Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print
We dont need vitamin supplements (Read 16290 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: We dont need vitamin supplements
Reply #90 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:37pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
rhino wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:40pm:
Tuna is one of the worst foods you can eat due to heavy metal contamination. Explains a lot though, one of the signs of mercury poisoning is cognitive decline.

Do you disagree or something? Why the attempt at an insult?

Spot

Rhino and Grendel are only here to insult people.

They know nothing else.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #91 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:26pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Quote:
Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium and is crucial to building healthy bones. So crucial, in fact, that scientists think lighter skin tones are an adaptation for producing more vitamin D in less-sunny climates. Skin low in the pigment melanin can produce more vitamin D from less sun exposure than darker skin.

Liar liar pants on fire again Gweggy the TROLL. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #92 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:21am

Yadda wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
Each winter, when my neighbours get colds and influenza, i don't

Why not ?

I'd take a guess, that bacteria and viruses steer clear of you ...

-
fearful of what THEY might catch

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #93 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 10:31am

Yadda wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
I don't get sick.

Each winter, when my neighbours get colds and influenza, i don't

Why not ?

Because my immune system is strong [.....i would suppose].

70%-90% of my diet is uncooked, and unprocessed foods.

personal testimony, being a subjective account, is open to many forms of error such as: wishful thinking; confirmation bias; self-deception; post hoc reasoning; and many more, including: deception by others - some anecdotal evidence is the result of deliberate falsification.

For this reason, anecdotes do not qualify as robust evidence: there is not enough rigour to them and they have no scientific value.
http://www.critical-thinking.org.uk/critical-thinking/fallacies/anecdotes.php

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #94 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:41am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:17pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
I bought 5 bottles of PhysiCal (on special for $1.75 each 2L). After getting through a bottle each of the milk (even with coffee) I feel stronger. I would not waste $20 on vitamin D tablets if they did not work.

"work"?

Can you explain how they work?

Calcium strengthens the bones. The Vitamin D improves muscle strength, circulation, etc.

How do you know it's doing that, though?

Because I would go about my life being physically active either taking the vitamin D or doing without the vitamins. I felt physically stronger in my day to day activity. But after going a couple weeks without the vitamin D tablets, I felt physically weaker.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #95 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:48am

People told me long before this topic was created that I need not take vitamins. But, a doctor, who had analysed the blood sample results, told me that I was in need of taking vitamin D tablets for a short time.

I have also been encouraged to either take a vitamin B complex or spirulina tablets for the length of time needed to detox my body. They work within a week of having used the supplements or vitamins.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #96 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:28am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:41am:
I bought 5 bottles of PhysiCal (on special for $1.75 each 2L). After getting through a bottle each of the milk (even with coffee) I feel stronger. I would not waste $20 on vitamin D tablets if they did not work.

"work"?

Calcium strengthens the bones. The Vitamin D improves muscle strength, circulation, etc.

Because I would go about my life being physically active either taking the vitamin D or doing without the vitamins. I felt physically stronger in my day to day activity. But after going a couple weeks without the vitamin D tablets, I felt physically weaker.

PLacebo effect.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:41am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 1:48am:
People told me long before this topic was created that I need not take vitamins. But, a doctor, who had analysed the blood sample results, told me that I was in need of taking vitamin D tablets for a short time.

I have also been encouraged to either take a vitamin B complex or spirulina tablets for the length of time needed to detox my body. They work within a week of having used the supplements or vitamins.

"Detoxing – the idea that you can flush your system of impurities and leave your organs squeaky clean and raring to go – is a scam.

"It’s a pseudo-medical concept designed to sell you things."

You can’t detox your body. It’s a myth.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #98 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:11pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:28am:

"work"?

PLacebo effect.

After a couple weeks without it, the effect would start to wear off. It could not be a placebo effect if I have been physically stronger taking the tablets, whilst my alcohol intake has been higher over the last 2 months than it has been over the first 6 months of this year.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #99 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:13pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:28am:

"work"?

PLacebo effect.

After a couple weeks without it, the effect would start to wear off. It could not be a placebo effect if I have been physically stronger taking the tablets, whilst my alcohol intake has been higher over the last 2 months than it has been over the first 6 months of this year.

No its precisely fulfilling the placebo effect.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #100 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:19pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:41am:

"Detoxing – the idea that you can flush your system of impurities and leave your organs squeaky clean and raring to go – is a scam.

Ten years ago, I was left near sterile due to people poisoning my water supply. After resolving the issue of changing locks and renewing my drinking water with new containers and a different filtering system, my fertility has returned (albeit slightly lower than prior to my initial harassment). Green tea, black tea, ginger tea, asparagus, garlic, vitamin B complex, low sugar diets, coffee, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat meats not only help to lose weight, but also help restore fertility levels. Before 2016, I would not be able to run anymore than 300m of a 5km nightly walk. My blood vessels had constricted somewhat, making it difficult to breathe, have a healthy metabolism and lose weight. Using general detoxing methods, with clean drinking water being at the top of the list, does revitalise the body.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #101 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:21pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:19pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 10:41am:

Ten years ago, I was left near sterile due to people poisoning my water supply. After resolving the issue of changing locks and renewing my drinking water with new containers and a different filtering system, my fertility has returned (albeit slightly lower than prior to my initial harassment). Green tea, black tea, ginger tea, asparagus, garlic, vitamin B complex, low sugar diets, coffee, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat meats not only help to lose weight, but also help restore fertility levels. Before 2016, I would not be able to run anymore than 300m of a 5km nightly walk. My blood vessels had constricted somewhat, making it difficult to breathe, have a healthy metabolism and lose weight. Using general detoxing methods, with clean drinking water being at the top of the list, does revitalise the body.

Its probably a sad indictment on me, that I just literally urinated with laughter. A mixzture of paranoia?, random pseudoscientific statements, etc.

E.g. just out of curiosity, how did you know that your blood vessels constricted somewhat, and could you explain the mechanism leading vasoconstriction to reduced breathing and decreased metabolism?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:34pm

leave rocky alone

potato.jpg (49 KB | 11 )
potato.jpg

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #103 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:19pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:56am:
Here's something for Vitamin Supplement Value - Team Denial

Vitamania Premieres Sunday August 12, 8.30pm on SBS

Dr Derek Muller takes us on an epic journey to uncover why scientists disagree on the effectiveness and safety of vitamins and supplements.

https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/vitamania

Very interesting program. Dr Derek Muller is a physicist so he didn't come into the program with preconceived biases.
Here are some of the important points

- A vitamin deficiency is bad for your health
- A vitamin overdose is also bad for your health
- The Vitamin supplements industry is completely unregulated. You have no idea what you are ingesting and what the dosage is
- Vitamin supplements are almost entirely synthetic and are created in chemical factories. They are not "natural"
- Vitamin D is the latest craze but the jury us still out about what levels are healthy and whether supplements are really necessary.

By far the most interesting point made was that in general the people who take vitamin supplements don't actually need them because they eat healthily anyway.
It makes a lot of sense because if you are motivated enough to buy and take vitamin supplements then it is likely that you are motivated to eat healthy food as well.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #104 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:25pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 10:19pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:56am:
Here's something for Vitamin Supplement Value - Team Denial

Vitamania Premieres Sunday August 12, 8.30pm on SBS

Dr Derek Muller takes us on an epic journey to uncover why scientists disagree on the effectiveness and safety of vitamins and supplements.

https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/vitamania

Very interesting program. Dr Derek Muller is a physicist so he didn't come into the program with preconceived biases.
Here are some of the important points

- A vitamin deficiency is bad for your health
- A vitamin overdose is also bad for your health
- The Vitamin supplements industry is completely unregulated. You have no idea what you are ingesting and what the dosage is
- Vitamin supplements are almost entirely synthetic and are created in chemical factories. They are not "natural"
- Vitamin D is the latest craze but the jury us still out about what levels are healthy and whether supplements are really necessary.

Looking at that list, I'm not sure what the fussabout the program was. We already well know most of these points apart from point 4 which is irrelevant.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Send Topic Print