Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
We dont need vitamin supplements (Read 16316 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: We dont need vitamin supplements
Reply #135 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:33am

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
You think vessel constriction could not limit the amount of oxygen to the body?

Diagnosis: The symptoms seem like low blood pressure.

Not forgetting
peripheral neuropathy
- due to an ongoing
B12 deficiency
(very common)

https://www.foundationforpn.org/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/causes/vitamin-nut...

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:55am by buzzanddidj »  

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:32am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:29pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:25pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:23pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
Yes.

People refuse to believe it, though.

They swear that these BS detox tablets, solutions, diets, etc. work.

I wish people would wake up to the advertisers' and drug companies' lies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vitamins-and-supplements-you-shouldnt-take-2018-...

https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/vitamins-the-good-the-useless-and-the-dangero...

These two links basically say the same as each other. But they do make conclusions that we can get all the vitamins we need from a proper diet. HOWEVER, they would not say that all people should not take supplements. Only those that need it should be taking vitamins and supplements.

I take vitamin D tablets during the winter, basically when I don't get enough sun 3 days out of the 7. If I am feeling okay, I need not take it. It is only $20 worth for the year, and then I ignore the tablets for the other 9 months.

I was talking about detox.

Detox is BS.

Scientifically proven to be nothing more than a scam.

Detoxing the body could mean simply just eating right and reducing blood sugar levels. I drink green tea, black tea, lemon and ginger tea. When I go to bed, I have a glass of water beforehand and urinate out the unnecessaries by morning.

Your liver detoxes your body - not the food you eat, the liquids you drink, or the drugs/vitamins/supplements you take.

The detox industry is a scam.

It's not science - it's snake oil.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #137 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:37am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
MetMetformindoesnt improve motivation to exercise. It was clearly placebo. Again, put down the fork eat a proper diet and stop taking poo.

Metformin regulates blood sugar levels. Had I not started that medication, I would be a lot more sluggish in any motivation attempting at going for a run or a bike ride or maintaining a good diet.

It doesnt regulate blood sugar levels. It lowers blood sugar levels through various mechanisms. It does not provide motivation for exercise. I may suggest a course in pharmacology.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #138 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:37am

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:33am:
Unforgiven wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
You think vessel constriction could not limit the amount of oxygen to the body?

Diagnosis: The symptoms seem like low blood pressure.

Not forgetting
peripheral neuropathy
- due to an ongoing
B12 deficiency
(very common)

https://www.foundationforpn.org/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/causes/vitamin-nut...

In rockys case you dont even have to look at B12, peripheral neuropathy is a consequence of the T2 DM

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #139 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:50am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 8:37am:
MetMetformindoesnt improve motivation to exercise. It was clearly placebo. Again, put down the fork eat a proper diet and stop taking poo.

Metformin regulates blood sugar levels. Had I not started that medication, I would be a lot more sluggish in any motivation attempting at going for a run or a bike ride or maintaining a good diet.

It doesnt regulate blood sugar levels. It lowers blood sugar levels through various mechanisms. It does not provide motivation for exercise. I may suggest a course in pharmacology.

In layman's terms, metformin allows the metabolism to use insulin to process blood glucose - where the metabolism has "forgotten" how to do so, on its own (this is Type 2  Diabetes)

Metformin is oldest T2D treatment medication - discovered in 1957 - and yet to be improved on

The condition (T2D) has NO "cure" - though may be put into remission through diet, in some cases

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #140 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 2:03pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:50am:

In layman's terms, metformin allows the metabolism to use insulin to process blood glucose - where the metabolism has "forgotten" how to do so, on its own (this is Type 2  Diabetes)

Metformin is oldest T2D treatment medication - discovered in 1957 - and yet to be improved on

The condition (T2D) has NO "cure" - though may be put into remission through diet, in some cases

Well I wasn't going to talk about GLUT-4 receptor sensititvity and number.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #141 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 3:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:29pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:25pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 11:23pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
Yes.

People refuse to believe it, though.

They swear that these BS detox tablets, solutions, diets, etc. work.

I wish people would wake up to the advertisers' and drug companies' lies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vitamins-and-supplements-you-shouldnt-take-2018-...

https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/vitamins-the-good-the-useless-and-the-dangero...

These two links basically say the same as each other. But they do make conclusions that we can get all the vitamins we need from a proper diet. HOWEVER, they would not say that all people should not take supplements. Only those that need it should be taking vitamins and supplements.

I take vitamin D tablets during the winter, basically when I don't get enough sun 3 days out of the 7. If I am feeling okay, I need not take it. It is only $20 worth for the year, and then I ignore the tablets for the other 9 months.

I was talking about detox.

Detox is BS.

Scientifically proven to be nothing more than a scam.

Detoxing the body could mean simply just eating right and reducing blood sugar levels. I drink green tea, black tea, lemon and ginger tea. When I go to bed, I have a glass of water beforehand and urinate out the unnecessaries by morning.

The only 'detox' that seems to have some science about it is fasting which has an effect on the length of telomeres. The good news is you don't even have to starve yourself by fasting because and 8 or 10 hour eating window has the same effect.

IBI

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #142 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 3:58pm

rhino wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:52am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:28pm:
Ok, on reading this I don't think a doctor is in order. Unless he's going to refer you to a psychiatrist.

So, you won't even consider the possibility that people can get into other people's houses through their own spare key? In my situation, someone used the spare key of my parents' home to get in and find the spare key to my place. They made a spare key from that, and replaced the original spare key back at my parents' place. Not convinced? Police had to notify me that I was at a potential risk of being harmed to the point that, in addition to the security cameras that I put in, the police have their own hidden cameras that they made me aware that they had done so. If I looked hard enough, I could probably find them.
Cunning. You are obviously of special interest to these criminal masterminds. I bet they have implanted special tracking devices in your body while you were asleep, probably in your ear canals just deep enough so you wont know they are there. Ive come across this type of thing before. There is a method for detecting these hidden implants and removing them though.

Let me guess. If someone gets mugged, and the victim claims to have been targeted, you are going to say that the victim was just paranoid?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #143 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:01pm

I said the same as what you said, to a nurse at the hospital. She told me that metformin regulates blood sugar more efficiently. It does not lower blood sugar, outside of helping the body regulate blood sugar levels.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #144 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:10pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 9:50am:

People can recover the pancreas responsible for producing insulin sufficiently enough with proper diet and exercise. If I eliminate almost all sugar from my diet, drink lots of green tea, eat sweet potato, mushroom, garlic, onion more often, it can help undo diabetes. The pancreas can regenerate over time to satisfactory levels.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #145 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:13pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 3:20pm:
The only 'detox' that seems to have some science about it is fasting which has an effect on the length of telomeres. The good news is you don't even have to starve yourself by fasting because and 8 or 10 hour eating window has the same effect.

Ginger tea has an effect on me to improve my digestion. I feel hungry much quicker than I do if I was having other tea drinks.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #146 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 4:19am

When I take too much taurine my farts smell like hellfire & brimstone. When that happens I cut back and work my way back up ... until Satan starts laffing again.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #147 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 6:41am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 3:20pm:

Ginger tea has an effect on me to improve my digestion. I feel hungry much quicker than I do if I was having other tea drinks.

Ginger works for me, and maybe some garlic. Vitamins have never had any noticable efect.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #148 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:18am

Back int he 80s there were some of those vitamins you dissolve in water and got at the supermarket that ppl used to take for hangovers. Dunno if they worked but everyone said they did. Cant remember what they were. IMO it was the water they toook them with because alcohol dehydrates you.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 10:52am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 18th, 2018 at 7:18am:
Back int he 80s there were some of those vitamins you dissolve in water and got at the supermarket that ppl used to take for hangovers. Dunno if they worked but everyone said they did. Cant remember what they were. IMO it was the water they toook them with because alcohol dehydrates you.

Spot

Berocca?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print