Send Topic Print
Post count- MRBs (Read 1545 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Post count- MRBs
Jul 29th, 2018 at 4:39pm

every time a thread is dumped in rels it  gives aussie 100s more post count every time it happens-which goes to his over all total- this came to my attention the other day when he bragged about his "highly successful board" - the success of boards are determined by post count and rise up the main  board in relation to the post count- this is an extra post count for him of many thousands by now as its been happening for years- think about this?

can we fix this pretty please ? unfair

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Post count- MRBs
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 5:03pm

Threads get 'dumped' in other MRBs Agnes....like Extremism and Environment.  It is not exclusive to Relationships.

If a Thread is moved to Relationships.....I will always edit the first post so that everyone knows that it was moved, where it was moved from, when it was moved, and by whom it was moved.

I could say a lot more, but I'll leave it at that.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 1:13pm

So the post count is evenly effected over all boards why dont the mods start putting moveable threads between all MRBS- instead of all of them to your board- because you get most of the threads put there posters get used to going to your board which is already artificially raised to the top because of these threads you have put there by mods - to be fair to all of us- I will be watching your board and I have been already for the  artificaily raised post count raised by dumping threads there-  I could say a lot more -

you would feel better aussie knowing you were not getting a free hand up would you not ? just in the interests of fairness-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 1:28pm

Snakebite count might be a better measure. Beware the snake lady and her enticements.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 1:36pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 29th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
every time a thread is dumped in rels it  gives aussie 100s more post count every time it happens-which goes to his over all total- this came to my attention the other day when he bragged about his "highly successful board" - the success of boards are determined by post count and rise up the main  board in relation to the post count- this is an extra post count for him of many thousands by now as its been happening for years- think about this?

Why does it matter? Is there a prize for most posts?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 3:46pm

Stretching the relevance but this is about MRB and since this was just deleted from the MRB in discussion, the John and Mothra thread, I thought I would put it here.

Quote:
Rulez  Grin  Grin. Dear oh smacking dear.

The premise of this thread is wrong, FD doesn't owe Aussie an explanation nor to justify what he does, nor is he limited or constrained by rulez.

I seem to recall board mods saying what happens in the board they mod is up to them and further to that, if you don't like it to not post in that board.

Sandpit something something... Sound familiar?  Cool

Freediver is the ultimate mod and this is all his board, his house, his rulez, no matter how you feel about it, in fact,  a lot like the member boards.   Cool

Maybe he banned them for being annoying buggerwits, or maybe he is just as arbitrary or as vengeful and vindictive as some of the mods of member boards.

And rather amusingly, in deleting the comment from his board Aussie has just confirmed the right of Freediver to do as he likes in his board(s).

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 4:16pm

And this one deleted as well,

Secret Wars wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 3:58pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 3:56pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 3:37pm:
*I thought I had made it clear.  Post either support or not and then explain why in either case.  This Thread is not for any other commentary.  If you want to make other comments....go start a Thread here.  Mod.*

*Edited....for the same reason.  Cut that crap out, Mr Wars.  Mod.*

In strict accordance with your diktat I vote not, and the reason why is support of a mod to mod as they like.  Cool

Please clarify that...and make it personally relevant to the conduct of Mothra and Smith....nothing else.

It isn't a comment on the conduct of Mothra and Smith, it is a vote to confirm in the positive the right of mods to mod as they see fit, a right that you reserve for yourself so surely should extend to the owner of the forum that bestowed that right.

Hilariously Aussie thinks that Freediver is accountable to Aussie despite Aussie claiming his own sovereignty within his board and need not justify his own actions.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 4:53pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 1:36pm:
Agnes wrote on Jul 29th, 2018 at 4:39pm:

Why does it matter? Is there a prize for most posts?

Spot

The Mad Monk thinks so apparently! 

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print