Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
We dont need vitamin supplements (Read 16352 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: We dont need vitamin supplements
Reply #105 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:34pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
People who suffer from Gastric Reflux and excessive stomach acid are prescribed medications that minimises the acid....  this can lead to food that is not properly broken down even capsules and pills that will make it right through the system.  this of course also means that nutrients and vitamins from food are also not properly digested.

Supplements also help in this problem. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My husband seriously suffers from gastric reflux etc so the doctor prescribed him some tablets.

NB This particular medication is unable to be bought over the counter. It requires a prescription.

And this brings me to my earlier point in this topic :

Refer/rely on YOUR medically qualified doctor’s advice at all times. Why? They have the relevant knowledge and they know YOUR particular circumstances.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #106 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:36pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
Looking at that list, I'm not sure what the fussabout the program was. We already well know most of these points apart from point 4 which is irrelevant.

I disagree
many people (including unsubrocky) believe that vitamin supplements make you stronger and healthier. They don't
Much of the marketing in the vitamins supplements industry is that vitamins are almost a "natural medicine". They arn't
Most people don't realise just how unregulated the vitamin industry is. They have no idea what they are putting in their mouths

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #107 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:52pm

Sorry I meant we as in science. Still aware that science knowledge amongst the generalpopulation is pooe.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #108 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:03pm

I logged off my computer before I was finished posting my last reply. Someone asked about the vasoconstriction symptoms I was experiencing. My arms and sometimes legs felt numb. There had been a number of cases where I was near collapse in the shopping centres. But that was more due to muscle weakness -- a relation to the lack of proper blood flow in my body. I had difficulty sleeping and difficulty sleeping soundly. Other than symptoms from snoring though impeding my breathing, I figure that the lack of proper blood flow had hindered a restful night's sleep. I had often gotten confused. I would be in the middle of doing something when I would suddenly forget what I was doing. I would go through dizzy spells and occasional headaches. My eyesight was not the greatest. But I would assume that my diabetes was more to do with that.

After changing my diet, and it is still not the best, and have added a few supplements for short-term gains whilst I ramp up my exercise routine, I am not having those experiences. I can get up after 6 hours sleep and go another 18 hours of the day, whereas I previously needed 8 hours to go do a 16 hour day. Going for a run would not leave me winded or having pain through part of my body. You can claim that reduced pain is due to my weight loss. It is not. I have a clean drinking water supply. I have changed my diet that cuts out vasoconstrictive symptoms. Amazing how well water melon juice or water melons itself have helped. I have also cut out certain supplements that I thought were doing me good, until I realised it was part of the problem.

And, again, I do agree that we need not vitamins in our diet, if we have a good, nutritional diet. However, I need to buy $20 worth of vitamin D tablets once a year, just to stay on top of a low vitamin D level. My mother needed to take calcium tablets to overcome the symptoms of a developing osteoporosis issue. My father needs to take medication to remedy his diabetes and his heart problems. We don't necessarily need vitamins. But there is no need to condemn those that have the occasional supplements and vitamins.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #109 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:20pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:36pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:25pm:
Looking at that list, I'm not sure what the fussabout the program was. We already well know most of these points apart from point 4 which is irrelevant.

I disagree
many people (including unsubrocky) believe that vitamin supplements make you stronger and healthier. They don't
Much of the marketing in the vitamins supplements industry is that vitamins are almost a "natural medicine". They arn't
Most people don't realise just how unregulated the vitamin industry is. They have no idea what they are putting in their mouths

I don't think it is a matter of making you stronger and healthier. I think it is a matter of helping you the possibility of becoming stronger and healthier. For example, when I was on spirulina tablets, it definitely helped detox my body of a build up of toxins that I had acquired from drinking dirty drinking water (despite what my water filter would do for me). I was left dehydrated from taking a couple of spirulina tablets most days of the week. But, once the symptoms I was experienced subsided and ceased, I cut out the taking of spirulina tablets until the next round of problems.

Did my initial course of metformin tablets help me lose weight. Or did the tablets help control blood sugar so that I was more motivated to go for a run or a ride or be more active, and have a better diet? That is no placebo effect, btw.

Whatever the event, I am definitely showing good signs of improvement, seeing that the body is reverting to a more healthy look.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #110 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:01pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:03pm:
I logged off my computer before I was finished posting my last reply. Someone asked about the vasoconstriction symptoms I was experiencing. My arms and sometimes legs felt numb. There had been a number of cases where I was near collapse in the shopping centres. But that was more due to muscle weakness -- a relation to the lack of proper blood flow in my body. I had difficulty sleeping and difficulty sleeping soundly. Other than symptoms from snoring though impeding my breathing, I figure that the lack of proper blood flow had hindered a restful night's sleep. I had often gotten confused. I would be in the middle of doing something when I would suddenly forget what I was doing. I would go through dizzy spells and occasional headaches. My eyesight was not the greatest. But I would assume that my diabetes was more to do with that.

After changing my diet, and it is still not the best, and have added a few supplements for short-term gains whilst I ramp up my exercise routine, I am not having those experiences. I can get up after 6 hours sleep and go another 18 hours of the day, whereas I previously needed 8 hours to go do a 16 hour day. Going for a run would not leave me winded or having pain through part of my body. You can claim that reduced pain is due to my weight loss. It is not. I have a clean drinking water supply. I have changed my diet that cuts out vasoconstrictive symptoms. Amazing how well water melon juice or water melons itself have helped. I have also cut out certain supplements that I thought were doing me good, until I realised it was part of the problem.

And, again, I do agree that we need not vitamins in our diet, if we have a good, nutritional diet. However, I need to buy $20 worth of vitamin D tablets once a year, just to stay on top of a low vitamin D level. My mother needed to take calcium tablets to overcome the symptoms of a developing osteoporosis issue. My father needs to take medication to remedy his diabetes and his heart problems. We don't necessarily need vitamins. But there is no need to condemn those that have the occasional supplements and vitamins.

Numbness isn't justabout blood flow. Its  about oxygen delivery. So again I ask how do you know its vasoconstriction

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #111 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm

You think vessel constriction could not limit the amount of oxygen to the body?

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #112 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm:

Diagnosis: The symptoms seem like low blood pressure.

Could also be severe brain damage from reading Yadda's posts.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #113 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:28pm

Or anaemia. Or type 2 DM.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #114 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Unforgiven wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:04pm:

Diagnosis: The symptoms seem like low blood pressure.

Could also be severe brain damage from reading Yadda's posts.

Seems fair. Usually get headaches reading those posts... or spam. Whatever you want to call it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #115 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:48pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:28pm:

Fair. However, it is controlled by regular medication. I was on the mend in 2015/2016, until I was hit by another round of harassment.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #116 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:49pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:48pm:

Fair. However, it is controlled by regular medication. I was on the mend in 2015/2016, until I was hit by another round of harassment.

Hang on, you're under 40 right?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #117 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:49pm:

Uhuh?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #118 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:21am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:49pm:

Uhuh?

So this may sound cruel, but I dont think your neighbours poisoning you is the greatest threat to your health. I suspect its your fork.

Under 40, type 2 DM all these other dietary issues.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #119 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:15pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 15th, 2018 at 8:20pm:
I don't think it is a matter of making you stronger and healthier. I think it is a matter of helping you the possibility of becoming stronger and healthier. For example, when I was on spirulina tablets, it definitely helped detox my body of a build up of toxins that I had acquired from drinking dirty drinking water (despite what my water filter would do for me). I was left dehydrated from taking a couple of spirulina tablets most days of the week. But, once the symptoms I was experienced subsided and ceased, I cut out the taking of spirulina tablets until the next round of problems.

Did my initial course of metformin tablets help me lose weight. Or did the tablets help control blood sugar so that I was more motivated to go for a run or a ride or be more active, and have a better diet? That is no placebo effect, btw.

Whatever the event, I am definitely showing good signs of improvement, seeing that the body is reverting to a more healthy look.

No unsubrocky. You are posting psuedoscientific garbage again.
The only thing that detoxes your body is your liver.
Personal anecdotes and testimony are meaningless
Placebos only work if you don't realise they are placebos

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print