, keep you well or cure you and you'd probably be one of the most unhealthy here yet you defend what you keep doing and everyone else is wrong.

Five years ago, I weighed 128kg. Apparently, that was my upper limit because I was not gaining any further weight. I drank alcohol weekly. Drank colas at an average of one can per day. Fast food outlets saw me about twice a week. Exercise was rare. When I got on my bike for a ride to Stocklands, I was exhausted in the way I was after finishing a fun run back in high school. The problem being that I would ride a bike no more than 2km to get that tired... not run 5km like I did in high school. Sleep had been difficult to get.

I managed to drop down to 98kg in early 2016. Down from 123kg in 2015. But I managed to stupidly gain 20kg over the year, seeing that alcohol seemed to make its comeback addiction. Now I am about 110kg, and I still have not a good diet... However, it is a whole lot better. I was planning a September start to sobriety and see how long I can go without alcohol. But, I made that start last night.

Recent efforts include:
*Disregarding certain sleep aids that have done more harm than good.
*A glass of water before bed and a metformin tablet has done me a lot of good with effective sleep. I don't snore as much.
*I vary my meals so that it is not a meat and vegetable diet 80% of the week. Though, I really should start having a salad a couple nights of the week.
*I have to start eating sandwiches as an alternative to eating burgers or having a fast food meal after some night at work. I am also going to have to just take a canister of water to the cinema whilst I watch a movie.
*Coffee will have to be the healthier (non-sugar) caffeinated alternative to colas. But, I will have to drink decaffeinated teas in the 6 hours before I plan to sleep.
*I will definitely start running as much of the 5km I usually walk, most nights of the week. Push ups and sit ups will become also part of my exercise routine.

Regarding your comment about putting Vicks Vaporub behind my ear, you do realise that Vicks can act as an antifungal agent. I also happen to put some Vicks on my toes when I go out for work or entertainment purposes. Vicks on, socks on, shoes on. A few hours later, I can come home and shower off and find that my feet are looking healthier.

I also happen to take antibacterial lozengers during the pre-stages of having a sore throat. I sleep better during those rare times of year I have some form of cold.

I am making improvements to my diet, attitude and exercise routine (which I should have done no sooner than 20 years ago). You don't know me more than what you read about what I type. Don't assume that I am some kind of sumo wrestler. Chances are, you are probably some bean pole that thinks that they are healthy.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 7:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 20th, 2018 at 1:12am:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 11:28pm:

Five years ago, I weighed 128kg. Apparently, that was my upper limit because I was not gaining any further weight. I drank alcohol weekly. Drank colas at an average of one can per day. Fast food outlets saw me about twice a week. Exercise was rare. When I got on my bike for a ride to Stocklands, I was exhausted in the way I was after finishing a fun run back in high school. The problem being that I would ride a bike no more than 2km to get that tired... not run 5km like I did in high school. Sleep had been difficult to get.

I managed to drop down to 98kg in early 2016. Down from 123kg in 2015. But I managed to stupidly gain 20kg over the year, seeing that alcohol seemed to make its comeback addiction. Now I am about 110kg, and I still have not a good diet... However, it is a whole lot better. I was planning a September start to sobriety and see how long I can go without alcohol. But, I made that start last night.

Recent efforts include:
*Disregarding certain sleep aids that have done more harm than good.
*A glass of water before bed and a metformin tablet has done me a lot of good with effective sleep. I don't snore as much.
*I vary my meals so that it is not a meat and vegetable diet 80% of the week. Though, I really should start having a salad a couple nights of the week.
*I have to start eating sandwiches as an alternative to eating burgers or having a fast food meal after some night at work. I am also going to have to just take a canister of water to the cinema whilst I watch a movie.
*Coffee will have to be the healthier (non-sugar) caffeinated alternative to colas. But, I will have to drink decaffeinated teas in the 6 hours before I plan to sleep.
*I will definitely start running as much of the 5km I usually walk, most nights of the week. Push ups and sit ups will become also part of my exercise routine.

Regarding your comment about putting Vicks Vaporub behind my ear, you do realise that Vicks can act as an antifungal agent. I also happen to put some Vicks on my toes when I go out for work or entertainment purposes. Vicks on, socks on, shoes on. A few hours later, I can come home and shower off and find that my feet are looking healthier.

I also happen to take antibacterial lozengers during the pre-stages of having a sore throat. I sleep better during those rare times of year I have some form of cold.

I am making improvements to my diet, attitude and exercise routine (which I should have done no sooner than 20 years ago). You don't know me more than what you read about what I type. Don't assume that I am some kind of sumo wrestler. Chances are, you are probably some bean pole that thinks that they are healthy.

A man's gotta to do what a man's gotta do. You've got to make your own choices but I hope you listen to others as well. No-one here is trying to make you get less healthy.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #160 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 9:56pm

There are a few that want to insult someone for actually trying to get better. I have become healthier. 18kg lighter. Still have a minimum of 20kg to lose.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:05pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:26pm:

I should shake you out of your tree and try to catch you.
You would have to lose quite a few pounds if you want to catch me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #162 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 2:14am

The idea is to try... and fail to catch you. Then ask for some appreciation that I tried.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #163 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 11:17am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:20pm:
Feel free to explain T2DM to me, instead of making baseless accusations against me. I shall compare it to what I saw on a recent video on the topic. Being diagnosed type 2 diabetic should mean that I understand more than you do, having researched the topic and related the symptoms that I have had to what has been explained to me.

And you would have to be fairly idiotic to reject good diet and exercise as being the major factor in controlling and even undoing type 2 diabetes.

You saw a video. What do you think I teach? And I wasn't talking about your comment re diet and exercise. I was talking about the other statement The pancreas can regenerate over time to satisfactory levels.

That is not what happens in diet and exercises effect on T2 DM.

Let me explain. Type 1 is an auto-immune disorder where antibodies attack the beta cells of the pancreasand thus the insulin production drops away.

Type 2 is a condition whereby due to diet and exercise (plus some genetics, plus some other things - its multifactorial) the cells of the body which use the GLUT-4 transporter (adipose tissue, skeletal muscle) to move glucose into the cell see a reduced response to the signal for that transport channel to open (which is insulin). In early Type 2 DM, there is hyperinsulinaemia, the pancreas is working overtime. It doesn't need to regenerate. In later stages of Type 2, you see the drop in insulin production, only because the beta cells become so overworked they begin to atrophy.

Diet and exercise have two benefits. They decrease the overall sugar entering the blood and they increase the receptor sensitivity to insulin.

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2018 at 11:23am by Prime Minister for Canyons »  

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #164 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 3:37pm

Your explanation of T2DM is similar in information to the video that I watched on the topic. There is nothing wrong with having a diet that either reinvigorates the pancreas or keeps it healthy. Whatever glucose is not used for energy in the cells gets stored as fats. Which is why during a fasting period, the breakfast would allow the body to become more alert and active as the body has a receptive nature to a new energy source needed to work for the first 6 hours of the day. It is also the reason why the body needs no sugar and not to eat a few hours before bed to have an effective sleep. Drinking water helps flush/dilute the body of higher concentrations of glucose and allows the body to digest whatever food you have consumed over the last few hours. By morning, your body starts getting into a starvation mode until that breakfast restarts the daily process again.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print