Send Topic Print
Going to Far? (Read 1058 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Going to Far?
Aug 4th, 2018 at 12:08pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-03/queensland-hospitals-to-ban-junk-food-and-...

IMO its a good idea to get rid of that junk from hospitals however isnt it going a bit far to let the govt tell ppl what they can eat or drink?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Going to Far?
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 12:10pm

Yep people with low blood sugar wont be able to find a sugar hit in the vicinity, at least their in a hospital... Smiley

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:44pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-03/queensland-hospitals-to-ban-junk-food-and-...

IMO its a good idea to get rid of that junk from hospitals however isnt it going a bit far to let the govt tell ppl what they can eat or drink?

Spot
They arent telling people what they can eat and drink, they are telling hospitals what they can sell. For goodness sake, if you dont like what they sell then dont buy it, use your free will man.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:55pm

rhino wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:44pm:

Spot
They arent telling people what they can eat and drink, they are telling hospitals what they can sell. For goodness sake, if you dont like what they sell then dont buy it, use your free will man.

Exactly.
If you don't like what the hospital is selling then bring your own food. There is nothing stopping you doing that.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:33pm

Well.. obviously the current crop of Labor elitists knows what's best for everyone.... are they going to ban people bringing in Mars Bars and barley sugar for their grannie in hospie?  what about a surreptitious importation of MacFries and such?  Will that be banned, confiscated by armed guards at the door, and the perpetrators turfed out or even charged with importation of forbidden goods?

Every tiny step by the socio-fascists is one more step towards total control over you - the politician's dream that - absolute control... and they mistake their position of service to the nation as being one of dictatorship....

Wait until some bullying nurse (plenty of those around - it's in the job description) demands to know why someone is bringing unhealthy food to the patient.... and shirt-fronts them over it, causing distress for family and patient.....

Downe At Ye Olde Queenslund Infirmary:-

"What do you mean by bringing in that filthy, grease-laden, cholesterol riddled heap of offal on a bun and offering it to a patient here?"

"It was his last request....."

"WE'LL decide what he gets for his Last Supper..... I suppose he wanted a smoke and a beer, too!  Empty your pockets!!  AHA!! It's all on report!!  Now hand it over or I'll call security!!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:54pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:55pm:

Spot

Exactly.
If you don't like what the hospital is selling then bring your own food. There is nothing stopping you doing that.

They should sell healthier foods at hospital. Its ridiculous. When I was in hospital a couple years ago I couldnt get anything decent to eat and there wasnt anyone to bring me anything.

The point is though that the hospitals arent the only things they are bringing in laws for. Read the article.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 4:00pm

Spot

Exactly.

Done that. For the birth of both mine, my wife took one look at the slop being dished up, and I popped out and got her a lovely pad thai from just 15 mins walk away.

The hospital food was truly appalling.

IBI

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 11:02am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:54pm:

IMO its a good idea to get rid of that junk from hospitals however isnt it going a bit far to let the govt tell ppl people what they can eat or drink?

Spot

Exactly.

They should sell healthier foods at hospital. Its ridiculous. When I was in hospital a couple years ago I couldnt get anything decent to eat and there wasnt anyone to bring me anything.

The point is though that the hospitals arent the only things they are bringing in laws for. Read the article.

Spot

The only other law they mention in the article is banning the advertising of junk food around children in public schools, sport centres, community recreation venues and other government-owned and operated facilities.

So I don't understand why you are claiming that the government are telling people what they can and can't drink. There is no evidence of it in the article.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:31pm

Spot

Perhaps bottle shops in hospitals might help do away with this
"nanny state"
mentality

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 12:58pm

Spot

Quote:
Australian Beverages Council spokesman, Geoff Parker, said the industry had been blindsided, calling it an insult to people's intelligence.

"Unfortunately the Queensland Government has decided not to consult with the industry on this particular move and that's disappointing," Mr Parker said.

"From an impact on industry perspective, this ban will have very little impact.

If it wouldn't be hitting the industry, financially, there'd be no need to oppose the move

This reminds me of "big tobacco" spending millions to fight plain packaging on cigarettes - even though plain packaging was having
"no effect on sales"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 8:44am

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 11:02am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 2:54pm:

IMO its a good idea to get rid of that junk from hospitals however isnt it going a bit far to let the govt tell ppl people what they can eat or drink?

Spot

Exactly.

Spot

The only other law they mention in the article is banning the advertising of junk food around children in public schools, sport centres, community recreation venues and other government-owned and operated facilities.

So I don't understand why you are claiming that the government are telling people what they can and can't drink. There is no evidence of it in the article.

The discussions have been going for a while and there are commentators in the news shows calling for more lawsand govt intervention in what people eat.

Meanwhile like i said hospitals are disgusting. Full of junk food which is not good for sick people (or anyone else).

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print