Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Open your Mind for Mental Health Movement (Read 1942 times)
Adam_Hamden

Australian Politics

Open your Mind for Mental Health Movement
Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:57pm

Open your Mind for Mental Health Movement serves as a vessel for our suffering to finally be heard and make a REAL change to our Mental Health System

You can type ommhmovement in facebook search to find out more

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Open your Mind for Mental Health Movement
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 10:42pm

Mental Health

Find mental health, find ease, and comfort.

Psalms 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Psalms 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

'Wellness' in our soul, is a quality and a possession, of those who love the LORD.

Matthew 22:36
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38  This is the first and great commandment.
39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Mark 12:28
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Seek for God.   ???

Read scripture, every day.

Read, his inspired word.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 10:45pm

An ironical point made by Yadda is his reference to bible scripture in leading to a social form of mental health healing. I was put into mental health because of the acts of religious nutters going on a bender of religious hatred of my non-religious personality. Reading bible stories has lead me to become even more anti-religious than I thought possible. I tried to read my late grandmother's bible, only to toss the book across the room on just about every occasion. How people can get so nutsy over a fictional book is well beyond my understanding. Read Harry Potter. At least the protagonists go about doing some good for the community.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 12:21am

Spent 30mins in a Mental Health Unit today, visiting an 'aquaintence', of whom I got to know here since I moved here in May. She was in a caravan across from me.
She has her drug (most likely 'ice') and other issues (ex-con) but she was a good chat during the winter at the CP.

So I just held her, with little said. She was tired, beaten up and looked like absolute crap. But she was tearfully glad 'someone' came to see her. Poor thing. I think I blew the staff away with 'why' would a Guy like that, visit ...her?  Shocked
(Well that's my own Private Idaho and until then...)

[edit]
Most of the rest of the day, I felt sad for my friendly aquaintence. I just wanted to go for a dive, out into the
...BLUE.

Alas, the swell is up considerably.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2018 at 12:26am by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:05am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 30th, 2018 at 10:45pm:
An ironical point made by Yadda

I agree. It is very ironic that Yadda would be giving mental health advise to OTHER people

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2018 at 11:37am

Thanks for your post, Yadda

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:38pm

The surprise thing about Mental Health...

(though I reckon 50% just need a good kick up the arse, except because the Yankees beat the Confederates and are yet to be held accountable for their 'international' crimes. The justice system is unbalanced. It's 'white' collar 'only'. So any 'physical' punishment is voided and this is what 50% of them 'deserve'  Angry)

The growth in 'Mental' jobs and work has created a greater number of 'mentally stressed' people.
Throw in the fact that...

Old Days: Life was 'physically' harder, but 'mentally' simpler (see Amish)
New Days: Life is 'physically' easier (thanks to machines),
but 'mentally' more COMPLEX.

Never have people had to work so mentally hard.
I've done a job that was so hard on the brain, it was exhausting.
The best Academics can avg just 2.5 hours straight concentration.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print