Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Local Ozpol Member Proudly Defends Rapist (Read 11315 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Local Ozpol Member Proudly Defends Rapist
Reply #60 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 10:35am

Freediver, I said I would discuss it here:

Quote:
Because the crown prosecutor brought forward a rape case in which the victim was apparently a willing participant, and the bragging lawyer has suddenly gone silent about how it all transpired.

If you read this Thread, you might get some idea.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #61 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:51pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
So......what question did I ask.....after very gently asking her prior questions in the most polite and demure way.

No-one?

Assuming the offence happened in Queensland yes?

If so did you employ the "Mistake of Fact" defence?

The question you asked is "Did you at any point say no to the defendant."

CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 24
Mistake of fact
24 Mistake of fact

(1) A person who does or omits to do an act under an honest and reasonable, but mistaken, belief in the existence of any state of things is not criminally responsible for the act or omission to any greater extent than if the real state of things had been such as the person believed to exist.
(2) The operation of this rule may be excluded by the express or implied provisions of the law relating to the subject.

Under the Mistake of Fact defence you can, quite successfully, argue that the defendant was under an honest but mistaken belief that the complainant consented to his actions because she did not say no to him.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:55pm

Raven wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:51pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
So......what question did I ask.....after very gently asking her prior questions in the most polite and demure way.

No-one?

Assuming the offence happened in Queensland yes?

If so did you employ the "Mistake of Fact" defence?

The question you asked is "Did you at any point say no to the defendant."

CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 24
Mistake of fact
24 Mistake of fact

(1) A person who does or omits to do an act under an honest and reasonable, but mistaken, belief in the existence of any state of things is not criminally responsible for the act or omission to any greater extent than if the real state of things had been such as the person believed to exist.
(2) The operation of this rule may be excluded by the express or implied provisions of the law relating to the subject.

Under the Mistake of Fact defence you can, quite successfully, argue that the defendant was under an honest but mistaken belief that the complainant consented to his actions because she did not say no to him.

That was always open...but it was Plan B.  Plan A was what worked......she admitted she gave her consent.  Have you read this Thread?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:01pm

Does it really matter what manner of legal trickery he employed in order to get a sex offender off the hook?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:05pm

rhino wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
Does it really matter what manner of legal trickery he employed in order to get a sex offender off the hook?

I asked Members to see if they could work it out.  No tricks.  Just a trust in the INNOCENT client's instructions and Bob's yer Uncle.  The great moral of this matter (and others) is ALWAYS tell your Lawyer the truth, warts and all......ALWAYS.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:13pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
I asked Members to see if they could work it out. 

you asked if she'd consented the first two times?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:29pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
I asked Members to see if they could work it out. 

you asked if she'd consented the first two times?

Argh....someone is on the right track!  Keep thinking along those lines......but, you never use a sledge hammer Mr Smith, especially when you have a Judge on high alert.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 6:00pm

Cods:

Quote:
and now we are being told... to get stuffed.... Angry

I am beginning to think this is another simple deflection...it was all FAKE to begin with.

I am not telling anyone to get stuffed and neither was FD cods.  That post of his was a backhander at me.

If you want me to respond.....This is the place.

Alinta and now Mr Smith are on the right track.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #68 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:03pm

Freediver persisting where I prefer not to post and where he knows I prefer not to post:

Quote:
Yes. I think you are evading yet again.

I don't care what you think.  It is your job to think .... of what the line of question was.

Quote:
Do you seriously expect me to believe you can explain how you tricked the mentally disabled rape victim into tanking her own case on your board but not this one?

No one was tricked.  Ima thinking of putting a quote bomb post together illustrating your capacity to put words into the mouths of your Members, but I won't yet because you keep proving to be such a rich load of examples in this matter. 

Sure, I can post the resolution at Extremism but (a) this has nothing to do with Extremism and (b) I am exercising the right you confer on all Members not to post in a MRB whose Moderator I regard as an arsehole.

Quote:
And that it takes a whole thread to explain?

Don't blame me for the lack of action by your GMods in allowing duplicate Threads to blossom on the same matter.

Most of the posts in both Threads are by trolls who (a) want to schit stir and don't care less about looking at the matter in a bona fide way, including you ~ All you want to do is what you usually do......verbal posters, or (b) throw a tantrum and demand to be told what they could easily work out if they thought about it instead of tossing teddy and the dummy.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #69 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:24pm

"Had my client ever done this to you before?"

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Alinta wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:24pm:
"Had my client ever done this to you before?"

Bingo.

Ya see.....she had not told the Cops/Prosecutor that the same thing happened on two prior occasions on prior days.  My client's instructions were that when she complained, it was concerning the third occasion.

So.....that question (posted by Alinta) led into her having to reveal (if it were true...and she admitted it in the witness box) that there were two prior occasions about which she had not complained......and the rest is easy to work out.

The ultimate three questions were.....'And did you know what was going to happen next?'  Yes.  'And you knew that because it had happened twice before when he was close and behind you?'  Yes.  'So, you were willing to allow it to happen again on this occasion? Yes.

A brown paper bag of Uncanny's boiled lollies goes to Alinta, and half a bag goes to Mr Smith.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:59pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 6:43pm

I see cods seems not to know what the word 'willing' means.  Jayzuz.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #72 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 6:55pm

This is the level of naked blinding stupidity we have around these parts.  Just read this drivel and allow your jaw to drop agape.

Cods:

Quote:
so he DID RAPE HER....you claimed she consented to it......now you claim  you asked her .... has my client done this to you before????

so what if he did.....

it doesnt mean she is always open to it... Angry Angry Angry

it isnt too easy to work out....

women do change their minds....

but maybe mentally challenged women as far as the legal system is concerned   do not have that privilege. Angry Angry Angry Angry

the story is FAKE...someone trying to big note himself...in the eyes of those who believe every word he says... Angry Angry Angry

**'So, you were willing to allow it to happen again on this occasion?' Yes.**

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 6:58pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:43pm:
Bingo.

i can see why FD thinks that is trickery .... NOT Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #74 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 6:59pm

Cods, if I had your real name I would ensure that you never ever ever got anywhere near a Jury Panel.  Ever. 

In fact, turn yourself in and show them this Thread as to why you ought never be there.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print